PDA

View Full Version : This just in - Disney's Web Servers melted down

Disney4
10-15-2012, 01:04 PM
What a surprise!

Even after delaying the sign-up of the Fantasyland preview, Disney still couldn't get it together and support the influx of traffic for AP preview sign-ups! :thedolls: :mad:

Can't even connect to the AP event site now . .

Disney4
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Event Registration

The Annual Pass New Fantasyland preview sign up system is experiencing technical difficulties. The sign up process will continue at 6:00 pm EST. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Poohluv85
10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Can totally sympathize with your frustration. I've been trying to connect since 12 and got no where and now we have to wait until 6 ugh

dnickels
10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
It's been a hoot to follow on facebook. :thedolls: Disappointing on Disney's end to see that even with an extra week to prepare their servers couldn't handle the sign up traffic. On the other side, while I can understand people's frustration, I'm surprised at the hate being spewed (again, on facebook not here).

The actual preview itself is a pretty underwhelming thing when you see what it includes. For the number of 'I took the day off work to sign up' or 'Disney owes me for all the time I spent trying to sign up' type of posts I'm seeing on FB you'd think the preview included unlimited rides on the mine train coaster and gold plated chocolate sundaes at the end or something.

BriarR
10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much for the update. Like everyone else I've been trying since noon with no luck :confused: was wondering if the site died.

BriarR
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Wait! I just got in to register!:thumbsup:

Disney4
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Wait! I just got in to register!:thumbsup:

That text I listed is a direct cut and paste from the event site. 6PM EST :confused:

Disney4
10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
For the number of 'I took the day off work to sign up' or 'Disney owes me for all the time I spent trying to sign up' type of posts I'm seeing on FB you'd think the preview included unlimited rides on the mine train coaster and gold plated chocolate sundaes at the end or something.

Agreed - Other than being totally disappointed in the lack of prep on Disney's side for this sign up, I can't say I am surprised at the server outage.

Considering they already have soft-opened this area how many days now??? It really took the excitement and "Premium" off of the event for APs. I thought it was going to just be a nice add-on to our already planned vacation in early November.

I am especially glad I didn't waste any money on the "Exclusive" merchandise, which will be on clearance, I'm sure, by January...

BriarR
10-15-2012, 02:37 PM
That text I listed is a direct cut and paste from the event site. 6PM EST :confused:
I am not arguing this. You are right,this verbiage is clearly on the passholder preview webpage but I was able to login and register for 11/3 at 12:30 with a confirmation. I sure hope that doesn't get wiped out at 6pm :(

Poohluv85
10-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I just rechecked the site to be sure, and there's no link to register, just the notice that it will be back up at 6pm. I'm sure you guys already know, but just sharing an update :mickey:

Disney4
10-15-2012, 06:28 PM
This is rediculous . . .

How can such a huge company that prides itself in "Delivering the magic" not know how to run a web server???? :thedolls:

10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Actually, they had this problem a couple of weeks ago when we CM's started registering for preview days.

Heard that the initial responses were overwhelming and much more than expected and it took a few days to sort it out. Heard some numbers for the first 2 days of signups and was shocked at the high amount.

Poohluv85
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Just finished registering....and I got through, registered and printed!!!!! :D So excited! Hope everybody got theirs too! :mickey:

VWL Mom
10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm always on the lookout for a part-time job so I subscribe to various email sources. Got one this morning that listed 18 IT openings for Disney, maybe they're getting the hint :D

Disney Hungarian
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
.....Got one this morning that listed 18 IT openings for Disney, maybe they're getting the hint :D
The Disney website has been awful since it started. I'm not an IT guy so I don't know how hard it would be to clean up the mess. But, Disney does need to do something.