PDA

View Full Version : Nashville

DizneyFreak2002
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
So, Nashville premiered last night... Anyone watch it? I did... Went into it not expecting much, came out thinking it wasn't horrible... Got my interest a bit...

SBETigg
10-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Sadly, it wasn't horrible seems to be high praise in this TV season. :) Thanks for the review. I didn't watch, but I do like Connie Britton and might consider it.

Belle of the Ball 051411
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Like you, I 'm intrigued and will watch next week. Overall, the jury is still out...

TinkerbellT421
10-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Watched it today on Hulu. I had originally seen the commercials, and like you disneyfreek, didn't really expect much....watched it, and it surprisingly caught my attention. It wasn't horrible....and Hayden is just hot....just sayin lol

AgentC
10-11-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure that it is a winner but I liked it enough that I am going to watch again next week.

TheDuckRocks
10-12-2012, 09:24 AM
We will be watching again next week. My DH liked it. I'm not so sure. To me it seems rather soapish, but I used to love Dallas, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing, etc. Time will tell. Enjoyed the music.

BriarRose0708
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Eh, it wasn't bad but I was hoping for more. It's a bit obvious these characters are based off real country artists although Hayden's character plays a mean old thing with a possibly intriguing back story. I'll watch again next week and see what happens.

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Watched it today on Hulu. I had originally seen the commercials, and like you disneyfreek, didn't really expect much....watched it, and it surprisingly caught my attention. It wasn't horrible....and Hayden is just hot....just sayin lol

Hayden Smayden... Give me Summer Glau in any sci-fi geek show any day :)

Wayne
10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Being a native Nashvillian, I give it a thumbs up for the simple fact that there wasn't a forced "southern" accent for the first 40 minutes of the show (until the Powers Boothe character showed up). Finally, a show that doesn't try to make everyone in the area look like a country hick.

The production team has gone overboard to make the settings as realistic as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing how the multiple story lines pan out.

DizneyFreak2002
10-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, Nashville has me hooked... Not the best show ever, but one that does hold my interest... Which means, this will be cancelled after one season... while Revolution will live on... LoL...

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, Nashville has me hooked... Not the best show ever, but one that does hold my interest... Which means, this will be cancelled after one season... while Revolution will live on... LoL...

lol right! :thedolls: though, we were pretty dead on with "The River" it got signed on for a second season last year but then got canceled a couple months ago :thumbsup: