PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping forgot us.

PETE FROM NYC
10-13-2012, 05:21 PM
We had a split ressie.
A 2 BR for the first 7 nights, then part of the family went home, and we gave up the studio portion. DW and I stayed another 4 nights in the 1 BR .
I should have noticed that our parking pass and room keys were only good for 7 nights at first.All the service we received was towel/ trash on two occasions. No room cleaning or sheet changing at all.
What the H are we paying all these dues and maintenence fees for???

TinkerbellT421
10-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Was your stay done as a split stay? On two different reservations? Because you only receive a full service on night 8.

PETE FROM NYC
10-13-2012, 06:31 PM
We had 1 BR for 11 nights, with the studio for the first 7 nights. Yes we did have two reservation numbers, but we did not move.
It was a comedy of errors on THEIR part. On arrival they gave me a parking pass for just the first 7 days, room keys were just for 7 days. When I noticed this, I had it changed to the full 11 days.
Regardless, they screwed up.

faline
10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Did you call? We were missed when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Jambo house. At first, we were told we were not entitled to cleaning services since we were DVC members. When we persisted, we were put in contact with the appropriate folks who offered to come right away. That was not convenient for us so we made arrangements for them to do the cleaning the next day. True to their word, they did what was promised.

VWL Mom
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Since it was 2 separate reservations you only would be issued keys and parking for ressie #1 (7nights). They allowed you to keep your room for ressie #2 as opposed to making you check out and check back in on day 8, this is not guaranteed even with linked reservations. I would have called mousekeeping and explained you had extended your stay in the 1 bedroom portion and had them for full cleaning.

seanyred
10-13-2012, 08:15 PM
We had 1 BR for 11 nights, with the studio for the first 7 nights. Yes we did have two reservation numbers, but we did not move.
It was a comedy of errors on THEIR part. On arrival they gave me a parking pass for just the first 7 days, room keys were just for 7 days. When I noticed this, I had it changed to the full 11 days.

No not their fault. Read the rules, if it is a split stay then you wouldnt get full service regardless if stayed in same room. We stayed 11 days but it was split within Jambo. We got Trash and Towels once per each room.

TinkerbellT421
10-13-2012, 08:50 PM

They didn't error on the room keys either It was a spilt stay, so simply out of convenience you stayed in the same room. If you wanted the full service, on night 8 you should have called and explained the situation. I'm sure they would have accommodated you.

Aurora
10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
No not their fault. Read the rules, if it is a split stay then you wouldnt get full service regardless if stayed in same room. We stayed 11 days but it was split within Jambo. We got Trash and Towels once per each room.

Not really their fault, and yes they were following the rules, but it's kind of backward. If a guest is entitled to a full cleaning on the 8th day of a single ressie, it's because that same guest is in the same room for 8 days, right?

I get that they were technically switching from a 2-bedroom to a 1-bedroom on two separate ressies, and that it was in the system that way, but they were still in the same room. I don't think the guest should be penalized on cleaning services just because of the way DVC's booking system works. After all, if he had booked as a separate 1-bedroom and studio, he still would have received the full cleaning in the 1-bedroom on the 8th day.

kakn7294
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM
We had a split reservation once and we were told right up front that we would possibly have to change rooms but even if we didn't, when our first reservation ended, we would have to check-out then check back in and be issued new room keycards. I'm actually surprised that you didn't have to do that as well.

VWL Mom
10-14-2012, 06:36 AM
We had a split ressie.
A 2 BR for the first 7 nights, then part of the family went home, and we gave up the studio portion. DW and I stayed another 4 nights in the 1 BR .

After rereading this thread I'm a bit confused. How exactly was this booked? A 2bdrm for 7 nights plus a 1 bdrm for 4 nights OR a 1bdrm for 11 nights and a studio for 7 nights? It doesn't matter whether or not they made you move but how the confirmations read. Either way, I think call to housekeeping would have cleared it up.

DizneyRox
10-14-2012, 09:16 AM
The room would have been fully cleaned at the end of the first reservation in preparation for the next guest. You just happened to be the next guest. It should have been cleaned fully regardless.

You are right, they dropped the ball...

Aurora
10-14-2012, 10:04 AM
The room would have been fully cleaned at the end of the first reservation in preparation for the next guest. You just happened to be the next guest. It should have been cleaned fully regardless.

You said it much better than I did! :thumbsup:

badkitty
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM

I agree. Doesn't matter if it was a split stay or not, if I was in the same room for 11 nights, I would want clean sheets and it seems silly that Disney wouldn't accomodate this request.