PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces Salute Ticket Question

stephi191
10-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi,

We are traveling to Disney next week and are planning to buy Armed Forces Salute Ticket once we arrive (we had hoped to buy the vouchers ahead of time, but everytime we called the base, they either didn't have the vouchers yet, or were going to be closed for the month). Anyway, our question is this - we are arriving on Monday afternoon with our 1st park day being Tuesday. Is it possible for us to buy the tickets/activate them at Downtown Disney on Monday evening or do we have to wait to get them on Tuesday morning?

BrerGnat
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I am not sure they can be purchased at Downtown Disney. From what I know, they can only be purchased at theme park ticket windows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can definitely buy them the day before, though. You will pay tax if you buy them from Disney. To avoid that, you can buy them at the ticket desk at Shades of Green, across from the Polynesian.

Lindsey310
10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I thought you could only purchase them at shades of green. Unless this isn't the same ticket we had ($139 4 day park hopper). We activated them in downtown Disney the same day and went to the parks the following day. :mickey:

By the way, :welcome: to intercot!!!! :mickey3:

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM
As far as I am aware, Natalie is right. The tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green or any of the park ticket windows. I don't think you can purchase them at DTD either.

We purchased them at Shades of Green in July. Then we went to DTD to have them activated so that they were ready to go the next day.

We have also activated them at the first park we go to. We try to get there a few minutes early and have never had any issues activating them and getting in the park quickly. It really shouldn't take very long.

ANG
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I was told a few weeks ago by our MWR that you can only get them at Shades of Green and an MWR and not at the ticket windows. But who knows if she was right!

BrerGnat
10-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I was told a few weeks ago by our MWR that you can only get them at Shades of Green and an MWR and not at the ticket windows. But who knows if she was right!

She is wrong. :) They can be purchased at Disney theme park ticket windows. I will be buying mine at the TTC in a few weeks. Disney does charge tax, though. They will cost about $10 less each from MWR or Shades of Green.

wdwfansince75
10-09-2012, 10:13 PM
They can be purchased at Shades of Green...only place on property where they will not be taxed...If you have a car, you can get to SoG easily on the arrival day, and purchase them there...saves about $10 a ticket...also gives you a chance to use the tax free store...great savings on necessities, such as beer and baby supplies. If you are staying at SoG, you can pre-purchase the tickets, and they will be delivered to you at check-in.
The tickets are activated at the Guest Services windows at the park...takes a few minutes.

ANG
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
She is wrong. :) They can be purchased at Disney theme park ticket windows. I will be buying mine at the TTC in a few weeks. Disney does charge tax, though. They will cost about $10 less each from MWR or Shades of Green.

Thanks for the clarification! Yeah, buying 4 tickets for our family is worth saving the $40 in tax

ginger19
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I am glad that I read this; I had no idea about the tax but it is worth it for me to call the base and get them from there :thumbsup:

Crow
10-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I am not sure they can be purchased at Downtown Disney. From what I know, they can only be purchased at theme park ticket windows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can definitely buy them the day before, though. You will pay tax if you buy them from Disney. To avoid that, you can buy them at the ticket desk at Shades of Green, across from the Polynesian.

buying them at SOG avoids the tax also. u can drive there or walk from Poly, but the tickets then just activate them at the windows at the park.