PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time Magic - 2013 Campaign: First Events to be Announced 12/28/12

Melanie
10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Message updated by Figment! on on 12-20-2012 at 08:50 PM

The "Limited Time Magic" events will be announced on the following website:

Limited Time Magic (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/)

The first events, presumably for January 2013, will be announced on December 28, 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message updated on on 10-17-2012 at 09:48 AM

See Full (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2311435&postcount=15)Announcement Below (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2311435&postcount=15) for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message originally posted by Melanie on 10-17-2012 at 08:47 AM

There are giant Disney ice sculptures set up in Times Square this morning in anticipation of the announcement of the 2013 Disney Parks promotion, Limited Time Magic.

Details are to be announced on Good Morning America. Can't wait to hear the full details and hopefully reasoning behind the name, because I think it's just...strange. :confused:

faline
10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
That is rather an odd name - wonder what it signifies?

BrerGnat
10-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Limited Time Magic? What???

Okay, I'm interested now. What a great marketing hook...

Any guesses? Mine is: "Book this VERY special offer for 2013, but book now, because offer must be booked before the ice sculptures melt." :D

faline
10-17-2012, 08:04 AM

Any guesses? Mine is: "Book this VERY special offer for 2013, but book now, because offer must be booked before the ice sculptures melt." :D

And, in the meantime, we'll crash our computer system so you can't get through to book anything!!

Melanie
10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
And, in the meantime, we'll crash our computer system so you can't get through to book anything!!

LOL! Just saw someone joking on Twitter, saying 'wasn't it limited time magic the other day when only a few passholders could get through to book the new Fantasyland preview?'

VWL Mom
10-17-2012, 08:07 AM

:funny:

Melanie
10-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Looks like there will be 52 'limited' campaigns throughout the year, tied to holidays, etc. Think Valentine's, St. Paddy's Day, 4th of July, etc.

TinkerbellT421
10-17-2012, 08:09 AM
There are giant Disney ice sculptures set up in Times Square this morning in anticipation of the announcement of the 2013 Disney Parks promotion, Limited Time Magic.

Details are to be announced on Good Morning America. Can't wait to hear the full details and hopefully reasoning behind the name, because I think it's just...strange. :confused:

Heh? Say what?! :confused: That is just....I cannot even put a word to it, so we will stick with yours and say....weird....Maybe it will be an even shorter promotion than the big Operation Leap Year or whatever they called it was lol

Okay, I'm interested now. What a great marketing hook...

:rotfl::funny:

:rotfl::funny:

Now, I'm intrigued to say the least....I wonder how that board meeting conversation went...:cool:

VWL Mom
10-17-2012, 08:11 AM
I actually got an email from DVC the other day about something today in Times Square and inviting me to "something special in your neighborhood". Deleted it though, thought it was just another sales push.

Melanie
10-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I actually got an email from DVC the other day about something today in Times Square and inviting me to "something special in your neighborhood". Deleted it though, thought it was just another sales push.

Ouch! I'd love to be down there right now. The sculptures look really cool and there are characters out there. :mickey:

VWL Mom
10-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Found it

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

Limited Time Magic...maybe winter sailings from NY on the Magic?

Here's a lamer guess - Disney on Ice is at Nassau Coliseum in January?

BrerGnat
10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Looks like there will be 52 'limited' campaigns throughout the year, tied to holidays, etc. Think Valentine's, St. Paddy's Day, 4th of July, etc.

52 campaigns? Like, one for every week? Wow...that's really limited. :rolleyes:

buzznwoodysmom
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Found it

Limited Time Magic...maybe winter sailings from NY on the Magic?

I think the Magic sails out of Galveston in the winter. I know they have several sailings in Jan. and Feb. next year. I got an offer, Kids sail free, I think it was. But when we do decide to take a cruise I'd rather it be during warmer months.

Interested to see what plays out this morning. I hope it's something better than the leap day nonsense.

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 08:47 AM
52 campaigns? Like, one for every week? Wow...that's really limited. :rolleyes:

If each one varies wildly from the next, they're limited... But that would only serve to confuse and frustrate customers, I'd think.

BrerGnat
10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
From The Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/giant-ice-castle-in-times-square-kicks-off-limited-time-magic-at-disney-parks/)

Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parks

We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013. Regular Blog readers already know that next year is a momentous year – with New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a re-imagined Disney California Adventure park. And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.

As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.

So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January?

Here’s an idea:

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.

Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Those aren't the "long lost" characters that would be on my list.

Which week are they going to bring back Adventurer's Club? ;)

Melanie
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM
And this is now on the limitedtimemagic.com website. Check back for updates.

Every week, Limited Time Magic will surprise and delight you in fanciful and unexpected ways. New entertainment, a special culinary treat or an imaginative encounter will pop up—and then disappear just as the next opportunity arises.

Just imagine the possibilities… like:

An Independence Day celebration that lasts an entire week

A Friday the 13th dance party with Disney villains—and festivities that continue to the 13th hour

Main Street mainstays the Dapper Dans rocking out with boy band hits in barbershop style

A Valentine's Day that becomes Valentine's Week—with Disney castles blushing pink, surprise meet-and-greets with Disney princes and princesses, and candlelit dinners for couples in love.

Limited Time Magic offers a little pixie dust to make the time you spend together at Disney Parks extra special—and the memories you take home everlasting. Unique, magical and memorable—these special experiences are available for a limited time only.

Limited Time Magic special experiences will be available soon. Please bookmark this page and check back for exciting offerings.

Melanie
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Those aren't the "long lost" characters that would be on my list.

Flik? Flik is out every day at Animal Kingdom. Oy. :rolleyes:

Stu29573
10-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Wow, that's rather...confusing. I don't really see any of these as being a big deal. As annoying as past promotions have been, at least they went long enough to be fully actualized. These seem kind of throw away...

buzznwoodysmom
10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Meh, doesn't really interest me. We'll be there the week of Valentine's Day. What has already been hinted at for that week doesn't interest me one bit.

mariak
10-17-2012, 09:44 AM

No doubt! I want to see Hercules, Meg, and other truly “long lost” character/friends! If they did that, it would be my choice of times to visit. The Friday the 13th, 2013 promotion also sounds intriguing. We love the villains but I’m a little paranoid and might have issues with that number… 13. Yikes! :paranoid:

Maria

SBETigg
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
And they couldn't come up with a better name for this than "Limited Time Magic," which sounds just awful and doesn't even really fit the promo. I would be happy to join the marketing team and come up with some better ideas for them.

BrerGnat
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

And Tweedle Dee and Tweddle Dum are out practically daily at Disneyland Park too.

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I would be happy to join the marketing team and come up with some better ideas for them.

You're over-qualified.

AgentC
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM

They removed Flik this summer from Animal Kingdom along with several other characters. I think Miss Bunny, Thumper and Jiminy Cricket are gone too. I suppose they'll be considered "long lost" by 2013.

Disney Hungarian
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
For long lost friends: How about Dreamfinder?

AgentC
10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
And they couldn't come up with a better name for this than "Limited Time Magic," which sounds just awful and doesn't even really fit the promo. I would be happy to join the marketing team and come up with some better ideas for them.

I think theme weeks are cute, but then again I can go whenever and easily pick a theme that I like.

I agree on the name. Just horrible.

AgentC
10-17-2012, 09:56 AM

:yes: With Figment. That would be cool.

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Just one of the many "retired" characters that Disney should roll out for that promotion to have any meaning at all.

Melanie
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
They removed Flik this summer from Animal Kingdom along with several other characters. I think Miss Bunny, Thumper and Jiminy Cricket are gone too. I suppose they'll be considered "long lost" by 2013.

See, I'm out of it already. ;) Yeah, long lost alright. :rolleyes:

TinkerbellT421
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I guess depending on how you look at it, this may be longer lasting than this years promotion.....Operation Leap Year.....lol

So, either we have promotions to look forward to once a week all year....or you have one REALLY short promotion for the one week your there. lol :cool:

Can one week be free :marg: week!?

SBETigg
10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
You're over-qualified.

Ha, thanks.

I think theme weeks are cute, but then again I can go whenever and easily pick a theme that I like.

I agree on the name. Just horrible.

Yes, to clarify, it's not the theme that bothers me. It's really just the name. That's no way to sell it. They could have gone with Unexpected Magic, Holiday Magic, any kind of magic that didn't sound like it had a shelf life.

Sign me up for some Limited Time Magic, said no one ever. Like it's all going to turn back into a pumpkin at midnight.

DizneyFreak2002
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Limited Time Magic... yea, um.. umm.. yea just best not to comment since I have nothing nice to say....

Edit: I'm talking about the name, not the promotion.. The promotion has the potential to be kind of cool, if done right...

AgentC
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
See, I'm out of it already. ;) Yeah, long lost alright. :rolleyes:

LOL. It has kind of been character carnage since you moved. Maybe it is preparation for long lost. :)

The one I'm saddest about is Beast is leaving (or has left Epcot). Eric is also gone from Magic Kingdom. There were a few others but those stick out the most to me.

TinkerbellT421
10-17-2012, 11:30 AM
LOL. It has kind of been character carnage since you moved. Maybe it is preparation for long lost. :)

The one I'm saddest about is Beast is leaving (or has left Epcot). Eric is also gone from Magic Kingdom. There were a few others but those stick out the most to me.

Is one of the ones that left Aladdin? lol DBF will be super excited if so, he has a thing for Jasmine :rolleyes: lol

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Sign me up for some Limited Time Magic, said no one ever. Like it's all going to turn back into a pumpkin at midnight.

Yep. I can see this flying as the internal name for the gimmicky theme weeks, but somebody should have said that isn't what you run up the flagpole for customers. Almost anything else seems likely to have been better.

Melanie
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Is one of the ones that left Aladdin?

Bite your tongue! :nono:

I knew Eric was gone, but not Beast. :(

Well, on the character subject, since Cindy is saying the Princes have/are disappearing, I did see where the Princes 'reappearing' is one of the themes.

TinkerbellT421
10-17-2012, 11:51 AM

:secret: DBF starts yelling at Aladdin whenever he is around. Sounds like DBF should be :banned: from Intercot just for the shear thought! :haha::tiptoe:

TheDuckRocks
10-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Limited Time Magic has got to be the dumbest name ever. I instantly had a number of negetive thoughts in about what it could mean. For those of us who travel plan well in advance because of issues with work, school and other reasons this kind of makes me feel like we will always be missing out on something better.

Tekneek
10-17-2012, 12:02 PM
This name sounds better for a promotion where resort guests can activate "Limited Time Magic" for a certain portion of their trip and gain access to special perks during that period.

AgentC
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Is one of the ones that left Aladdin? lol DBF will be super excited if so, he has a thing for Jasmine :rolleyes: lol

Sorry to disappoint your DBF but Aladdin is still at MK and Epcot.

I knew Eric was gone, but not Beast. :(

Well, on the character subject, since Cindy is saying the Princes have/are disappearing, I did see where the Princes 'reappearing' is one of the themes.

:funny: They know better than to mess with your Aladdin!

There are rumors that Beast will meet at Be Our Guest before dinner but it won't be a character meal? Not quite sure how that works. :confused:

Melanie
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
:funny: They know better than to mess with your Aladdin!

HotAladdin.com

:D

TiggeRia
10-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I accidentally ran into this today in Times Square! Got some Mickey balloons, had my picture flash on the big screen, danced with Radio Disney and saw the sculptures. Did not have time to wait in line for the characters. What a pleasant surprise to cheer me up during an otherwise crummy week!

JMTStone
10-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I have a family member who is terminally ill.

This name reminds me of him. Horrible name.

But as a Villain fan, I could see me looking into calling MJ to see what the prices are the week that the villains have their own party/events.

Butters
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
So is beast currently available anywhere? My DD loves beast and was hoping to meet him in December

Ian
10-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Not a big fan of the name, but I think the promotion has potential. Kind of a cute idea with an unfortunate name!

Melanie
10-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Not a big fan of the name, but I think the promotion has potential. Kind of a cute idea with an unfortunate name!

I agree. The name is awful, but the more I think about it, I like the potential, as you say. Sure, some weeks will be better than others, but still cute.

Gator
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Man, I really like the idea behind this campaign. "Limited Time Only" - I think it totally fits what they're trying to do. Darn - I was planning on skipping a year at WDW and saving up for a big trip. Disney knows how to shake me loose.

seanyred
10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I saw they were going to celebrate Friday the 13th in September. But what about December? That Friday the 13th will be much better Lol (since it is my Bday and I plan on being at DL).

Aurora
10-18-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm not pooh-poohing the idea, but I'll be waiting to see what the other weeks are as the year goes on. I'm not sure who the market is for this -- so far I don't think it's me, cause there wasn't anything on the list that made me think, "oooh, I've got to go THAT week."

Especially the "Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands" week. Wha???? :confused: I'm just giggling trying to figure out who THAT audience is.

And yeah, weird name. At first I thought it meant limited "time magic." As in, the magic of time. It's just a strange choice of words.

Dsnygirl
10-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Which week are they going to bring back Adventurer's Club? ;)

Ditto!!! :(

Dsnygirl
10-18-2012, 01:12 AM
So is beast currently available anywhere? My DD loves beast and was hoping to meet him in December

I don't know about currently, but last year we got pictures taken with him (and Belle) at Epcot, and a friend of ours who was there recently did, as well. :fingers:

Butters
10-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know about currently, but last year we got pictures taken with him (and Belle) at Epcot, and a friend of ours who was there recently did, as well. :fingers:

Thanks!!!

Roger's #1 Fan
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
We were at WDW in August. The Beast appears outside France at Epcot. Sometimes with Belle, sometimes they alternate.

We were lucky enough to get a pic with both.
My DD was thrilled! :cloud9:

AgentC
10-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Unfortunately the one in France at Epcot is the one they just cancelled. Belle is still there but they took the Beast away. I'm not sure why. :( Beast is supposed to start greeting in New Fantasyland when Be Our Guest opens on Nov 19th but it is not clear if you have to have reservations.

Hopefully they will bring him back to Epcot.

TheVBs
10-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Could be a fun promotion! Not that we're planning on being there in 2013. I agree, they could have come up with a much better name. Does anyone know how far in advance they'll announce the theme of each week? Even though we won't be going it will be fun to see what they're doing.

White Rose
10-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm going to be there January 8-15, so I'm curious what events they'll have for those few weeks in January...

I'll be sure to report back!

kbean
10-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Its limited time magic if your a Mayan.

Altair
10-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Its limited time magic if your a Mayan.

I would have waited till after 12/21 to build the new Fantasyland, just to be on the safe side.:blush:

Figment!
12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
**Update**

It is currently uncertain how far in advance the events will be announced for this campaign, but the first events will be announced on 12/28.

See the first post for the website Disney will be using to announce the events.

cuteduck223
12-21-2012, 12:30 AM
i'm hoping for something fun the first week of january (park hours have been extended to 1am) since we're going on a spur of the moment trip.

DizneyFreak2002
12-21-2012, 01:14 AM
**Update**

It is currently uncertain how far in advance the events will be announced for this campaign, but the first events will be announced on 12/28.

Rumor has it the events will only be announced a week in advance... Not sure how they will be able to do that and have this campaign be successful with fans...

Melanie
12-21-2012, 06:39 AM
**Update**

Thanks for the update, Jason. Anxious to see what the 'LTM' is for marathon week and also the last week of January for Disneyland. Hopefully they are both announced in this first wave. :magic:

joanna71985
12-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Looking forward to all the events!

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
WDW's first Limited Time Magic event:

"First, we’re beginning the New Year at Walt Disney World Resort in Magic Kingdom Park with Tomorrowland’s first ever “Bling in the New Year” dance party. For an entire week, children of all ages can celebrate the start of 2013. You’ll be able to watch live entertainment on Rockettower Plaza Stage, dance to great music and celebrate with some of your favorite Disney characters – all dressed in their New Year’s best. And if you can’t stay up until midnight, there will be a New Year’s countdown every hour leading up to midnight. The celebration begins on December 30 and runs through January 5."

A dance party is Limited Time Magic? They do dance parties all the time... :confused:

BTW, Disneyland gets the return of Golden Horseshoe... Somewhere in DLA someone gets it... Too bad the same cannot be said for people in TDO...

Melanie
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
BTW, Disneyland gets the return of Golden Horseshoe... Somewhere in DLA someone gets it... Too bad the same cannot be said for people in TDO...

Yeah BUT, and this may be viewed as good by some or bad by some, but the GH revival is for over a month. I thought the whole point of this 'limited time magic' was to bring some cool and unique to the table every week of the year. If they are going 'stretch' out these offerings, doesn't seem so unique. :unsure: I may have missed it, but are there other offerings during the GH revival for DLR?

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah BUT, and this may be viewed as good by some or bad by some, but the GH revival is for over a month. I thought the whole point of this 'limited time magic' was to bring some cool and unique to the table every week of the year. If they are going 'stretch' out these offerings, doesn't seem so unique. :unsure: I may have missed it, but are there other offerings during the GH revival for DLR?

I think they mentioned something about 3 Kings for the week, but my understanding is, DLR already celebrated 3 Kings... I don't know if that is true or not...

Melanie
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I think they mentioned something about 3 Kings for the week, but my understanding is, DLR already celebrated 3 Kings... I don't know if that is true or not...

HUH? What is that?

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 06:40 PM
HUH? What is that?

Isn't that the second part of Christmas season? Your guess is as good as mine Mel... LOL...

But regardless, Limited Time magic is supposed to be just that, the way they described it: bringing back things that are gone, even if just for a week... Dance parties for 3 year olds happen on a daily/nightly basis in WDW, mostly MK... This surely isn't Limited Magic... Golden Horsehoe returning, is Limited Magic even though it is going to be around for a month... One month is limited time...

Melanie
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Golden Horsehoe returning, is Limited Magic even though it is going to be around for a month... One month is limited time...

I get what you're saying (about the dance parties), but my point is that now we're talking about 12? unique things, instead of 52, which was originally expected. Or maybe I just misunderstood the entire promotion. lol

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I get what you're saying (about the dance parties), but my point is that now we're talking about 12? unique things, instead of 52, which was originally expected. Or maybe I just misunderstood the entire promotion. lol

Mel, your guess is as good as mine regarding this... You have to be on another planet and deprived of oxygen to understand Disney's marketing anymore today LOL...

Their official press release says 52 weeks of "limited magic"... Bringing back Golden Horseshoe for one month may be a toss in for the DL locals... But still TDA gets it...

Do you think TDO would bring back Adventurers' Club for one month??? No way lol...

Figment!
12-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Here's the full 12/28 announcement:

Walt Disney World Resort

Celebrate the New Year

Magic Kingdom park is putting on the glitz with the first ever "Bling in the New Year" dance party in Tomorrowland, December 30, 2012 through January 5, 2013! For an entire week, kids of all ages can celebrate 2013 while they dance to the hottest party hits, watch live entertainment on the Rockettower Plaza Stage and party with iconic Disney Characters all dressed in their New Year's best. And, just in case you can't stay up until midnight, there's a New Year's countdown every hour!

Disneyland Resort

Three Kings Celebration

Delight in the Three Kings Day party at Frontierland, part of the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree at Disneyland Park from January 4 through January 6, 2013! Celebrate the end of the holiday season with 3 days of music, activities and cuisine that pays tribute to Southern California's Mexican culture.

A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue

For a limited time only, you and your family can experience this musical variety extravaganza inspired by the renowned Frontierland show enjoyed by Walt Disney himself! Join Miss Lily and her Saloon Girls for an homage to the classic Golden Horseshoe Revue, a fun-filled show filled with plenty of family-friendly comedy, singing and dancing. Performances are Thursday through Monday, from January 10 through February 4, 2013.

Disney Parks

Year of the Ear

2013 is the Year of the Ear! Every month in 2013, Disney Parks will release new ear hats and headwear to add to your collection, from funky couture headbands to fun, limited-release designs that will have you smiling ear to ear. January kicks off with the limited-release Disney Couture Ear Hats!

Figment!
12-29-2012, 01:31 AM
HUH? What is that?

The Three Kings Celebration is an Epiphany (January 6) Celebration.

They actually announced it separately about a week ago and then re-announced it as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion today.

In the first announcement, they cited the success of the event in 2011 as a reason to bring it back in 2012.

DizneyFreak2002
12-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks for that Jason...

Mel, I think I understand what the deal is: the events are not what is limited (more magical)... The celebration for the week is what is limited.. So, in WDW, the week of December 30, 2012 to January 5, 2013, New Year is being celebrated with Stitch's Supersonic Celebration, I mean a Tomorrowland dance party... The dance parties are held daily and nightly so obviously they aren't limited time magic... The celebration of ringing in the New Years is limited though...

In DL, the Three Kings celebration lasts only 2 or 3 days, therefore, the celebration is "limited time magic"...

One week they are celebrating pirates with events they already do in the Magic Kingdom... But the pirate celebration is limited to a week (not the events since they do those events daily anyway)... There is a villain celebration in September in DHS that will last only a week, therefore is limited...

I will assume the week Valentine's Day falls into they will celebrate love... 4th of July week they will celebrate America and American independence...

I think I got it now... Kind of makes more sense now... Celebrations last only a week therefore are "limited" even if the events that showcase the celebration are run daily...

BrerGnat
12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
FWIW, Three Kings Day is a HUGE deal in the Hispanic community. That's probably why it's being celebrated at DLR.

It's almost as big as Christmas. There's gift giving and all that.

Melanie
12-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I think I got it now... Kind of makes more sense now... Celebrations last only a week therefore are "limited" even if the events that showcase the celebration are run daily...

:crazy:

I think I give up now. ;) If there is something cool going on while I'm at a park this year, and I happen to run across it, so be it. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
12-29-2012, 11:00 AM
:crazy:

I think I give up now. ;) If there is something cool going on while I'm at a park this year, and I happen to run across it, so be it. :thumbsup:

You're giving up just now? I've given up on Disney marketing a long time ago... They have no clue how to market anything other than princesses and products geared towards little girls...

But, like you, if I run into something when I am there in October, and it seems interesting enough, maybe I'll check it out... Otherwise, I don't expect too much from this marketing ploy...

Stu29573
12-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow, my Interestometer just buried the needle at a negative 3.24. A new low!!!

Buttercup
12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
You know, all those SUPER AWESOME dance parties are going to attract so many new people to the parks! I'm SO excited!!! And new Mickey ear designs? Every month??? WOW! I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAVE MY PENNIES SO I CAN GO TO WDW MORE OFTEN THIS YEAR!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Is this the reaction they're hoping for?? I did my best to sound legitimately thrilled.)

Ian
12-30-2012, 10:09 AM
You know, all those SUPER AWESOME dance parties are going to attract so many new people to the parks! I'm SO excited!!! And new Mickey ear designs? Every month??? WOW! I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAVE MY PENNIES SO I CAN GO TO WDW MORE OFTEN THIS YEAR!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Is this the reaction they're hoping for?? I did my best to sound legitimately thrilled.)Yes. This! :ditto:

Hammer
12-30-2012, 10:10 AM
FWIW, Three Kings Day is a HUGE deal in the Hispanic community. That's probably why it's being celebrated at DLR.

It's almost as big as Christmas. There's gift giving and all that.

And there isn't a large Hispanic community in Florida :confused: ?! Tampa has a large Spanish, Cuban, Puerto Rican community, which my family is a part, not to mention Miami.

Crow
12-31-2012, 11:31 PM
so can i expect something the first wk of feb if we pull this trip off..this is gonna b my valentine trip even though its the wk before..
not holding my breath.

DizneyFreak2002
01-01-2013, 04:02 AM
so can i expect something the first wk of feb if we pull this trip off..this is gonna b my valentine trip even though its the wk before..
not holding my breath.

For 52 weeks there will be a limited time "celebration"... By limited time, they mean for that week only... So, there may be some sort of "event" going on the week you are there but don't expect anything huge or extremely exciting... You should be finding out what "limited time magic" will be during your trip a week in advance...

Crow
01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
well...hope its not the boy band wk..

potzie
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Well it's 2:24pm ET on Friday and there is no update for next week yet. Has Limited Time Magic ended already or was it such a flop that they already have abandoned it? More likely they can't even commit to maintaining an updated schedule weekly.

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Well it's 2:24pm ET on Friday and there is no update for next week yet. Has Limited Time Magic ended already or was it such a flop that they already have abandoned it? More likely they can't even commit to maintaining an updated schedule weekly.

May have something to do with Mickey ears hats... That's been the chatter on other sites, so don't take that as fact...

Roger's #1 Fan
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Limited Time + Limited Announcements = VERY Limited Appeal :down:

PopPhan
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Can one of the mods put a 'sticky' up that lists the LTM announcements as they come up? That would make it easy for those of us here to keep track...

Thanks!!

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 04:46 PM
It is official: next week's limited time magic is the selling of hats that have been available since November (at the latest and maybe even available before that)...

Wow...

Melanie
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM
It is official: next week's limited time magic is the selling of hats that have been available since November (at the latest and maybe even available before that)...

Wow...

Sigh. And the hats, IMO, are silly.

Of course, I thought that about Vinylmations at one point too. ;)

TinkerbellT421
01-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Wow...

Yep, sad part is they were selling like hot cakes in December, saw so many people wearing them.

Sigh. And the hats, IMO, are silly.

Of course, I thought that about Vinylmations at one point too. ;)

Some of them look like maddi gra-ish and like masquerade-ish. They are silly. The feather ones and stuff annoy me! Lol. And I just can't get into vinylmation, I just can't get into it lol. It looked like there wasn't as much either my last trip...maybe it's me but I just didn't seem to find as many displays and such as there used to be. Think they will have a vinylmation week too? Lol

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or... I'll laugh... Well, the only upside to this is, can things get worse the rest of the year? This is only the 2nd week... 50 more to go!!!!!

Should be the Year of Unlimited Comedy... They can advertise new bathrooms, benches, and dragons the general public will never see!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Can one of the mods put a 'sticky' up that lists the LTM announcements as they come up? That would make it easy for those of us here to keep track...

Thanks!!

This may not be a bad idea... That way anyone who wants to see the list can do so, and the rest of us can continue to discuss how appealing or unappealing the "limited time but not really limited time" magic is...

Crow
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
i don't know whether to laugh or... I'll laugh... Well, the only upside to this is, can things get worse the rest of the year? This is only the 2nd week... 50 more to go!!!!!

Should be the year of unlimited comedy... They can advertise new bathrooms, benches, and dragons the general public will never see!!!!
yea so far so bad...

Melanie
01-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Thanks!!

We are going to do this, but the thread will be in the Theme Parks forum. :magic:

A big, huge thanks in advance to Bobby (DizneyFreak2002) for helping me keep up with this. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 07:07 PM
We are going to do this, but the thread will be in the Theme Parks forum. :magic:

A big, huge thanks in advance to Bobby (DizneyFreak2002) for helping me keep up with this. :thumbsup:

You're welcome and my pleasure!

BTW, as per Disney, the second week kicks off "The Year of the Ear"... So, Mel, I guess we can call Week One "Bling in the New Year" and Week 2 "Year of the Ear"...

PopPhan
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Thank you, Melanie and DF2002!!!! :number1:

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Roger's #1 Fan
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Look at it this way, they didn't want to use up all their great weekly themes up front. :rolleyes:

By giving us minor, almost insignificant magic these first few weeks, the only way to go is UP!

Right? I sure hope I am.... since I'll be in WDW in mid-July, just when LTM should be in full swing. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Look at it this way, they didn't want to use up all their great weekly themes up front. :rolleyes:

By giving us minor, almost insignificant magic these first few weeks, the only way to go is UP!

Right? I sure hope I am.... since I'll be in WDW in mid-July, just when LTM should be in full swing. ;)

Set your sights low with TDO... They will NEVER disappoint that way... LOL...

Figment!
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM

There have been a few reports from Operations Cast that there will be 52 weeks of celebrations shared between Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

According to Operations, there is the Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disneyland and no event at Walt Disney World this week.