disneynarula
10-12-2012, 05:02 AM
The Cast...
DH
DS 8
DS 6
DD 2
Myself
Other misc. grandmothers that will join us during different points during the week.

Backstory...
Our family of five is taking a trip to Orlando after living in Germany for 3.5 years.

Day One...
Up at 6 to get last minute packing done. We had to leave the house at 9 to drop the van off at a repair place so it can get fixed while we are on vacation. DH and his coworker take care of the drop off while I chase three kids around DH's place of work. Eventually we get everyone and everything loaded into the van and a driver from work takes us to the airport. After we count all our bags on the curb at the airport we realize that the car seats are in the van that just drove away. We call the driver and he comes back with the car seats.

We get through bag check and passport control and are at our gate two hours before our flight. DD is already melting down. I know everyone at the gate is praying that they are not sitting next to us.

Flying time from Franfurt to Orlando is 10 very long hours. DH and DSs are two rows ahead of DD and myself. Everything seems to be going well for them although I here a few screams about DH eating some of DS6's pretzels while he took a cat nap.

DD is a nightmare. She alternates between whining and crying the whole flight. All the books I uploaded to my Kindle the night before are unread. I finally find a Playhouse Disney show on the in flight entertainment system but she only wants to watch the Mickey parts so I rewind the show over and over so she can watch the 20 minute segment 10 times.

We finally arrive in Orlando, go through border control and claim our luggage. After customs we have to give up the luggage again so it can be sent to the main terminal. We claim our bags again and find my mother who has been at the airport for two hours waiting for us. Her flight came in half an hour before ours.

We get the rental car and drive to our condo at Windsor Hills with a brief stop at Chick Fil A . I enjoy my much missed chicken sandwich.

We get to Windsor Hills. Everything is as promised. It is pretty dark as we drive in. I can't comment on the resort itself but our unit seems nice.

We put the kids to bed and then collapsed in a stupor on the coaches. I finally drag myself to bed but now I am up at 4 because my body thinks it is 10 in the morning. I also forgot my toothbrush. Of course I remembered everyone else's .

More to come tomorrow when we celebrate DSs 6th bithday at Downtown Disney. His birthday was Tuesday but we floated it to Friday.

yjgirl32
10-12-2012, 08:41 AM
sounds like an exhausting day. Thanks for sharing.

faline
10-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Too bad your flight was so exhausting!! Hopefully, with some sleep, you are recharged and ready to start your vacation fun!

KylesMom
10-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Welcome home - after a very long, tiring and hectic travel day! Hoping that your body clock adjust quickly. Looking forward to reading about your family's trip! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
10-19-2012, 07:48 AM
What a day! At least now you are in WDW! Hopefully, your body will quickly adjust to the time changes and let the fun begin.

pdrlkr
10-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
10-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks so much for reporting! I definitely feel your pain with having a 2 year old on a plain. We did that this summer and it was just... well, you know.

emerzmom
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM
This sounds like an exhausting day. I am looking forward to reading about your trip!
:tink:
Julie