PDA

View Full Version : CR Tower or AKL Savannah

wilcat
10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I did not think we would be going to WDW for a few years but my DH said to get some ideas on a trip for next Sept and we will see if we can pull it off. Between a Magic Kingdom view at CR and a Savannah View at AKL which would you choose and why? We have never stayed at a deluxe before and are looking to see what folks like better. Thanks for your input.

Cathy

ThanxForNoticin
10-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Those are 2 very different resorts. CR, of course, has the location benefit if you're spending a lot of time at MK - you can't beat it. AKL (especially savannah view) offers a beautiful and relaxing place to spend some time. We also really prefer the restaurants at AKL over CR. It really depends on what you'd be looking for. Bottom line, we'd recommend AKL, but you don't have a bad choice.

Ms. Mode
10-18-2012, 01:43 PM
We loved AKL and plan to stay there again, but first we will be at CR with an MK view in...11 DAYS! (Just getting a little excited there, sorry) I can tell you that after we stayed at AKL it was hard to go back to anything less that Deluxe. :blush:

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:16 PM
AKL is a great place to stay if you have time to spend at the resort and enjoy the view of animals. But if you hit the parks all day and don't come back until night time, go with CR. It would be great to wake up to the Castle every morning and maybe catch the fireworks at night. Plus, the monorail!!!

darthmacho
10-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Tough choice. The AKL Savannah view tops my bucket list, but there are so many plusses to staying at CR, such as proximity, monorail, and view, among other things.

Personally, I'd probably go AKL, because I love the restaurants and animals.

The good news is that you probably can't make a wrong decision here.

Simba's Mom
10-18-2012, 07:26 PM
AKL is one of my favorite resorts-I could probably sit on the balcony and watch the animals almost all trip. CR has the theme park proximity advantage. I suppose that if I wanted to spend all my time in the parks, I'd go with CR. A restful vacation, definitely AKL.

faline
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Contemporary Resort Magic Kingdom view - loved, loved stayed here! Think of watching the fireworks from your balcony; being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom; feeling the shudder as the monorails glide through the building; wathcing the Castle changing colors fron your bed; walking downstairs to get on the monorail.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view - can be wonderful; can be so-so depending on where you're staying. We've had several wonderful savannah view rooms which included sights of lots of animals - especially liked the giraffes. One one trip, though we were on a Savannah that seemed to have a real lack of animals - I think we saw one Ankole Cattle during our whole stay. When there have been lots of animals to see, we've loved spending time on our balcony observing the animals. One downside is that all the transportation is via bus and it always feels a bit out of the way to all the parks except for Animal Kingdom.

Still, both resorts offer a terrific Disney experience.

Lindsey310
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
We haven't stayed in the CR resort before but we did stay at AKL A few times with a savannah view and it was spectacular. We woke up every morning and had our coffee on the balcony watching the animals. We love the resort and it has become my favorite.

The lobby is amazing and they have a great quick service and at night the smell of boma is delicious.

Only drawback is that its sort of far out from the parks with the exception of AK.

Obsessed with AKL, my vote is for that!:thumbsup: