PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Marrakesh

Mr.K
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Our last meal of the week as at Marrakesh. We had 5:05 PM reservations for a group of 14. We arrived right on time and were seated within a few minutes.

As you find elsewhere throughout the world showcase, Marrakesh fully delivered on theme and decor. Simple but truly beautiful place. Very "transportive" in terms of delivering you to Morocco.

Our waitstaff was excellent and very attentive throughout the meal.

Amongst the adults we managed to try most of the entries, including the kabobs (chicken and beef), roast lamb, roast chicken and couscous. They also had two different combo sampling platters which several of us got which included various appetizers and lots of small portions of the other items too. The sampler feasts were not standard for the dining plan, but they had an option of 1 meal credit + $7.99 = sampling feast.

I don't know the names of all the appetizers we tried, but we had a lentil soup, spicy lamb sausage, brewat, bastilla, and salads.

For desserts we had various pastries, baklava, ice cream and bastilla with cream.

We loved this meal! The food was excellent. Slightly unusual for sure, so if you are not a good international-eater, this might not be your cup of tea, but if you're familiar with couscous and kebabs you will most likely enjoy everything. Very yummy.

We had live music and a belly dancer for entertainment which was also very fun.

We would definitely recommend this meal.

disneynarula
10-09-2012, 06:36 AM
This is of our favorites. We are going again for our upcoming trip and I am glad to hear it is still a great dining experience. We have not eated here in about five years but are really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the review.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-09-2012, 07:34 AM
DH has always wanted to try dinner here ... sounds like it would be a great choice!

VWL Mom
10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Dh and I have been wanting to try this but are waiting to be sans kids. Sounds wonderful to me!

Ms. Mode
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
This sounds really good to me, our DD went there on her honeymoon this spring and said it was good. Unfortunately, we have a friend that went there a few years ago and told my DH it was like eating "fried potted meat"...so DH is not to sure he wants to try it. :blush:

BriarRose0708
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
This sounds awesome and I love the added entertainment of a belly dancer! Maybe I can convince my non-adventurous eater DBF to go on our next trip if I can sell him on the dancing lady...

darthmacho
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Glad you liked it. We haven't been since 1998, but I still remember how delicious the bastilla with cream was! Of course I also remember the music and the belly dancer too. One day I'd like to eat there again. :mickey:

Simba's Mom
10-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the review. DH keeps mentioning trying it, but we enjoy Tangerine Cafe so much and don't want to eat Moroccoan food at consecutive meals, so whenever we want Moroccoan, we eat at the CS. We'll have to tear ourselves away sometime.

Gator
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Man, this makes me want to go there to eat. Such great food. And the two places to eat in Morrocco make the best baklava I've ever had. Can't wait to try some.

beksy
10-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the review.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the report