PDA

View Full Version : Bus Schedule LCD Screens

kakn7294
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I read today (and saw photos) on another Disney-related site that they have installed LCD screens at the bus stop at the Grand Floridian. These screens list the expected arrival times of the next buses to the parks, water parks, and DTD. Hopefully these are eventually coming to all of the resorts and maybe even to the parks.

faline
10-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Interesting. Many urban transportation systems are using such updates. Perhaps they'll send information to phones instead of installing screens everywhere??

Melanie
10-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Nice! I like this a lot and glad to see Disney getting with the times.

magicofdisney
10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I would love to see this at the parks. It can be beyond frustrating to be waiting for a bus while the stop next door has 2-3 busses show up before yours. At least if we knew an estimated time, it would make it that less painful.

Quadstriker
10-12-2012, 03:30 PM
That's a welcome addition, and I love the idea of pushing the info to a smartphone app.

VWL Mom
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I like this idea a lot, hopefully it work help alleviate some of the bus issues.

disneymom15
10-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I really like that idea.

Aurora
10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Wow. It's officially public transportation now. :laughing:

Nascfan
10-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Ok, that's just cool! I hope they install these at all the resorts and parks. I do NOT, however, want or hope they do it for smartphones. Not everyone has smartphones and even if they do, a large number don't take them to the parks. I'd much rather see everyone be able to see the wait times rather than a select number.

kakn7294
10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I actually would like it for the official smartphone apps as long as the screens were installed at the bus stops too. For those of us who do have smartphones, it would be great to know if you should run after that bus that's coming in or if you have a few minutes more to take your time before you ever leave your room.

Nascfan
10-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I actually would like it for the official smartphone apps as long as the screens were installed at the bus stops too. For those of us who do have smartphones, it would be great to know if you should run after that bus that's coming in or if you have a few minutes more to take your time before you ever leave your room.

I'd be cool with that, as long as they do both. I just don't want them to only do it for smartphones, which is what I was trying to get at....and not very well, I might add.

Simba's Mom
10-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I love this idea!

dpamac
10-14-2012, 06:28 PM
This way at AKL and WL you'll know how long you'll be sad before the EPCOT bus comes but 12 Animal Kingdom buses come and go.

kakn7294
10-15-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd be cool with that, as long as they do both. I just don't want them to only do it for smartphones, which is what I was trying to get at....and not very well, I might add.

I knew what you meant.

PopPhan
10-16-2012, 07:54 AM
This way at AKL and WL you'll know how long you'll be sad before the EPCOT bus comes but 12 Animal Kingdom buses come and go.

Gary, I think that is a WDW corollary to Murphy's Law -- Whatever your destination, you will always see 2 - 5 buses for every other destination before one comes for your destination.

I have seen this, primarily, at DTD...We waited 45 minutes for a bus back to Pop while seeing numerous buses for every other resort...

DNS
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
This sounds fantastic. Also take the edge a little out of the wait. If you know you are going to be waiting for 20 minutes vs. 2 minutes.

PopPhan
10-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Saw a pic of one of these (on another site) from the Grand Floridian, but it was too close to see how it affected the surrounding 'view'....The screen itself looked pretty nicely laid out and informative.

Granny Jill A
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Yahoo! Waiting for a bus is worse than waiting in line for an attraction. Thank goodness they are addressing this major irritation.

Bus stops at the parks COULD be monitored by cameras from a central location. When a crowd starts building at a particular stop, a bus is dispatched and everybody is happy :D

Roger's #1 Fan
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Nah, that's too easy. They will probably consider making interactive bus queues or maybe fastpass+ lines. LOL (better know when you want to leave the park)