PDA

View Full Version : Time to start packing!!

Katzateer
10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Wonder what the weather will be like? Is it still rainy?? I need to tackle the pile of stuff I have been throwing in my suitcase - I am only off work 2 more days before we leave!! One more cup of coffee and I WlLL get organized.

I am hoping to pack light for this trip and do laundry once during the week at AoA.

AgentC
10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Hopefully Chris will come along and give you a real forecast, but I can tell you what I've been seeing. :)

The rain is pretty much gone, though there is a small chance this Friday. Days have been mid 80s by the end of the day but mornings have been in the mid-high 70's.

It is starting to drop into the high 60's a night but by night I mean after midnight.

Really great weather lately. Crossing my fingers that it holds. :thumbsup:

JMTStone
10-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Wonder what the weather will be like? Is it still rainy?? I need to tackle the pile of stuff I have been throwing in my suitcase - I am only off work 2 more days before we leave!! One more cup of coffee and I WlLL get organized.

I am hoping to pack light for this trip and do laundry once during the week at AoA.

I have a picture of me and Kat doing laundry at AoA in my head... of course with a drink in our hands.:marg:

I am bringing 4 T shirts and a hoodie. Capri's, Shorts, and a pair of jeans. Mack (10) will be bringing 8 complete outfits. She gets attacked by Mickey Bars. its not pretty.

And I have to bring a bathing suit because I have to go underwater once to hear the Nemo characters.

BriarRose0708
10-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Just took a look at Chris's weather report myself. Same thing as Cindy said above. There's a blip on the radar a system could come through Saturday (our big EPCOT day) that could dump some rain but she indicates this model is incorrect and I hope she's right! A rain-out would be inconvenient, but it would keep crowds down at F&W Fest!

Dopey's Girl
10-15-2012, 11:18 AM
I started throwing stuff in the suitcase yesterday, but won't really pack until Sunday this week.

I can't believe it's almost here! :cloud9:

Katzateer
10-15-2012, 11:19 AM
And I have to bring a bathing suit because I have to go underwater once to hear the Nemo characters.

Really?? I normally don't put my head underwater- I am more of a hot tub or water aerobics person- but my suit just got packed - just in case I decide to try the pool!:thumbsup:

Katzateer
10-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I started throwing stuff in the suitcase yesterday, but won't really pack until Sunday this week.

I can't believe it's almost here! :cloud9:

On Sunday I am going to parents day at my youngest college and the Philadelphia Ballet so the days are really getting tight before we leave next Weds. And in the last week I changed jobs and went from 12 hours to 32. At least I will have more money to pay for the trip when I get home.:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
On Sunday I am going to parents day at my youngest college and the Philadelphia Ballet so the days are really getting tight before we leave next Weds. And in the last week I changed jobs and went from 12 hours to 32. At least I will have more money to pay for the trip when I get home.:thumbsup:

That's great! More money is always good right?!

I just started my lists. My family makes fun of me, but I need to have a list to keep everything organized! I have a work list, a home list and a packing list. Just stuff I need to remember to do between now and next Thursday!

TikiGoddess
10-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I printed out my packing spreadsheet last night. :blush:

I'm planning on short sleeves, capris, shorts, etc. with a long sleeve jacket available for night time and cold A/C. Oh, and a poncho. We got caught in an extended downpour in Epcot on our summer trip, and I don't think I'll ever set foot in a park again without a poncho. (although it made for a very memorable day!) :)

Must sort my trading pins. Looking forward to getting some new pins for my collection!

Kathy

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking capri's and short sleeves mainly too Kathy. With a WDW and Yeti hoodie for chilly evenings and air conditioned places. I'm a huge freeze baby, so I almost always have a hoodie with me!

Can't beleve we are in the single digits. This time next week I will be "too excited to sleep" and will be obsessing over what I have packed. I'm on a 7 am flight, so I need to be in bed by 9. That should be interesting!

Dsnygirl
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
I printed out my packing spreadsheet last night. :blush:

I'm planning on short sleeves, capris, shorts, etc. with a long sleeve jacket available for night time and cold A/C. Oh, and a poncho.

Kathy

Ditto... suitcase came out last week, started throwing misc non-clothing items in... just today got the clothes settled except for a few things, so excited! :D

Also planning on short sleeves, bringing a few tank type blouses just in case... shorts & capris, one hoodie... one skirt... swim suit for sure (for hitting the hot tubs... :thumbsup: ) and many pair of flip flops. :blush:

One week from right now, I will be too excited to sleep, and so will my DH! :cloud9:

CaptJackSparrow
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
One week from right now, I will be too excited to sleep, and so will my DH! :cloud9:

Aye matey! :pirate:

MelissaW
10-17-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm thinking capri's and short sleeves mainly too Kathy. With a WDW and Yeti hoodie for chilly evenings and air conditioned places. I'm a huge freeze baby, so I almost always have a hoodie with me!

Can't beleve we are in the single digits. This time next week I will be "too excited to sleep" and will be obsessing over what I have packed. I'm on a 7 am flight, so I need to be in bed by 9. That should be interesting!

I took a look at the weather for Orlando (10 day forecast) and it looks great so far. Looks like low 80s and mostly sunny! :mickey: Meg, I can't wait to meet you...I'm from Duluth, MN! But I live in Missouri now. My sister lives in Mpls. - Rosemount to be exact:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I took a look at the weather for Orlando (10 day forecast) and it looks great so far. Looks like low 80s and mostly sunny! :mickey: Meg, I can't wait to meet you...I'm from Duluth, MN! But I live in Missouri now. My sister lives in Mpls. - Rosemount to be exact:thumbsup:

Yeah for Minnesota Girls!!!! Can't wait to meet you too!

Jared
10-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Yikes! You guys are smart. Knowing myself, I probably won't start packing until an hour before I have to leave for the airport!

BriarRose0708
10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Yikes! You guys are smart. Knowing myself, I probably won't start packing until an hour before I have to leave for the airport!

Typical guy :cool:

Even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I have to be all packed up tonight! I'm at a conference Friday til Tuesday morning. I give my last paper at 10:15, conference over at 1, I'm at the airport at 2 and it's wheels up at 4:35!

jennsky
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Starting to pack too! Weather looks like it's going to be perfect! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Buttercup
10-18-2012, 04:24 PM
QUESTION: Who here still has an old-school YELLOW poncho from Disney World?!?! I'm packing mine in case of rain -- I always stick out in a crowd when I wear it! Most people have the clear ones now!

Dopey's Girl
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
QUESTION: Who here still has an old-school YELLOW poncho from Disney World?!?! I'm packing mine in case of rain -- I always stick out in a crowd when I wear it! Most people have the clear ones now!

I still have these ones too! I almost never pack them, but wear them here from time to time when I'm in the rain!

Carol
10-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I still have yellow ones - but I'm an umbrella gal. Don't like the way the ponchos get that sticky feeling. :umbrella:

faline
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I still have yellow ones - but I'm an umbrella gal. Don't like the way the ponchos get that sticky feeling. :umbrella:

Totally agree!!

Dopey's Girl
10-18-2012, 08:42 PM

More than that, I don't like the stink. That plastic smell just grosses me out!

Katzateer
10-18-2012, 09:38 PM

I have some but I don't like to wear it sooo... Hoping for the best and just bringing a small umbrella that I hope doesn't come out the suitcase!:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I have some but I don't like to wear it sooo... Hoping for the best and just bringing a small umbrella that I hope doesn't come out the suitcase!:thumbsup:

I'm optimistic this will be the case....Even if it's just a short Florida shower, that's ok.