PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Kouzzina by Cat Cora

Mr.K
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM
We arrived on time for a later reservation (8:05 PM) with a large group (12). We waited a very long time, with tired children (a big day at Animal Kingdom). The staff was good at communicating and explained the tables they had planned for us to use were being hogged by slow-departing diners, seated right in the center of three tables they were planning to push together for us. They were done with their meal but wanted to linger. We've run into this before with large groups at WDW so I wasn't too stressed.

The manager was very apologetic and after being seated 40 minutes later when space opened up so we could all be seated together, gave us a full round of complimentary sampler appetizers for our group. This type of service typified our experience. Everyone we interacted with was great, knowledgable and attentive.

The food was incredible! The comped appetizers were out of this world good. Perfect calamari, spicy meatballs, grilled shrimp, olive assortment, hummus and other spreads with pita bread.

The entrees were incredible too. Between the adults we had the whole fish (red snapper), pork tenderloin, grilled ribeye, lamb shank and fisherman's stew. We also tried the greek style lasanga, which some thought excellent, and some found it a bit too much cinnamon. Truly great Greek inspired food.

We tried the dessert sampler, the chocolate budino cake, and the baklava. The kids dessert was really fun here, a build-your-own cupcake, with lots of separate toppings the kids could pile on to decorate their cakes.

Being an iron chef fan, it was truly a thrill just to eat here, then to our surprise, Cat Cora walks out of the kitchen to greet each table personally! She seemed genuinely interested in how our day went, what the kids did and saw that day at Animal Kingdom, what characters they'd met so far, etc. We got our picture with her and it was the perfect ending to the best meal of the week.

I would highly recommend Kouzzina!

Simba's Mom
10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks very much for the review. Coincidently we were just talking about this resturant last night as one of our "should try"s, hopefully next trip. Sounds like we won't be disappointed. And since I also love Iron Chef America, I too would be thrilled if I saw Cat Cora herself.

SBETigg
10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I love Kouzzina, have had many great experiences there. But I've never seen Cat Cora there! How lovely for you. Nice touch. Especially for Iron Chef fans. And the service can make a huge difference. Waiting for a long time with tired kids, not fun. But so much better knowing that the restaurant cares, is aware, and watching out for you. We had a similar experience with waiting, and the attentive service really helped with us, too. Thanks for reviewing.

ElenitaB
10-08-2012, 09:01 PM
We love Kouzzina. :thumbsup:

And now I have celebrity sighting envy! :D

Kenny1113
10-09-2012, 06:00 AM
We arrived on time for a later reservation (8:05 PM) with a large group (12). We waited a very long time, with tired children (a big day at Animal Kingdom). The staff was good at communicating and explained the tables they had planned for us to use were being hogged by slow-departing diners, seated right in the center of three tables they were planning to push together for us. They were done with their meal but wanted to linger. We've run into this before with large groups at WDW so I wasn't too stressed.

The manager was very apologetic and after being seated 40 minutes later when space opened up so we could all be seated together, gave us a full round of complimentary sampler appetizers for our group. This type of service typified our experience. Everyone we interacted with was great, knowledgable and attentive...

Glad they did this for you. This was all they needed to do for us on my first and last trip there. Unfortunately we were not kept abreast of delays as same size parties that arrived after us were sat before us. We were given no apologes when we were informed that our table was given away TWICE!!!!!!

Glad you had a great expirience! The food is good. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
10-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I've never been to Kouzzina but the great reviews that have been rolling in, including yours, has me more inclined to check it out in the future. I'd love to see Cat Cora!

BelleBeauty
10-09-2012, 09:32 AM
We LOVE Kouzzina. It was our favorite restaurant for food and experience when we were there (even over CA Grill during fireworks). We did have a bad experience with getting a little sick, but even so it was our favorite.

Jared
10-09-2012, 01:10 PM
To me, Kouzzina is the best "non-signature" restaurant on Disney property. It's probably the only place I would regularly patronize if it were located here in New York. So glad to see another positive review.

Dopey's Girl
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the review. I've been tempted to try it before, but never have. I think I need to add it to the must do list for January!

Disney Hungarian
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
This is one of my faves. It is what it is. A Greek restaurant with a few Mississippi influences. Loud and Boisterous and good!

beksy
10-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the report...it sounds like a great meal. I loved the way they handled the beginning wait and then meeting Cat Cora! Sweet! I want to try here someday...

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Sounds great thanks for the report

January-2007
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Your review makes me want to try it! Thanks so much for sharing!

PlutoPlanet
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
We eat at Kouzzina every year. Love it. Great menu. It is different than the local Greek restaurants we have.

The Whole Fish is my favorite. The server de-boned it for me.

We have a Greek-American friend who loves Kouzzina too.