PDA

View Full Version : Need 30th birthday gift idea- fun dinner or event?

LEyberg
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
My siste- in-law's birthday is in November, and the entire family is going to Disney in early December. She is OBSESSED with Disney - any ideas for a fun birthday present? Dinner at a fun place? A show? I can spend up to $75-$100. I know a lot of the Dining is probably booked, but feel free to throw out any ideas, including downtown disney! Thanks in advance!:mickey:

ginny57
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Consider spending the evening @ JellyRolls on the Boardwalk....if everyone if 21+....its SO much fun!!!! Let the piano players know you are celebrating a b-day. They'll make a fuss :party:

Gator
10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't know what you would considerer fun. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge is always a lot of fun for dinner. Also, O'hana is a ton of fun - but it's probably already booked up. Hard place to get into. If she wants characters, you could try Cape May Cafe or Chef Mickey's - again, hard to get ressies for. Good luck!

vicster
10-15-2012, 07:11 PM
We've done the Segway Tour at Epcot twice and it's a lot of fun. Would be a great gift!

Lindsey310
10-15-2012, 07:12 PM
How about a backstage tour? Or the tomorrow land terrace dessert party?
Good choices for dinner would be Ohana or we like via napoli. Haven't tried it but I hear teppan edo can be a good time. :mickey:

Have a great time :pixie:

epceddie
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
The Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage from the Contemporary costs about $50. It's a lot of fun. You could also look into renting a poolside cabana for a morning or afternoon at the Contemporary. The two cabanas out by the circular quiet pool are outstanding. That costs about $110 before tax and tip. I think up to six people can be included. Another thing you could look into would be a carriage ride/sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness. Call WDW-PLAY for more info.

BowTie7
10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
How about a pre-ordered photo pass cd (or photo pass plus, if you're doing lots of character meals), a great remembrance of the entire trip. (A bit more than the suggested price, maybe another family member could join you.)
Or you could give her a nice (but empty) photo album for her birthday (before the trip) with a note stating that you will be her official photographer for the trip and then fill the album after the trip is over.

bruin1344
10-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Consider spending the evening @ JellyRolls on the Boardwalk....if everyone if 21+....its SO much fun!!!! Let the piano players know you are celebrating a b-day. They'll make a fuss :party:

I second that.