PDA

View Full Version : Cribs/Pack N' Play in Resorts

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
My DH and I are traveling to DW next month with our 6 month old for a large family trip staying at Port Orleans. We have my in-laws stay in our room so I want to do everything I can to keep my little guy from waking up a ton in the night so trying to do some research. He is a pretty good sleeper and doesn't seem to be to picky about where he sleeps but that said I really want him to sleep to make it best for everyone.

I was just looking into the crib or pack n' play situtation. In reading a few of the posts I see that the hotels will not guarantee a crib over a pack n' play which I am okay with. But everyone seems to be complaining about the mattress that is provided.

I also see a lot of recommendations for A Baby's Best Friend rentals, and they seem very resonable as far as pricing goes and everyone that has rented seems to be happy with them.

So a few questions I have:
- Does anyone happen to have a picture of the pack n' play they were provided by DW?
- What are your thoughts about renting from ABBF vs. just ordering an additional crib mattress and having it shipped to our hotel to but in the Pack N' Play provided by the hotel?

Thank you for your thoughts

:sleepin:

anneo
10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Out of the 6 times we have requested a pack n' play, we've only gotten it once. I don't have a picture of it, but it's the standard pack n' play you can buy anywhere. They did provide us with a sheet for it.

I've never rented one from anywhere.

Butters
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
We used their pack n play last Feb at POFQ, I would recommend bringing your own sheets, the ones they provided looked very old and stained.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes I do plan to bring my own sheets.

When you say you only got a Pack N' Play once out of the 6 times you requested it, do you mean that the other times you got nothing?

Itchy
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
We have had a pack and play for my grand daughter for 3 trips and we never failed to receive one when requested. We made sure that the request was made when we booked our vacation.

In addition to your own sheets I would take an extra quilt for a little extra padding between the foam mattress and the sheet. As stated before they are the standard pack and plays.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Disney Doll
10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I've never used one, but we generally have one in the closet when we stay at a DVC villa. It's the standard Graco pack n plays that are so popular.

ANG
10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
The ones they've provided me were all the fold up graco type. The mattress pads were super thin. Just bring your own padded sheet and baby will be fine.

Oh and bring some travel lysol type wipes to wipe the railings down.

Gator
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
We've had the pac'n'play twice and we've requested it for our trip next month after Thanksgiving. My travel agent over at Small World Travel said that they often have them in the closet of the resort we're staying at, POFQ. But if it isn't, just call and they'll bring one.

The unit that's there is typical. But bring your own sheets or covers. That's what we do. And another thing that we did. Since the pac'n'play has mesh sides, we would take a large blanket or sheet and cover the whole thing in the mornings while we got ready. It kept the light out and filtered incidental noise that might rouse the baby.

Scrappy2
10-22-2012, 09:32 PM
We have requested a pack/n/play many times and never had a problem receiving one. We did drive so I brought my own extra matress. The one that come with the unit is very thin and hard.