PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Yacht Club?

southerngirl
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone:

We're taking our 2 kids down to the World the first week of January for a little post-Christmas vacation and to celebrate our DD's 1st birthday (hard to believe that she turns 1 on 12/27). We usually stay at the MK area resorts, but the last trip, we stayed at the Swan and loved being right at the back door to Epcot. Now that Disney has announced a room discount for our trip, we're thinking about staying at the Swan our first night but then moving over to either the Yacht or Beach Club. We may also spring for club level, since we're usually in the room quite a bit.

Which one do you prefer? I know that we could use SAB (if the weather is nice) at either of the resorts, which is great, but I'm not counting on that. One of my friends stayed at BC last spring break and said that she thought the rooms were a bit shabby and that YC might be more well-kept. Thoughts?

Thanks very much!

buzznwoodysmom
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
We have stayed at both and I think I slightly prefered Yacht Club. I loved the dark wood, nautical theming in the resort. The Beach Club is great too, light and airy. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If you enjoy being at Epcot's backdoor then Beach Club would be the closest location.

We were at Yacht Club in Aug. and our room was in great condition. I didn't notice anything that looked shabby or in need of replacing. We haven't stayed at Beach Club since 2009, so I don't know what the rooms are looking like these days.

As far as guest areas, aside from the rooms, both resorts looked to be in great shape in Aug. We spent time at both resorts during our stay at YC, and everything looked clean and fresh. They were in the process of painting the exterior of YC, so you may want to see if there will be any type of construction/refurb going on during your trip.

ChipDale2708
10-16-2012, 12:15 PM
We seem to bounce between both resorts, but for convenience, prefer the Beach Club. It's great being able to use the side entrance at the Beach Club for a quick walk to the International Gateway. The Marketplace is also on the BC side. Both resorts seem in excellent condition. We stayed at the YC in May and the BC in May 2011 - both great stays! We're planning on the BC in April 2013!:mickey:

RavsRuleDisney!
10-16-2012, 01:36 PM
like the other posts u can't go wrong with either. We have stayed at Beach twice now and no complaints. whatever u choose ENJOY!!:yay:

BrerGnat
10-16-2012, 02:33 PM
We prefer the Beach Club. It's a shorter walk to Epcot and to the side of Boardwalk where we typically go (ESPN Zone side). I love the beach there with the swings and hammocks, too. YC doesn't have its own beachfront. Beach Club is not shabby at all. In fact, I have found our rooms there to be among the best kept anywhere on property. I found the Boardwalk room I had last year (on CL, nonetheless) to be shabby, though. We always stay CL at BC and like it a lot.

The Yacht Club theme doesn't appeal to us. Similar to the GF, it just feels pretentious (although I know it isn't, it's just how we feel about it). Really, though, you can't go wrong with either.

MNNHFLTX
10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I say Yacht Club for decor/theming and Beach Club for quick access to the International Gateway at Epcot (we stayed in the wing closest to the entrance and we could literally walk out the exit at the end of the wing, over the hill and into Epcot!)

AgentC
10-16-2012, 03:37 PM
They are both lovely. It is more of a personal preference.

As others have mentioned Beach Club is closer to Epcot & the quick serve. Yacht Club is closer to the Dolphin/Swan. I don't find the extra distance from the Yacht Club to Epcot to be very much but I have never been in one of the outlying rooms. Yacht Club rooms (with a few exceptions) have full balconies. BC has many rooms with a standing balcony.

My family which includes a 4 & 6 year old prefer the Yacht Club. I like the darker decor in the lobby and think the rooms are very bright and airy. My kids adore the large globe in the lobby and there is always a cast member there ready to chat.

Either way you should have a great time.

southerngirl
10-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks everyone. I left the choice up to my DH, and he picked the Beach Club, mostly because it is so close to the International Gateway. It'll be nice to get to walk right through the back door of Epcot. I looked at the pictures online, and it looks like our kind of place, so I'm excited!

Lindsey310
10-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Haven't stayed at the yacht club but have stayed at the beach club but that was a while ago (probably 2000) so I can't comment on the decor of the rooms being outdated or in need of updating.

When we did stay there, we loved it and the proximity to the parks and the boardwalk was great. I always got the impression the yacht club was stuffy. Wouldn't be opposed to staying there though. :mickey:

arm00leg
10-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Good choice! We stayed at the Beach Club for the first time our last trip and loved it. You can't beat the location! We had a seven minute walk to Epcot. We are staying there again this year soon, can't wait. You'll enjoy it there, have fun!