PDA

View Full Version : favorite/best Sci Fi or Fantasy TV show or movie

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey Gang,
So I was feeding my inner Nerd earlier today by watching Doctor Who (11th Doctor for those who care). And I was wondering what my Intercot Family thought was the Best of Fantasy or SCI Fi. Personally I am about as big of a Doctor Who Fan as I am a Disney Nut.

What about the rest of you guys? Explain your answers if you feel like it. Nothing like gushing about your fav geek out.

NJGIRL
10-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm a vampire nerd.....long before there was a Twlight.

It all started for me with Dark Shadows (TV show, not the Johnny Depp version :ack:)

I love all the Underworld movies. Being Human is one of my favorite shows now and I like Grimm too.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
which Being Human? The British one or American?

NJGIRL
10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
American

Dragongirlx
10-09-2012, 03:50 AM
I am a total sci fi nerd and my fave show has to be Star Trek - Original series, followed by TNG.
I even liked voyager and enterprise but hated DS9 I have to say that Babylon 5 was a much better show.

I am currently hooked to Haven, Warehouse 13 and The Almighty Johnsons

DisneyGlutton
10-09-2012, 03:55 AM
My all time favorite SciFi show is Babylon 5, followed by the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. Doctor Who is nice, too, as is the all too short Kings.

RAIDER
10-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Star Trek the original series cant be beaten and i still love the reruns of Space 1999 and the Time Tunnel

As for the films
Star Trek ( original cast )
Riddick Series
Star Wars
and i enjoyed both Trons

PopPhan
10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Lots of good answers so far, and I can agree with most -- Doctor Who, ST (any! LOL), B5, BG, DS....

I would offer a couple of my favorites, one with a tenuous relationship with Disney...

Farscape (Jim Henson Creature Shop developed show)
First Wave

I am also a fan of Fringe, Grimm, Once Upon A Time...

As a matter of fact, there is very little that I watch that is NOT in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre.

Diznee4Me
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Star Trek tried and true - all the series. I really enjoyed Farscape and Firefly had so much potential. The idea of Serenity to wrap Firefly up for the fans was a good idea but the movie itself left me depressed.

TrueGangstar
10-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Being Human is the best and interesting which I prefer to everyone.

joonyer
10-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Lord of the Rings trilogy

magicofdisney
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I was a Star Trek TNG loyalist. Still love to catch the reruns.

Post TNG, nothing else seemed to click for me in that series. However, I fell hard for SG-1 and Atlantis! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I wasn't crazy about Universe but it slightly filled the void after losing SG-1 and Atlantis. I'm not surprised it didn't last long.

TinkerbellT421
10-25-2012, 06:26 PM
As far as tv shows go mine are the following :mickey:

1) vampire diaries
2) true blood
3) once upon a time
4) Grimm
5) 666 park avenue is holding my attention for now. But not sure how much more I can stomach

diz_girl
10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Best - Firefly/Serenity - I own both the series and the movie and I watch them often.

The Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies ever.
Also love the movie Paul too.

The Matrix was great and groundbreaking.

I also loved Star Trek TNG. The new Star Trek film did a great job of continuing the Star Trek tradition and I can't wait for the next one.

Star Wars - Loved the first three. As for the remaining three, meh. "Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo" :ack:

I watched all of BSG. It was very good and really compelling, but the ending left such a bad taste in my mouth that I never watched anything else BSG (Caprica, etc.) again.

Love many of the Syfy shows -
Eureka - loved it and miss it
Warehouse 13 - love it
Haven - love it

Let's begin and end on Joss Whedon - I also love The Avengers (love Iron Man, Thor and Captain America too).

Davyjones
10-28-2012, 07:32 PM
I absolutely love "Seaquest DSV" from the '90s!! Also, the first few seasons of "The X-Files" was amazing as well!