PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip before and during new discounts, how to do it?

amlar
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM
We are planning to go to POR from 12/30-1/6. So the first few days are before the new Stay, Dine and Play promotion. We are being told that we have to buy tickets during that plan to get the discount. Obviously we need tickets before then also, so we would be over paying for tickets.

I have never gone over two different rate periods before and have no idea how to do this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
I have no idea. What I would do is change my reservation over to Magical Journeys and have their expert guides help me work it out. They've always gotten me the best deals for my travel time and have saved me lots of money and aggravation in trying to navigate my way through the various deal offers. They don't charge a fee and they're extremely helpful. I turned to Magical Journeys for booking in 2008 and just keep going back to them. Denise is my agent, and she has been fantastic.

Dopey's Girl
10-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Another vote for the wonderful people of Magical Journeys. Wendy is the only one I would want to navigate the murky waters of Disney discounts with!!

buzznwoodysmom
10-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree with the other posters. Let someone who knows the ins and outs handle your reservations.

I'm not 100% sure, but I've always been under the impression that most discounts go by your check in date. In your case you wouldn't be able to use it, unless you had two reservations. With one ending the day before the discounts starts, and the next picking up on the first day of the discount. Obviously that wouldn't save you much money since you would need tickets earlier in your trip. Hopefully there is a way to work it out that benefits you.