PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft?

Kathy Jetson
10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know anything about Minecraft? My 9yr old ds wants Tekkit. His father won't download a free version because he said it put unwanted things on his computer. Is there a version you can pay for that doesn't do that? We can't find anything.

thank you for any help.

Kenny1113
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
My kids have downloaded Minecraft onto the Xbox. They love it! I don't get it:confused:

Capt_redshirt
10-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Any and all free versions of minecraft is illegal and most likely a virus now you can try a browser version of it on the minecraft site there is a demo on the main site you can spend 27 dollars on the site or at the store to have a paid version of it

Niecyboo
10-18-2012, 10:44 PM
My DS just gave up his "Pirates of the Caribbean" membership so he could buy Minecraft. We looked into the free versions and they really are not safe. He loves the game and I agree I don't "get it." I do like that it is very unrealistic graphics. I won't let my son play the more graphic type games.

buzznwoodysmom
10-19-2012, 10:40 AM
My boys bought, and downloaded, it onto their Xboxes. They, like so many others, LOVE that game. If your kids have an xbox that would probably be your best bet.

Kathy Jetson
10-19-2012, 07:29 PM
We bought Minecraft for him for the computer I think it was $36.00? I don't get it either but he loves it. He is asking about Tekkit which he says is a version of Minecraft but we can only find free stuff for it. Does anyone know of a version where you can pay for it?

P.S. We don't have xbox just looking for something for the desk top.

Ian
10-20-2012, 12:24 PM
DS5 LOVES Minecraft and plays it all the time on his iPad.

I don't get it at all. :confused:

Capt_redshirt
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
tekkit is a mod. Most mods are free which is good. The thing is with out a little research ahead of time you dont know if the mod is legit or a virus. Looking at it, it seems ok but I would do more searching before download and installing it... I think the appeal of mine craft is its like vitual legos... ive seen entire cities built someone even created a replica of the enterprise D from star trek the next generation.. the other appeal is the survival mode where your stranded on a lone world and you have to survive from all the monsters and you do that by creating stuff and remembering patterns

magicofdisney
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
All my kids love minecraft. They each have a paid account so I can't tell you anything about the free versions. My oldest son, 14, even has a minecraft podcast he produces every 1-2 wks. It's a huge craze with kids these days. I like it because it's relatively safe, especially if you don't use the chat features. Otherwise you need to find a family friendly site. PM me if you want to know the site my kids use.

Kathy Jetson
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you everyone! I think I'll just tell him to forget about Tekkit and just play the Minecraft we already have.:mickey: