PDA

View Full Version : Bus&Food Service at French Quarter

Gator
10-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Only 47 days until we're there! Wanted to get a few more opinions and ideas before we get there.

What's the bus service like there? Is it like other moderates where you go to one bus stop and wait for your bus, or is it like AKL and the AllStars where each bus has a specific spot for each park bus? And what's the ride time like. It's been 10 years since we stayed at POR - it seems to me like the bus rides from there were longer than other moderates.

How's the food at the food court? I read that they serve beniegts (sp?) there. I haven't had some of those since a real French Quarter trip 25 years ago. How's the rest of the food?

EeyoresBestFriend
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
There are only 2 stops at FQ. One for Magic Kingdom and Epcot(?) and all the other buses are at the other stop. They are about 20 feet apart. We found most buses showed up just before the hour and then about every 20 minutes. Except the one you want, that day, which is always pulling away as you get in sight of the bus stop and doesn't show up again for another 45 minutes! :D Kidding . . . . but it sure feels that way. . . .

Food is good, not as extensive as Riverside's food court, but we have never had any issues with it. We pop down to Riverside if we want a change of pace. Beignets are good, but very different from the ones in New Orleans. The WDW ones are crisp and hollow with a tonne of icing sugar on them. The ones we had in Louisianna were more solid.

Have fun!

mc mouse
10-12-2012, 07:12 PM
All buses stop at FQ. However, the MK bus stops at FQ only and then proceeds directly to MK. All other buses to EPCOT, HS, and AK stop at FQ first, and then proceed to all the Riverside bus stops before proceeding to the park.

Food at the court is OK....the beinets are delicious however!

taleasoldastime
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I really enjoyed their shrimp po boy. Im a shrimp fanatic :D

Melanie
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Don't look up (in the food court, that is!). :D

Briansmom
10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Bus service was pretty good when we were there a month ago....(sigh, still having major withdrawal :pout:) We only had one issue when the bus to AK got lost on it's way to the resort.....we waited almost an hour. They had to call another bus...BUT that is the exception, not the rule. Most of the time, when they pick up at POFQ, you go straight onto the park. Sometimes (like when you are late for an ADR, ugh), they go to POR to pick up at every last one of the stops there. But it is nice that POFQ is the first stop on the way back to the resort. (except from DTD).

As far as the food, we enjoy the food court at POFQ. We don't have any issues finding something to eat whenever we do eat there. The beignets are good....one order of 3 counts as a snack credit, so we usually share an order. As a PP stated, the food court at POR is good as well and we hop on the boat and go eat there and enjoy Ol' Man River Pool on one of our down days.

Have fun at our home away from home! We LOVE POFQ! :cloud9:

Dopey's Girl
10-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Don't look up (in the food court, that is!). :D

My thoughts exactly. Just thinking about that food court gives me the willies!

Buses at POFQ only have one stop, with two sections. Most times (maybe not at peak times of year) are shared with POR.

Gator
10-13-2012, 01:16 AM
There are only 2 stops at FQ. One for Magic Kingdom and Epcot(?) and all the other buses are at the other stop. They are about 20 feet apart. We found most buses showed up just before the hour and then about every 20 minutes. Except the one you want, that day, which is always pulling away as you get in sight of the bus stop and doesn't show up again for another 45 minutes! :D Kidding . . . . but it sure feels that way. . . .

You're not kidding. That's the way it is at all the resorts. Luck always has your bus pulling away just as you get there. And by the time the next one pulls up, there's 60 people waiting to get on and racing to the door. Don't they know that WDW is just for me? ;)