PDA

View Full Version : A few days in WDW is better than no days in WDW Chapter 4: MK and Departure Day

EpcotChic23
10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
October 3rd

Woke up to cloudy skies. Got up and packed all my stuff, we are leaving this evening but have to check out at 10. During our packing we noticed we never received information on the ME for the ride back to MCO. I walked out to our balcony one last time to take pictures. I wish we could have stayed longer in this room but I knew this was going to be a super quick trip.

We went downstairs to check in our luggage for our flight. I got a cup a coffee and DH called ME to clear all that up. Once everything was cleared we handed in our carry on’s to the valet so we did not have to carry them to MK. We hoped the monorail to the MK.

We had no plans but enjoy what we could. Our bus was picking us up by 1:50 so we had to be out of the park by 1. We bought DD a lollipop and walked through Liberty Square and visited the 999 ghost one more time. Then we stopped at the Tiki birds and POC. I got a dole whip enjoyed it ALOT. We headed to Tomorrowland and went on Stitch. Once we were done it was time to leave. It was sunny and hot a perfect day to go in the pool.

Once back at the CR. I got a mai ti and DH got a smoothie at the Wave as we wait for our bus. The bus comes on time. We board only people from the CR. Then we proceeded to pick up people at the WL, Poly and GF. Smooth ride to the airport. I admit I shed some tears under my sunglasses.

At the airport stop at Build a Bear to buy one of my Stitch’s a Florida shirt. Went through security hoped the most depressing ride in Orlando (the tram to the gates). We got food for our flight and walked to our gate. As soon as we sit they announce our flight was going to be an hour delay…..here we go again. I handle it much better this time. It was only an hour flight but my free direct TV didn’t work and they were out of beverages on this flight. I am seriously considering not flying United next time. We land my in laws were they picked us up and then we got our DD. All my sadness about leaving Disney left when I saw her and gave her Duffy Bear.

Overview:
I knew this trip was going to be short but we did a lot for 2 and half days. We normally stay at the Poly. We liked the CR very much but did not like that you could not even get something to drink past midnight. The room was amazing I recommend it! We loved the Food and Wine Festival. It was amazing. I was beyond honored to be part of Epcot’s 30 Anniversary. I am going to look into other airlines for my next flight. Overall it was a great mini trip my DH gave me for my birthday and of course I cannot wait to return!

faline
10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, it was short but it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

VWL Mom
10-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing your reports and birthday trip with us. :party:

Dopey's Girl
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for sharing your short, but very fun filled trip!

yjgirl32
10-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
That was a great birthday gift! The magical upgrade was pretty amazing too, glad to read you had a nice getaway.

vizsla
10-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
10-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: