PDA

View Full Version : characters at chef mickeys

readytogo2
10-15-2012, 07:41 AM
my DD and her family have a reservation at chef mickeys for the first time recently they took my almost 2yo granddaughter to another theme park and she was really scared could my DD just tell the cm with character they dont want any interaction or sit way in back or cancel reservation ? any thoughts?

Mickey'sGirl
10-15-2012, 08:18 AM
You are paying for the Character interaction there ... the food is just standard fare. I would honestly cancel the reservation and have breakfast elsewhere. If they have a car, breakfast at Olivia's at OKW is a great place to go, and they will certainly be able to get a reservation! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
You are paying for the Character interaction there ... the food is just standard fare. I would honestly cancel the reservation and have breakfast elsewhere. If they have a car, breakfast at Olivia's at OKW is a great place to go, and they will certainly be able to get a reservation! :thumbsup:

:exactly: I concur with Jen. That is an expensive breakfast (for character interaction). Think of it as paying more money for name brand clothes versus no-name brand lol. If their daughter is scared of character interaction currently at her age, it is very loud and a lot of character interaction, no matter where you sit. DBF and I were sat in the back, the interaction was equal to everywhere else. They would be better off getting a cheaper better breakfast else where. :thumbsup:

mom2morgan
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
BUT if they still want to go, you can absolutely just say up front that you don't want any characters to come around to your table, and they won't.

readytogo2
10-15-2012, 11:48 AM
BUT if they still want to go, you can absolutely just say up front that you don't want any characters to come around to your table, and they won't.

thats just it they really want to do this for one of their dinners. i was thinking we were there once when other DD was under weather and we just told them no thanks on characters

Mr.K
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Keep in mind the characters do wander around the restaurant, so even if you tell them not to come to your table, they will come to the table next to you. If you are in a central area, you will get a lot of characters walking by your table whether you want it or not. They do a musical number where everyone is dancing at Chef Mickey's and is choreographed where they go to sing and dance.

If you really want to avoid the characters, cancel and go elsewhere.

Gator
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
If you want to avoid characters, Chef Mickey's is the last place you want to go. You can't avoid the fun the characters bring. I'd go somewhere else if this will be a major problem.

DizneyFreak2002
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Your best bet is to not eat there, save the money, and dine somewhere else that is much cheaper since you don't want the character interaction...

wdwfansince75
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Perhaps professionals know why....but 2 year olds can be very frightened by huge mice, dogs, and chipmonks...go figure! We experienced it several times...best strategy is cancel, and do breakfast elsewhere. Or try them on the face charactersfirst. Bring them back at 4, and usually, the fear is gone!

TinkerbellT421
10-15-2012, 04:07 PM
thats just it they really want to do this for one of their dinners. i was thinking we were there once when other DD was under weather and we just told them no thanks on characters

My understanding with your first post was that their 2 year old was scared of characters in general. There will be no way to avoid them at this restaurant. You can tell the cast member not to bring them to the table. But the tables are very close to each other and they will go to the tables that are within a few feet of you. So if she is scared of seeing them in general, whether interacting directly with her or not, then this restaurant will definitely be a bad idea.

readytogo2
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
ok

DizneyFreak2002
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
How are the taste buds in your group? A suggestion from me... Save the money and put it towards a wonderful, character free dinner at Sanaa.. ask for a table by the windows over looking the savannah... The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is terrific, and the view into the savannah is gorgeous... And the best part? MUCH cheaper than the price you'll pay at Chef Mickey's for bland food...