PDA

View Full Version : Jan or late March Cruise

Dr. Disney
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
With the Kids cruise free deal going, I think we are ready to finally book our first cruise. I am looking at either January (during our anniversary) or late Feb cruise (return the day of my birthday). The cruise docks at Galveston for the Caribbean itinerary (Cayman Islands and Cozumel). Does anyone know how the weather is Mid January or late February? With only a 6 week difference between cruise dates (Jan 11th, Feb 23rd), is here really all that big of a weather difference?

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

Also, would you see it worth it to upgrade from ocean view to veranda for $400? (9C to 5C)

Ed
10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
We did the Western out of Port Canaveral in early February '09. The weather was quite comfortable - - T-shirts/shorts were uniform of the day in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Water temps were in the upper 70's/low 80's.

Personally, yes - - I would definitely spring for the extra $400 for a verandah. It's really nice being able to sit out there with a nice cup of coffee or "adult beverage" with the sea air, or to leave the door open at night for the fresh air and sea sounds.

Dr. Disney
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Ed.. I appreciate your input! If the weather is in the 70s, I definitely would feel comfy on that veranda. Leaning toward the January 12th date sailing out of Galveston.. to save money, we will probably be driving from Milwaukee.. so that part will be a little rough :D

JMTStone
10-13-2012, 11:17 AM
The weather will almost be exactly the same.... and GO FOR THE VERANDA. Its worth it. There have been many a night where my husband and I ended the day while the girls slept peacefully on the other side of the glass.

In addition, the verandah gives a place for my husband to drink his coffee in peace while 3 girls 10, 20, and 43 are getting ready.

DisneyFr33k
10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
We've gone on 2 late January/early February. It is a wonderful time of year to go!! No worries of hurricanes and very nice weather! I'd go that time of year again! :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
10-14-2012, 02:45 PM
This year we sailed the dream out of port canaveral and left on 2/26. Weather was a little chilly that day leaving port (rainy, around 60 degrees) but as soon as we crossed over into the Bahamas it was beautiful weather in the 80's.

BOOK THE VERANDAH!!!! Thank me later.
DH and I loved hanging on there and it was really nice to sit out in the early morning when it was getting ready to dock and late afternoon. We will never go on another cruise without booking category 5A! :thumbsup: