PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan credits

eeyoremom
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Can you use your table service credits to pay for a friends meal? Not sure we want all the table service meals that we will have, and they will not have dining plan. Don't know if that is against the rules or not.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Officially no. You can only charge as many meals as there are people in the room. So, if you have two adults, you can charge two meals with the DDP.

BigThunderFan
10-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Also, officially those meals must be used by the people staying in the room, they are not transferable.

Janmac
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Well, experience tells me otherwise.

We have been at the World with a large group, with several rooms - thus more than one dining plan. CMs will charge the whole table to one dining plan, unless one is paying attention and intervenes.

I have read on these boards of folks who have had their meal paid for by a stranger who was using their dining plan credits. Not sure if this is frowned on by Disney, even tho it happens.

If you are 4 at the table and have 4 TS credits available, my thought is ask the CM.

Jan

TinkerbellT421
10-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Specifically on the dinning plan brochures, second page fifth Mickey head down, specifically says you cannot redeem snack credits or meals for anyone not on your dinning plan. Here is the info....http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf