PDA

View Full Version : smoking in down town disney

nfrustaci
10-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been looking on the map online for smoking areas in down town disney and I can't find any. I have been going there every year for 13 years and I just assume u can not smoke since Disney is a non smoking area but give designated smoking areas. I don't remember reading anything on the actual map of DTD but I don't actually have the map with me. Can anyone confirm a smoking area ? ;)

Main Street Jim
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I asked my wife about this, and, as far as we can recall, all of Downtown Disney's outdoor areas would be considered "smoking areas". I *can't* recall any *designated* smoking areas, as, when we were down there last December/January, people were smoking all over.

All *indoor* venues, of course, *are* non-smoking.

VWL Mom
10-08-2012, 06:03 AM
There is no change in the smoking policy at DTD. you cannot smoke inside restaurants/bars/stores but you can smoke outside. There are ashtrays throughout DTD and IMO if you are next to an ashtray, you're okay.

Dr. Disney
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
We just returned last night and I can verify all outdoor areas of DTD are indeed smoking areas. It's no holds barred :mickey:

texas211
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Well, you can smoke inside Sosa's if you buy a cigar.

I've smoked all over DTD. No issues.

TinkerbellT421
10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
As a smoker, we have never been asked to put out a cigarette at all throughout downtown Disney. And I've noticed almost every other trash can has a cigarette dispenser in the front. I've talked to cast members while a cig in hand.