PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill Pros and Cons

Airblue1
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Been to a lot of places in Epcot and the Worlds but never the GG. What do you guys think of this character Dinner?
Thanks

tinxmom
10-16-2012, 06:47 AM
It has always been one of our faves - one tht is a must on every trip. Just home from a whirlwind weekend trip and GG was our Sat. dinner. My kids like the "real" food (especially the twenty year old son). The steak was yummy, my kids always eat the fish (which I can rarely get them to do at home), and the turkey was also tasty. SO, for us, food is huge pro. Characters are also great, but my kids are older now, so they like to say hi, but we don't do autographs and they don't linger long at our table, but the characters do try to engage us. So, I would put character interaction as pro also. Only con this trip was the server was harried and rushed (very pleasant, but clearly VERY busy). Brought as much as we wanted as often as we wanted. Oh, one more con would be we hate the part where you have rotated and you are front where all the people are watching you eat! But the Hidden Mickeys are an added pro!

EJS-Houston
10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
The food's very good, the character interaction is fun (even for a party of adults), and the rotating restaurant is fun too. I recommend it!

Tigerinvestigator
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
It is our favorite dining experience at WDW. The food is very good with many ingredients which come from the Land greenhouses. It is also a pretty good variety with usually a Fish, Turkey, and Steak. The Steak is awesome. The character interaction has always been among the best at WDW. In a typical meal you will usually see each character twice. The atmosphere is very good as you can see down into the Living with the Land boatride. Service has always been good as well, and pretty cool how the whole dining area revolves slowly. I would recommend GG to anyone!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll probably be the lone dissenter here. I went there on my last trip because I had a friend tell me it was his family's favorite, and we wanted a good character interaction meal at Epcot.

When we got there, the floor was a mess from someone whose stomach didn't like the constant turning of the restaurant. That's not GG's fault, but it wasn't a good start. The food was just OK - even by Disney standards. I've had better food at all but one of WDW's diners. The character interaction was good, but it always felt crowded in this small restaurant. Finally, the waterfall feature in one of the landscapes makes it very loud. People end up trying to talk over it which makes it louder. I don't mind loud, but at this place it seemed to be too much.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Airblue1
10-16-2012, 12:52 PM
To some this might sound crazy, however we want to try a different place so we are thinking of trading our 'Ohana ressie for a GG. We love Ohana food but my daughter will appreciate the character interaction.
Tough choice in that sense, plus we have never been.

Airblue1
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Just got an email that GG is 41 pp. is that true?
Seems kind of high?

mydisneygirls
10-16-2012, 02:13 PM
If it were me, I would never trade O'Hana for the GG. We ate at GG once and never returned. I'm with Gator....I didn't think much of the food at all. O'Hana's is a thousand times better!!!!!

darthmacho
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Tough choice. I ate at both on my last trip, and I loved them both. I'd give Ohana a slight edge on the food, since I happen to love grilled meats, but the characters and revolving dining room were great entertainment at Garden Grill. I'd consider travel time in your decision. If you're already going to be in Epcot, you could go with GG, but if you are at MK, Ohana might be a better choice. Good luck!

Donald A
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I have also eaten at both Ohana once and Garden Grille 3 times. Personally, I was more impressed with Garden Grille. It is character dining too. The food is not awesome, but I did not think Ohana's was either. Just my opinion. If you have eaten at Ohana's before you might want to make the switch to try something different but everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

gaffz70
10-18-2012, 06:24 AM
GG is one of our favorites for the food and quality character interaction without all of the noise of some of the other character dinner experiences.

We were always seated in a booth which we loved, very private. However last time we were seated on top at a table. Did not enjoy it - it took away from the atmosphere, seemed very diner like.

So I'd you do go, I would request a booth!