PDA

View Full Version : Shrunken Neds Is Closed

DizneyFreak2002
10-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Shrunked Ned's Boats are officially gone... If anyone is unfamiliar, this is the area in Adventureland, close to Jungle Cruise, where you were able to navigate remote control boats...

There has been rumors that Jungle Cruise may get extended to circle the Swiss Family Treehouse... If these rumors are true, Shrunken Ned's would have had to go away.... But, since there really is no proof or any kind of real chatter about Jungle Cruise becoming longer, well, take this as rumor only...

Another reason these may be gone now is to make room for the interactive pirates game I mentioned here once before... yes, the game is still coming... Haven't read/heard anything otherwise... I believe some testing has in fact been done on it in this area...

So, nothing official yet other then we can say goodbye to Ned...

SBETigg
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Weren't they preparing to make a Jungle Cruise movie? I haven't heard any more about that for quite some time.

faline
10-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow! That's a surprise!!

HackLaSalle
10-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Weren't they preparing to make a Jungle Cruise movie? I haven't heard any more about that for quite some time.

Reported as in development with a possible 2014 release date.

figgie
10-23-2012, 01:32 PM
My kids, all grown up now, used to love these...where does the time go...:sail:

Gator
10-24-2012, 05:20 PM
As cool as it would be to take a boat tour beneath the SFR treehouse, I dread to think of the corny jokes they would shoot as such a great classic film. Let's hope for a new pirate game.

DizneyFreak2002
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
As cool as it would be to take a boat tour beneath the SFR treehouse, I dread to think of the corny jokes they would shoot as such a great classic film. Let's hope for a new pirate game.

As far as the pirate game goes, they have done some testing in that area before and a concept exists with some sort of prop coming out of the water when you activate something... So, it is very possible this area becomes part of the interactive pirate game... But, that doesn't take away from a discussed plan to expand the Jungle Cruise through that area too...

Like everything though, nothing is 100% confirmed until is actually opens cause with Disney, well, we know their track record... Hyperion Whiff, I mean Wharf anyone?

bwgens
11-01-2012, 02:27 AM
There will be an interactive area which is part of the coming "Pirates" game.

The refurb of the Jungle Cruise is still in the planning stage from what we've been told, but the biggest thing they want to do is determine if it will be possible to have a bypass lane for the ADA boats similar to what they do with TSMM at the DHS. This would be a great thing for all guests as it would keep the main line of the river moving, it would mean we can have multiple ADA boats running at once, and those in the ADA boats can not feel as if they are slowing everything down by needing these boats (which sadly sometimes they do). It would be a win-win for all, if they can make it all fit. If not, I understand why as this would be a very, very tight fit to do something like this.