PDA

View Full Version : Which one? Help me decide.

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
With a limited number of TS credits, I'm down to a decision between eating dinner at Chefs de France or lunch Tony's Town Square.

Here's the scenario. For Chefs, I'm eating at Akershus for lunch early that day. If I don't eat at Chefs, it'll be one of the numerous CS places in the World Showcase. For Tony's, it would be the only TS of that day. If we don't eat here, it'll be two CS meals at MK that day.

So what do you think? I know it's trivial, but let me know.:D

Capt_redshirt
10-18-2012, 04:59 PM
If it were me and those were my only choices i would say chef de france only because I didnt have a good experience at tonys.... granted that was 3 years ago and things might have changed. if your looking for a good TS at MK i would say liberty tree but thats just my choice

mariak
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
If it were me and those were my only choices i would say chef de france only because I didnt have a good experience at tonys.... granted that was 3 years ago and things might have changed. if your looking for a good TS at MK i would say liberty tree but thats just my choice

I've actually heard both good and bad about Tony's but I've never been there. While I love most places in Epcot, I don't know that I'd want to take as much time out of the day as it would take for 2 TS meals....that's just me. Epcot has great CS in WS and we look forward to that just as much as TS sometimes.

I think the idea of checking out Libety Tree Tavern would be a good idea...maybe even The Plaza Restaurant. I've heard wonderful things about it as well.

If you're not opposed to leaving the park for a bit, you might try to hop on the monorail and hit O'hana at The Polynesian or 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian. That would be my personal preference.

Good luck with your decision!

:tink:Have a magical trip!!

Maria

Gator
10-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the idea of checking out Libety Tree Tavern would be a good idea...maybe even The Plaza Restaurant. I've heard wonderful things about it as well.

I've got LTT and Crystal Palace booked for my other days at MK. Just wanted something different. Went with Tony's because The Plaza seems like a glorified Starlight Cafe. But I like your point about 2 TS in one day. That does take up a lot of time.

greengeen
10-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Le Chefs!!

Disney Hungarian
10-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Instead of Tony's or 2 CS: I would suggest getting on a monorail and heading to one of the better resort restaurants. Just my 2 cents.

SBETigg
10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Normally, I would say Chefs. But since you already have a TS for lunch and there are so many good CS places in Epcot, I would say go CS that night.

But I probably wouldn't choose Tony's, either, though I have seen some good reviews for it lately. I like Sean's idea to choose a TS at a nearby resort. I love Grand Floridian Cafe. But if you have a desire to try Tony's, then that would be the choice to make in this scenario.

darthmacho
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I love Chef's de France. That's just my opinion. Haven't been to Tony's since 1999, and in no rush to go back. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-18-2012, 09:48 PM
I love Chefs. We have never tried Tony's so I really can't comment.

However, of the two I would probably pick Tony's since you are already doing a TS in Epcot. With so many wonderful QS places in World Showcase I'd rather do that than 2 QS in MK.

A Big Kid
10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
We used to LOVE Tony's. It was a must do fir every trip. We especially loved it for breakfast. Right after 9-11, they stopped serving breakfast. The place went downhill from there. Service was TERRIBLE and the food was mediocre. We haven't been in at least 6 years and really dont plan to return.

We never had a bad meal at Le Chefs. It's on our ADR list for our December trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2012, 08:40 AM

:ditto:

but I would probably hop the monorail and go to one of the resorts for dinner instead.

mariak
10-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I've got LTT and Crystal Palace booked for my other days at MK. Just wanted something different. Went with Tony's because The Plaza seems like a glorified Starlight Cafe. But I like your point about 2 TS in one day. That does take up a lot of time.

If you're wanting to stay in the park, I think you've made a good choice. :thumbsup: At least you can say you've tried it and decide for yourself. It’s on my “to eat” list. I do look forward to trying it at some point. However, if you should decide that you might like to try eating at one of the monorail resorts, start checking reservations everyday on-line (about a week or two out) and you might just get a good one. With the change in reservations, where you have leave a credit card number (and get charged for no-shows), many people who book "extra" reservations start to fine tune their itineraries and start canceling reservations. While some people might not like the policy, I think it helps those who make trip plans within the 6 month window (when many of the more popular restaurants are booked solid). I'm headed there next week on a last minute decision and I've been able to get reservations at LeCellier for lunch, and for both 1900 Park Fare and O'hana for dinner!

No matter where you end up, ENJOY! You’ll be at the happiest place on earth! :mickey:

Maria

TheDuckRocks
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow, I can see your confusion.
Chef de France - we love it and go there most every trip. Two big TS meals in one day has proven to be more than we enjoy. Have done more than one ADR a day and have found, for us, it is too time consuming and way, way too much food. And that is from a group of adults with teenagers. Options for CS in Epcot are numerous and very good. Often times we have trouble not having enough days to eat at all the places we like.
Tony's Town Square - we have always found the food to be good but overall not memorable. Their Italian food is OK but not the very best. They do always have a very good steak on the menu and their pistachio creme brulee is to die for. We find ourself eating here for convience many times and have not ever gone away hungry. If you have kids in the group the themeing is very cute and from what I've noticed the little ones pretty happy here.
Going to a resort restaurant - there are many excellent choices for doing that, and we do that at times, but we do realize what a lot of time that takes away from the park.
After all my ramblings my choice would be Tony's if it was us.

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
While I like Chefs, 2 World Showcase TS meals in one day is a lot of food, and a lot of time out of the parks.

I'd say Tony's only because it breaks up your meals a bit more. I haven't eaten there in years, so I can't speak to the food.

Brer_Fox
10-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I have never eaten at any of the restaurants at France.... but I would totally choose and of them over Tony's.

Tony's is not really good, I mean how can you mess up spaghetti and meatballs. Extremely load. One of the few restaurants that should just disappear or become something else, honestly.

amorillo
10-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Le Chefs all the way! We ate at both last week... and Le Chefs was wonderful! All six in our party enjoyed their meal, and we will definitely go back in the future. Tony's, on the other hand, was a whole different story. In my quest to eat everywhere :blush: we booked an early dinner here. While the service was great, the food was just blah. Nothing really to brag about.... calamari was a bit soggy. Dinners were just ok. We can check this one off the list, and will be in no hurry to eat here again.