PDA

View Full Version : 3 Rapunzels and 1 Merida - LIVE TRIP REPORTING! 10/13-23

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Let the live reporting begin! It is 4:43am, and we're packing the last of our junk in the car.

Kids are screaming, not talking, and dying to get in the car to see if a character has dropped of their presents.

We are almost on time and I'll update from the road.

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 05:20 AM
OMGOSH...I can not believe this is happening. Our minivan is dead. Battery is dead. WE CAN'T LEAVE!:mad:

Trying to find someplace open this early but,nothing opens for probably another 2 HOURS!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 06:05 AM
I can't believe this is happening. It's 6am and I'm sitting on my laptop at home.... YES AT HOME!!!!! Our minivan is dead. Battery is dead. Toast. Nothing.

Nothing opens for another hour and a half. THIS IS SO DISAPPOINTING. We would have already reached Ohio if we left when we should have. My husband wants to crawl under the car and just die! Poor guy has been saying he should replace the battery for the past few months but, never did. At least this didn't happen at some rest area on the way or something. There is that "bright side".

Kids are content to watch Saturday morning cartoons (which by the way is nothing like the Saturday cartoons I grew up with), we're having an oatmeal breakfast and, though I'm really, really trying hard not to, I'm festering about leaving late. Very late.

This is a vacation. This is a vacation. This is a vacation. Expect the unexpected. Expect the unexpected.

My family is safe. We are together. We are on our way to the most magical place on earth. No matter what time we get there, we will be there.

I must keep reading those last few lines over and over to keep perspective.

Donald
10-13-2012, 06:59 AM
In the age of "open 24 hours", THAT is the one thing NOT open! Figures!

Good luck and travel safe! Enjoy your vacation!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Good Morning Sun.... While I should have been saying good morning to you through the windshield somewhere around Dayton, OH by now, I am saying good morning through the window of my home office. sigh.....

Chris left about 5 minutes ago to go to Auto Zone. Purchased the battery online and will hold the door open for the guy who opens the store. They will install the battery and do a quick diagonstic check (whatever that means... eyes glazing over...) with any battery purchase - so the website says.

Hopefully he'll be back by 8am (we are in Cinderella Castle Time Zone) and we will be on our way...

Just a little background on the cast members of this vacation....

My family
DH (Chris) 42
Me (Jennifer) Celebrating the 16th anniversary of my 21st Birthday :thumbsup: during this trip (you do the math)
DD1 (Natalie) 7
DD2 (Isabel) 5

Our BFF's that are coming with us...
Chris (yes the only 2 boys are the daddy's and both are named Chris! - we'll call him CE to tell them appart while reporting)
Mush (nickname for Michelle)
DD1 (Ava) 6
DD2 (Alexa) 18 months

TexasRoni
10-13-2012, 07:39 AM
(((HUGS))) We got a tire blowout 5 hours into our 29 hour drive on our last vacation. 2 hours to get a tow-truck to come put our spare on (our jack failed to work!), 8 more hours to find a place open and that had the right tire for our truck (we were in the middle of nowhere East Texas) and $250 of our vacation spending money spent to fix it all. Basically, a whole day spent wasted in our truck with 4 kids and a very grumpy husband. I feel your pain, but in the end our trip happened and BOY did we appreciate the trip SOOOO much more once we got there!! And of course in hindsight I was grateful we didn't have an accident, etc. when the tire blew out..."Just" a one day delay.

Crossing my fingers that the rest of your trip goes as planned!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:43 AM
I forgot to mention that our friends are at their house napping and waiting for us. We will be pass by their house on the way. They are right off of I-75 about 15 minutes away.

I-75 ALL THE WAY TO THE FL TURNPIKE.

Now, if we could just get a working minivan...

back to reading trip reports to keep the magic on the brain.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:44 AM
In the age of "open 24 hours", THAT is the one thing NOT open! Figures!

Good luck and travel safe! Enjoy your vacation!:mickey:

Thank you! In my anger at the car not starting, I was INFURIATED that Meijers didn't carry any batteries! I remember long ago when they did. :D

RedSoxFan
10-13-2012, 07:46 AM
How awful. I hope you are on your way soon!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:47 AM
(((HUGS))) We got a tire blowout 5 hours into our 29 hour drive on our last vacation. 2 hours to get a tow-truck to come put our spare on (our jack failed to work!), 8 more hours to find a place open and that had the right tire for our truck (we were in the middle of nowhere East Texas) and $250 of our vacation spending money spent to fix it all. Basically, a whole day spent wasted in our truck with 4 kids and a very grumpy husband. I feel your pain, but in the end our trip happened and BOY did we appreciate the trip SOOOO much more once we got there!! And of course in hindsight I was grateful we didn't have an accident, etc. when the tire blew out..."Just" a one day delay.

Crossing my fingers that the rest of your trip goes as planned!

Oh, thank you for sharing your story. I can appreciate that we didn't even make it out of the garage. At least we are at home, warm (its 36 degrees outside at the moment), fed and have indoor plumbing.

I expect (and hope) that the kids will nap in the car since they've been up for almost 4 hours already.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:50 AM
We are stopping in Kenessaw, GA (right outside Atlanta) tonight. We were hoping to be there by dinner but, we probably won't get there until 10pm or so.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Chris is home. I repeat... chris is home.

We are finally leaving!!!!! Bye from home....

tinkerbell04
10-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Good luck! Safe travels!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Hello from the road! We are officially on our way to Disneyworld!

It is 38 degrees and by tomorrow, I will transpose those numbers to at least 83 when we hit wdw property.

DISCLAIMER: I am now using my phone to report and can not be held responsible for my spelling, autocorrect or grammatical errors made by this microscopic fingertip keyboard.

eam
10-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Are your friends following you and coming at the same time, or joining you later at Disney? I'm so glad you are on the road safely, as I was so looking forward to your trip reports starting today. Drive safely, and enjoy!

Also, wasn't there a traffic accident last year in southern Ohio/northern KY that held you up for a couple of hours? So you might be on the same timetable as last year.

Hear from you soon.

Tri Minnie
10-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I am so sorry for your late start. I hope the remainder of your journey down is uneventful. Safe travels!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Are your friends following you and coming at the same time, or joining you later at Disney? I'm so glad you are on the road safely, as I was so looking forward to your trip reports starting today. Drive safely, and enjoy!

Also, wasn't there a traffic accident last year in southern Ohio/northern KY that held you up for a couple of hours? So you might be on the same timetable as last year.

Hear from you soon.

Yes, our friends are following us in their car. We just successfully completed our first rst area stop at mm179 in Ohio.

Last year there was the mega construction that we hit at the KY/OH border every year compunded with tailgaters! So far we have hit 2 construction pockets that slowed us down for a few minutes. More annoying than anything. We are hoping to get to our hotel tonight by 9pm. We really hope we make it that early!

So far all the girls are doing wonderfully... even the 18 month old - even though it apprears that she's sitting on a pile of cheerios and goldfish. She's still smiling and mumbling incoherantly at the dvd player in front of her.

satchel01
10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow what a start! I hope the rest of your journey down goes smoothly with sleeping kids. We'll be leaving shortly for our flight down. I like the idea of live trip reporting via iphone, thanks for that idea :mickey:. I'm off to start my trip report!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow what a start! I hope the rest of your journey down goes smoothly with sleeping kids. We'll be leaving shortly for our flight down. I like the idea of live trip reporting via iphone, thanks for that idea :mickey:. I'm off to start my trip report!

Wow - are you flying over me right now? :D

I'll be watching your thread! Its actually pretty fun reporting in real time. I'm a scrapbppker so, this, along with my disney diary, helps me to scrap our trip, remember moments and reasons for taking a particular picture,etc.

Can't wait to read yours!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 02:18 PM
First time ever that we have not hit construction traffic at the OH/KY boarder. Because of that,we are only 1 hour behind last years time. We stopped at the KY Welcome center and no we're almost to Lexington where we will be having lunch.

Kids are doing great. They are sick of watching movies and have decided on their own to write in their journals and do their math homework. I'm so proud.

Anyways, its 75 degrees, 15 degrees warmer than last year. We've driven 328 miles. Only 400 more to go.

At least tomorrow we only have 400+ miles to go. I estimate that by this time tomorrow, we will be unpacking the cars at our Treehouse Villa!

Now, what's for lunch?

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Well, after the morning you had, and if your husband is driving, I would say a nice glass of wine is due for lunch! (Followed by a second, and then a nap!)

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah for making good time! What a frustrating morning you had!

But all that is in the past, and now you are headed to see Mickey!

Have a great trip!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 06:24 PM
About a quarter of the way thru Tennessee.
Stopped in lexington, KYfor late lunch about 3:30

Still 4 hours from kennessaw by my estimates. I really hope we make it to the hotle around 9pm.

My phone is about to die. Apparently all the other electronics in the car take president over my phone. And my dh wonders why the car battery went dead.......:secret:

faline
10-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Well that was a frustrating start to your trip but it appears to have all worked out well!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 08:33 PM
We just crossed the Georgia border. 78 miles to the hotel.

We have all decided to just tough it out and get there. We'll think about dinner when we arrive. It'll be more like a late night snack. Well, that's what taco bell or white castle is for right? :D

On another note, I]ot an email reminder for our ADR for Chef Mickeys tomorrow at 6:45. Just makes the driving so much more a MISSION.

Aurora
10-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Just found your report! Kind of glad I didn't see it right away because I would have TOTALLY lived your frustration with you (and no one in my home would have understood what the heck was wrong with me :laughing:)!

Glad you are really on your way now and looking forward to the rest of your trip! This is so much fun keeping up with you in almost real time!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
So, we are at the garden inn hilton hotel. Dads are making a mcd's run and all girls are showered and jumping on the bed in pjs.

I just want to get there already but, off to take pics of these little moments that I want to remember for as long as I have my wits about me.

We pulled up at 9:57pm. It is now 10:56pm... cinderella castle time zone.:thumbsup:

Tomorrow we aim to leave around 7am. Arrive at the carriage house in SSR to pick up our online checkin packet and walk into our TreeHome Villa!

Can't wait to here... WELCOME HOME!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2012, 08:22 AM
We are on the road... mcd's biscuts, starbucks coffees... should be good truckin' today.

The plan was to leave by 7am. Eah, what can you do when there's a toddler in tow. But, kids are happy even though they only had about 6 hours of sleep. I'm hoping they nap but, I'm ready for some excitement in the care. It is our arrival day after all!

Tons of cops on the road this am in ATL...

Back to nursing my salted caramel mocha...

Aurora
10-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Glad you're on the road again. Stay safe!

arbie_c
10-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Have a wonderful trip. So sorry for your delay but you were right. At least if it had to happen you were still in your own home & safe. Safe travels & hopefully that will be the only hiccup for your vacation. Keep the updates coming & have a magical vacation!

Laura

ftwildernesskid
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Loving the live reports! We can all vacation vicariously through you! Have a great trip!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2012, 12:56 PM
We are in FLORIDA! We crossed the state line at 12:06. We stayed a bit, took pics and had our OJ.

We will probably lunch in gainsville as quickly as we can. Hoping to make it to Treehouses between 3-4pm.

In the home stretch..... the excitement is building in the car. You can measure the excitement by the volume level in which the kids are talking to each other.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Holy smokes.... we are going. Etween 80-85 to keep up with flow of traffic. We are being pushed out of the way. Even trucks hauling stuff is going this fast. To do anything under 75 mph is suicide.

faline
10-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Just arrive safely!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2012, 02:58 PM
We are gassing up at the FL Turnpike service center. 42 miles until we reach our magical place! My girls are on the lookout for purple mickey signs because that means we have arrived! It is 91 degrees!

We're hoping for a swim befor chef mickeys for dinner!

I'm so excited I can't even tell if I'm hitting the right keys on the phone keyboard.

faline
10-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Getting closer!!

Tri Minnie
10-14-2012, 03:25 PM
You are almost there! Have a wonderful dinner with Mickey and company.

Aurora
10-14-2012, 04:20 PM
So excited for you! Have fun at Chef Mickey's! :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
10-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Wow as I'm reading this I'm getting nervous and excited for you! Love it!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Too much to type but, I'm so exhausted. I love e erything so far and taking tons of notes. Just can't type it all.

TTreehouse equals awesome. :thumbsup:

More later when I have my cup of coffee be for EPCOT!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-15-2012, 08:41 AM
We are on our way to EPCOT. Just passing through the parking gates. We are only 40 minutes later than we wanted but, still here befor park open.

Pretty good for 8 people w/ 4 under 8 years old!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Little game for all you 80's music lovers...

I'm all out of love... I'm so lost without you...

Where in the World am I?

Sorry, I lost my phone this afternoon and obviously couldn't update. But, we are here. Where is here?

KylesMom
10-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Eat to the Beat in Epcot - AIR SUPPLY! Need one of these for that! :beer:

Aurora
10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Sorry, I lost my phone this afternoon and obviously couldn't update.

Oh no!!

Need.....

more......

updates......

:faint:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
We are currently in dhs. I am sitting in my car watching frankenstein meets the space monster.

Where am I?

We have already done star tours 3 times. Muppets 3d, honey I shrunk the kids playground. We have TSM FPs for 11:05 v 12:05. Will we make it?

One note, there is now a photopass person at star tours. YES! Forgot to mention we have photopass plus. Already paid for itself

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Eat to the Beat in Epcot - AIR SUPPLY! Need one of these for that! :beer:

I was already 3 dinks to the wind by then....
:D
My dh was having prom flashbacks

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I'll have to save my EPCOT details for the detailed trip report but, I finally got a f&wf passport and ate my way around the world.

Love, love,love the lobster roll. I could eat this all day long. Oh, wait, I did.:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I have just ate the best sandwich to touch my lips. OMGOSH

Aurora
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I have just ate the best sandwich to touch my lips. OMGOSH

Don't leave us in suspense! What was it????

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Salmon blt sandwich on french bread. The bread was unparellel to any other bread. It was gigantic and I ordered it at the sugestion of 2 servers. SCI FI WAS OUR MOST MEMORABLE MEAL YET!

Btw... milkshakes are included as the drink for dining plan. I didn't know this.

Took photopass magic shot w/ darth vader!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm a Disney crier. I usually cry at fireworks, parades... today I cried in the wierdest place. Voyage of the little mermaid. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY!?!?!

I didn't cry during our AWESOME VIEW OF ILLUMINATIONS. I didn't cry when we went under the welcome sign. I just don't get it.

We are on our way back to watch Fantasmic. We haven't watched this in 3 years!

I think we're getting som bbq pork hot dogs for dinner....

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Just finished a pork bbq hot dog w/ coleslaw. Clicking the LIKE button

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Off to Fantasmic. Haven't seen this in 4 years. Low crowds... nightly shows have really helped!

Aurora
10-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Salmon blt sandwich on french bread. The bread was unparellel to any other bread. It was gigantic and I ordered it at the sugestion of 2 servers.

Yum!! Sounds delish! :eat:

I'm a Disney crier. I usually cry at fireworks, parades... today I cried in the wierdest place. Voyage of the little mermaid. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY!?!?!

I didn't cry during our AWESOME VIEW OF ILLUMINATIONS. I didn't cry when we went under the welcome sign. I just don't get it.

Maybe because it hadn't gotten its turn yet? :laughing:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I cried AGAIN during Fantasmic. At thr end when Sorcerer Mickey shoots off the fireworks, my ydd was screaming and clapping waving her light saber in the air. I think that's when it happened... the magic in the form of tears. An overwhelming feeling of happiness that I only feel during special times. Where my eyes betray me, my heart flutters and I hug my kids a little tighter, lean into my husband a little closer, wish a little harder for this feeling to never end.

I love this place made by a man who wanted a place to have fun with his girls and had the dream enough times to build it for us.

I'm on my way to dtd just me and michele to do some emotional mommy shopping.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Off to AKL... I have a date with a yeti.

DisneyorBust
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Enjoying the live reporting! Looking forward to meeting up with the Yeti next month. Can't wait.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Natalie's tooth just fell out! Isn't there some tooth fairy card or something that the resort has??????

Does Tink do teeth?

Anyone out there know???

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Just had my pic taken for my birthday breakfast at ohana. Just chris and I this morning since the egg vapor in the air is Isabel Kryptonite.

We had a wonderful night in the treehouse after animal kingdom last night. Musch needed rest and downtime.

Oh, my food pager is going off.... I LOVE OHANA!!!!

Our first Disney meal on our honeymoon

Dopey's Girl
10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Just had my pic taken for my birthday breakfast at ohana. Just chris and I this morning since the egg vapor in the air is Isabel Kryptonite.

We had a wonderful night in the treehouse after animal kingdom last night. Musch needed rest and downtime.

Oh, my food pager is going off.... I LOVE OHANA!!!!

Our first Disney meal on our honeymoon

MMM...Have a great breakfast!

TiggeRia
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Mmm...O'hana is my favorite breakfast. Have a few extra potatoes and some of that delicious juice for me!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Mmm...O'hana is my favorite breakfast. Have a few extra potatoes and some of that delicious juice for me!!

I think I had enough juice and potatoes for all Intercotees.

I'm sure I'm nearing the weight limit for elevators. :D

Just exploring the Poly and spending some of my hard earned money.

Today we will be doing BBB in DTD and MNSSHP. I can not wait! I mean the kids are doing BBB. (I will be trying to get some mommy pixie dust. Even mommies need some dust bling too) :blush:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 09:20 AM
So, while I'm waiting for my bff's to get here with all the kids so we can switch and they can make it to thie ohana breakfast, I am reflecting on our AK day. Had 2 cry moments... at finding nemo musical and fest of the lion king.

I'm such an emotional wreck. :cloud9:

Aurora
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Ooooh, I want to hear your review of MNSSHP this year! And yes, moms need pixie dust the most! :pixie:

eam
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
As you stated earlier, I always choke up at FOTLK. It's so emotional and powerful.

And, by the way, HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!

MrPeetrie
10-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Jennifer_and_Chris, I am getting nevous for you just reading your first few posts. I hope things go well. I will keep reading your updates. Good luck!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Back at Treehouses. The treehouse pool is like bathwater. Soooo wsrm. While it may not be the zero entry, with slide like at the main poole, it is so private. Sign says no more than 12 people in the pool at any time. We have never seen more than 2 families. We are getting ready to swim now. Then off to dtd for our 2pm BBB appt.

And this is where we transform into our trip name... 3 rapunzels and 1 merida.

Oh, i'm freakin out for MNSSHP!

Tonight is the first of 3 MK days.

MrPeetrie
10-18-2012, 11:26 AM
We are gassing up at the FL Turnpike service center. 42 miles until we reach our magical place! My girls are on the lookout for purple mickey signs because that means we have arrived! It is 91 degrees!

We're hoping for a swim befor chef mickeys for dinner!

I'm so excited I can't even tell if I'm hitting the right keys on the phone keyboard.

Your updates are building such excitement. Can't wait to keep reading.. (It's almost like we're going with you.)

MrPeetrie
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I cried AGAIN during Fantasmic. At thr end when Sorcerer Mickey shoots off the fireworks, my ydd was screaming and clapping waving her light saber in the air. I think that's when it happened... the magic in the form of tears. An overwhelming feeling of happiness that I only feel during special times. Where my eyes betray me, my heart flutters and I hug my kids a little tighter, lean into my husband a little closer, wish a little harder for this feeling to never end.

I love this place made by a man who wanted a place to have fun with his girls and had the dream enough times to build it for us.

I'm on my way to dtd just me and michele to do some emotional mommy shopping.

I'm tearing up, too, and I'm a grown man!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Waiting for the bus for MNSSHP. Just finished BBB. WHAT FUN!

It is such a hot day. At the moment a tank top is too hot.

faline
10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Glad you're having such a wonderful time!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
HOLY SMOKES! MNSSHP is a crowded mess. I do not remember it like this at all. Maybe after the fireworks, it will get better. I just can't believe how crazy it is!

We had dinner at CRT. More about that later...

Have done a few treat stations, carousel, IASW, HM, Phillharmagic and now we are waiting for fireworks to begin in 12 minutes:cool:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 10:09 PM
SURPRISE. I cried during the last few minutes of HalloWishes. So, sue me.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-18-2012, 10:14 PM
If another grown person hits my stroller with sleeping child, disney will have a new villian. :thedolls:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Boy did we have a late night. It was 1:30 before we got home. By the time I went to bed, it was 2:30. Its about 10:00am and the house is just starting to come alive again. Plan today is to swim in the morning and then MK for the rest of the day. Just the 4 of us have have ressies for 1900 park fare tonight. We are on a mission to get rapuzel's autograph, ride as many things as we possibly can. If the kids are ok enough, we will do wishes and electrical parade today.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Just a note....

Last time I checked park hours online was 10-9. The park times guide at checkin had the hours changed. Friday and sat hours increased for all parks. I can tell the increase in park crowd levels for sure.

At least we have untill 11pm for the nect 2 days which we only thought we had until 9. :thumbsup:

sonamae80
10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm absolutely loving these live trip reports! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! As I read, I can literally "feel" your emotions! And the one on how you felt after Fantasmic, GOODNESS! You might as well hand me the whole box of tissues because I know that very feeling all too well!

Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

faline
10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
The party must have been pretty crowded!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Finally on the bus to mk. We hope to have at least 2 rides before having to leave for 1900.

WE WILL NEVER DO DINING PLAN AGAIN. It seems that just when we are having fun, we have to stop and eat.. taking 3 hours out of our day. The only dining plan that I will ever agree to again is the quick service. My touring time is more valuable to me than this stinkin dining plan that I feel slave to.

This is our 2nd time doing the plan, and I should have listened to the lesson that we learned the first time ubt, I figured we'd give it another chance. Well, after the old collegetry, I can definitely say its not for our family.

Wow, that was a tangent that I didn't think I was going to go down but, this bus ride is proving to be very long.

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I totally agree on the dining plan...it's too much food and time out of the parks for me. I have the TIW card and love that!

So jealous you are on the bus!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Just finished dinner at 1900 and listening to the band in the grand lobby. Very classy. Everytime I come to thr GF I feel so under dressed even though everyone else is dressed like me.

I can only see myself staying here minus kids for a long weekend or something.

faline
10-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Love listening to the band at the Grand Floridian!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Sitting in the HUB craziness. It is so crowded. I don't think I've ever been here this crowded. I feel like its a major holiday. And its so hot. Still hot air w/ no wind. Ugh. I love coming in october but, if this is the trend to norm, I'll have to find another favorite week to visit.

But, nevertheless, I am here sitting criss cross applesauce on a sidewalk hereing the noises that makes this main street. Just finished my 2nd dole whip of the trip.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
This crowd is on par with hiloday fireworks. NEVER AGAIN.

We are waiting for fireworks and the crowd is stifling. I have very detailed notes about this for my trip report.

Wow.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Waiting at the bus for our last day. Not last day at MK. Our last day period. Done.

Now I really feel like crying.

MrPeetrie
10-20-2012, 09:59 AM
i am sad for you.

Tri Minnie
10-20-2012, 10:58 AM
It seems like you just got there. Hopefully, you have a magical last day!

Aurora
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I can't believe this is your last day. Hope you get to do everything you want today!

I'm really looking forward to reading all the details of your vacation when you return! It's been fun following along with you.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, we are sitting at ohana waiting for dinner to begin. Lapulapus are on the way. We are hot, sweaty, thirsty and hungry.

But, we are happy. So much to talk about...

Oh, lapu lapus are here

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Ohana's is better than I remember. WONDERFUL service and the food was ON POINT tonight. Steak was tender and done medium well just as I asked for and the shrimp... oh the shrimp ... was just spectacular. They were so succulant, not dry like 3 years ago.

I have detailed notes on this on for sure!

MrPeetrie
10-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful vacation.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Just checked out and left the Carriage House at SSR. Depression setting in.

Going to DTD for final counter service meal of the vacation.

My ydd just said goodbye to the bus stop as we passed.

Depression settled in.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-21-2012, 12:33 PM
While chris and natalie are in Goodings getting some snacks and a case of water, isabel is snoozing in her carseat while I am left with my thoughts.

I'm happy, sad, exhausted, ready to get home but not wanting to leave.

I think I cried a million times, last night during wishes from our prime window seat at ohana's was the hardest. What a birthday dinner.

I haven't had the time yet to really process everything. I have an 18 hour ride to do that. Our friends that came along this trip are already talking about next year, when we'll go, where we'll stay and what we'll do/ don't do. So many lessons learned this trip and I'll make sure to write that detail down for the detailed report that I'll be typing up on the way home.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-21-2012, 04:50 PM
We haven't even left yet. Just pulled out of SSR. We are just passing dtd on our way to fill up at the HESS station.

I have the details but today was just a nightmare. Seriosly spoiled our fun. Its like we finally made peace with leaving and then a series of check out/ dining plan issues gone ver,very wrong. So frustrated with it all.

And now, the hess station is four cars deep per row. This totally id the opposite of magical.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, we just crossed the georgia state line. Whiles its only 8:30, it feels like 2:00am.

We are currently on a starbucks mission. Hoping the starbucks app is up to date and we will soon pull up to the valdosta, ga starbucks. Like a beacon in the night, that green sign pulls me.

Tri Minnie
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I am sorry your departure day has been less than magical. Safe travels for the rest of your trip home.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Bad day already forgotten. We are discussing next year's trip via walkie talkie already. We are all buzzing from the coffees .. of course I mean parents only. :D

So, crowd levels were at an all time high during the end of the week. As I spent alot of time today with the SSR management, during small talk, I learned that this was the first October that SSR was at almost 100% capacity for the entire month. Today alone, they had to process over 400 checkouts and 300+ checkins. SSR never feels packed but, from the bus loads, I believe it

Also, talking to others in line, MNSSHP was sold out on Thurs. NO WONDER IT WAS A MESS! Nothing like what we experienced in 2009 the same date.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Seriously? I just saw a bilboard that read..

Strippers! Easy access in rear for truckers. :sick:

WHAT??? I'm glad my odd was sleeping because she can read those billboards fast now!

MrPeetrie
10-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Jennifer_and_Chris, aside from the departure day, it sounded like you had a magical bacation have a safe trip home.

Regarding crowds levels, we went this exact time last year and expierienced the same thing: very heavy crowds, especially on the weekends. This year, we went one month earlier (9/20-9/30) and crowds were much more manageable.

Be safe. Can't wait to hear the detailed report.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, we stopped at rest area at mile marker 308 at about 1:45am. Just woke up at about 5:45am. Trying to get situated before heading back on the open road.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Stopped at McD's for late breakfast and Natalie puked all over as we were pulling in. So, what was a quick stop for food became an almost 1 hour mess to clean up.

She's not sick just got a little car sick w/ an empty stomach.

We are still about 8 hours away - just crossed the kentucky boarder. When will we ever get home?

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Just crossed into ohio. Stopped at the welcome center for natalie is pretty car sick. Luckily they had some vernors and it seems to be helping. We are stopping for some mcd's, gas and hopfully not have to stop again. We are about 4 hrs away.....

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
We had to stop one exit down from the rest area because natalie puked her brains out all over the car. It was about an hour cleanup delay. We are currently at mm 74 and have about another 2 hours to the Michigan border.

It feels like someone doesn't want us to get home. A true test of faith. I'm dirty, tired, w/ sick child and we've been in the car for over 24 hours. I'm just thankful that this wasn't the case on the way there.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Btw... during our emergency pit stop, we pulled over at a cvs parking lot right off I75. We got cvs nausea relief medicine and it seems to have helped her stomach. She is snoozing in the back exhausted from puking no doubt...

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
We just crossed the Michigan boarder. We are about an hour away from hot showers and OUR OWN BEDS!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-22-2012, 08:16 PM
We are finally in Detroit. Just passing Ford field and admiring the downtown skyline. We will be home in about 15-20 minutes.

Thanks for following along with me and my disney touring antics. I will have a detailed report soon and I promise to use a real keyboard with spellcheck and everything.

In the words of my favorite vacation destination, 'Welcome Home'. :mickey:

Tri Minnie
10-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Hurray for being home after a long drive. Thank you for letting us be a part of your trip as it unfolded.

Aurora
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow -- what a road trip! Glad you finally made it. Good thing the Bears-Lions game wasn't in Detroit!

MrPeetrie
10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Jennifer_and_Chris, I enjoyed the journey you let us take with you. Thanks for keeping us posted. It was like we were there.