PDA

View Full Version : DTD Table Service... Which one?

DisneyDawgette
10-09-2012, 03:00 PM
So, we're officially at less than 24 hours before we head down to the World! I'm so excited that I can't hardly stand it!

That being said, we'll be arriving between 6-7 tomorrow evening, and were planning on going to DTD for some fun... and most certainly some food. We've all eaten at the Rainforest Cafe before (multiple times for me), and it's always been more of a draw for the atmosphere than the food. So what are some of your favorite places to grab dinner in DTD while keeping within a reasonable budget? As much as I love Fulton's, that's just not quite in the budget for tomorrow night!

Is T-Rex any better than Rainforest? DBF loves Bongo's coffee, but is the food good too? And I've heard Raglan's is GREAT. So any suggestions and why?

Ya'll are great. :mickey:

Itchy
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
My family loves Raglan Rd. The food is good and the live entertainment is very good. It is usally where we eat our first night at WDW.

The menu has something for everyone.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
T-Rex is lots of fun, and the food was pretty good. I would go again!

My first DtD choice isn't table service though. I would pick Earl of Sandwich any time over any of the TS places. So yummy!

ledudes
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
We love Wolfgangs

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2012, 05:09 PM
If you guys like Rainforest Cafe you may enjoy T-Rex, but I found the food very similar at these two places. Granted we haven't eaten at either in years so the menus could have changed.

We've actually enjoyed two QS meals just as much as some of the TS options. We LOVE Earl of Sandwich and have never had a bad meal there. We also really enjoy Wolf Gang Puck Express. Both are reasonable options as far as $ is concerned.

Lindsey310
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
We aren't fans of rainforest Cafe anymore. I know it's the same owners as T-Rex. We happen to like the menu better at T-Rex.

A tradition of ours is to always eat at planet Hollywood our first night. DH loves the fried lasagna! :eat:

SBETigg
10-09-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm with Itchy. Raglan Road is an excellent choice, very good food, good service, and entertainment later in the evening. Fun place, and not the same old chain food.

TinkerbellT421
10-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Another vote here Raglan road. :thumbsup: or house of blues, it gets a lot of mixed reviews but I have never been disappointed there.

RedSoxFan
10-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree. Ragland Road. it's just wonderful. Great food and entertainment. Love it there and will be eating there again in November!!

Gator
10-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I just spoke with someone who said T-Rex is one of the best places they've ever been to. I'm gonna try to get there this trip.

Madame Leona
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I LOVED the atmosphere at T-Rex but I didn't like what I ordered (Blackened Fish Tacos-I ended up just picking the fish out and eating that). I did however like my Mom's Fish and Chips. I would recommend there to anyone who enjoys Rainforest (one of my favorites).
I also really enjoy Bongos. The food is delish but I have not been in several years so I'm hoping it hasn't changed. The food is too adventurous for my children but I hope to get back there soon.
I do enjoy Planet Hollywood as well. The Cobb Salad is wonderful and I like to look at all the old movie props. Plus, it's the type of place to keep the kids busy :)

Quadstriker
10-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Raglan. 'Nuff said.

#1donaldfan
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
T-REX is a great place to eat, and very much like Rainforest....

If you want great food, been traveling all day, and just want something quick, but good, try Earl of Sandwich.....that place is INCREDIBLE !! Then stroll over the Ghirhdeli and get a sample of chocolate.:mickey:

Crow
10-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Raglan..this yr had disappointing meals at HOB and WOlfgangs

Auroring Good Time
10-14-2012, 10:22 AM
My family loves Raglan Road. It is a must on every trip. We have also had a very good meal at T-Rex. My 12 year old loves the Footprints Flatbread.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
My first DtD choice isn't table service though. I would pick Earl of Sandwich any time over any of the TS places. So yummy!

Agreed!! Tried it for the first time last trip and total yumm! :stir:

bruin1344
10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Wolfgang Puck although Ive never had Raglan Road

disneynarula
10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
We just ate at T -Rex and would not eat there again. It was LOUD! You could not hear the person sitting right next to you.

The food was good but I think the Wolfgang Puck Cafe was better and the atmopshere is a little more mature.

We also love the Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace (not the West side).

DisneyDawgette
10-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Thank you for all of your input! We ended up going with Raglan Road and we were not disappointed! We will most certainly return again next trip!

I give a more detailed account in trip reports (Four Best Friends and the Mouse. Day 1!). Hopefully I will get to posting pictures soon! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2012, 08:40 AM
We enjoyed the meal at Raglan Road, the Its Not Bleedin Chowder was really good as was the steak. However, we usually go to Wolfgang Puck Express its just our favorite CS so do it now.