PDA

View Full Version : Jambo House AKL Villa ?

jwallace378
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
We just booked a studio room at AKL for the second week of December. Since it was pretty short notice, they didn't have any savanna view rooms available. My question is, does anyone know if all of the rooms have a balcony (even if they don't overlook the savannas)? Also, going to be our 1st time at AKL. Opinions?

Simba's Mom
10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
In my experience, all the rooms at AKV-Jambo have balconies. However, I was in one value studio that didn't have a freezer in the refrigerator (but they had a refrigerator). Maintenance tried to put the usual refrigerator/freezer in there but the counter was about 2 inches too short. Apparently a beginning engineer had decigned that unit:) and miscalculated a little. But I've loved every stay at Jambo, even the one without the freezer (remember, that was a value studio).

seanyred
10-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes they all have balconies. You will probably get a pool view. Not that it happens all the time but in our most recent trip, we had a standard studio reserved and a value studio for a split stay within Jambo House. Well we were upgraded to savanna room from the Standard and our Value room also had a savanna view. Its not common to be upgraded from standard while staying on points but it did happen.

PlutoPlanet
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't know about the balconies, but we've stay at AKL Jambo a few years in a row and love it. It's easy to have dinner at Boma and then go out for the evening. We really feel like we're on vacation at AKL. The bus rides do take a little longer, but we've gotten so we don't mine.

BugeyedMuggy
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
If you really wanted a savannah view ask for one of the limited view savannah rooms. They are quiter than the pool view and only have a pole or a tree slightly in the way. You also only pay for a standard view.