PDA

View Full Version : Ice Skating at Downtown Disney

tinkwest
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
from the Disney Parks blog

:tink:

Tinker Bell and her pixie sister, Periwinkle, will soon bring a whole new experience to the Disneyland Resort. A new ice skating rink at the Downtown Disney District will allow guests to skate right into the world of Tinker Bell to celebrate the October 23 release of Disney “Secret of the Wings”! The new ice rink will soon begin limited operation, with a grand opening to follow on October 23.

This magical ice skating rink will be located between AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone, and will invite guests of all ages to glide along to special music and lighting effects. Skates will be available for rent, and helmets will be provided and required for each skater’s safety.

And starting November 12, a special holiday village will surround the rink, with themed chalets where guests can purchase seasonal foods and merchandise. Come stretch your wings and your skating legs at the new “Secret of the Wings” ice skating rink this fall and during the holiday season at the Downtown Disney District!

tinkwest
10-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I remember the days when they used to have the ice skating rink at the Disneyland Hotel during the holidays. It was very magical to see Mickey and Minnie out on the ice with the guests.

Disney4us2
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
I saw that as well. Don't know if Jessica would actually skate with a helmet. She is a skater and not used to wearing a helmet. I can see the value and point though on Disney property. Protect the mellon.