PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits October 2012

Figment!
10-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Tidbits
October 2012

Wild Guides

10/7/12 From October 1 through November 30, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is offering a new Guide to enhance Guest’s animal experience . During this trial period, Guides describing most of the animals found in the park will be available at the main entrance, the tip board, and the Mombasa Marketplace.

An Extra Treat

10/7/12 Guests who visit Firehouse 71 during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom can get an extra treat. During the party, Cast are distributing an exclusive Halloween Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom playing card.

More to Meet

10/7/12 Disney’s Hollywood Studios has announced that it will host characters from the upcoming Wreck-it Ralph this Fall. Starting in “November 2012”, Guests can meet Ralph and Vanellope in the Magic of Disney Animation post-show area. The new meet and greet location will be themed to Game Central Station and allow Guests to view several different game worlds before meeting the characters of honor in the Sugar Rush game.

Circus Eats

10/7/12 Big Top Souvenirs has opened in the Storybook Circus sub-section of the Magic Kingdom. The new food and merchandise retail location reportedly features several exclusive treats. The location offers caramel corn cupcakes, cotton candy cupcakes, and a Dumbo themed cupcake. With two of the three tents re-opened, Disney has released some information on the future of the remaining yellow tent. The location will serve as a central FastPass location for Storybook Circus, feature snack locations, provide seating area, and offer charging stations for cell phones and ECV’s.

7/25/12 More details are being released regarding the dining options in the partially open Storybook Circus section of the Magic Kingdom. Construction permits have recently been filed for a popcorn kiosk, a pretzel kiosk, and a hot dog kiosk to be constructed in the Storybook Circus section of the park. Additionally, the park has announced that forthcoming “Big Top Souvenirs” retail location will feature a confectionery section with an open kitchen for Guests to view the making of the treats.

Wi-Free

10/7/12 Earlier this week the Walt Disney World resort rolled-out its complimentary Wi-Fi service to its third theme park. Guests are now reporting accesses at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

8/27/12 The "Disney-Guest" free wi-fi broadcast has continued to expand. The free service is now reportedly available at Epcot. It has been also reported that the service was recently tested at the Typhoon Lagoon water park; but reports have not been clear if the service is permanently available yet.

8/1/12 The Walt Disney World resort has begun to expand its free wi-fi service from all Disney Resort hotels to its theme parks. The free wi-fi service is currently available in the Magic Kingdom park under the broadcast name "Disney-Guest". The free service is expected to be available in all four theme parks and the Downtown Disney area by the end of 2012.

Fantasyland Fallout

10/7/12 As more parts of Storybook Circus open, some of the temporary character offerings around the park have started to end. To coincide with the opening of Pete’s Silly Sideshow; Donald Duck has ceased meeting in Frontierland, Minnie Mouse has ceased meeting in Town Square, Daisy Duck has ceased meeting in Town Square, and Goofy has ceased meeting in Adventureland. In addition to these moves, Chip and Dale have begun meet and greet offerings in Frontierland near the Golden Horseshoe Saloon.

KODABEAR
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
:pumpkin: Thanks ! Your info is always helpful !!

Lindsey310
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info! Love reading the updates :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for sharing! I hope we can meet the Wreck It Ralph gang on our next trip!

faline
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
The new animal guide sounds like a great idea!

Melanie
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Seriously? No more Donald Crockett or Pirate Goofy? This makes me sad. And now it's just Mickey at Town Square?

AgentC
10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Seriously? No more Donald Crockett or Pirate Goofy? This makes me sad. And now it's just Mickey at Town Square?

That is what I heard too, Mel. Goofy has changed to the Great Goofini. Donald is the Astounding Donaldo. I am going to miss Pirate Goofy. :(

Chip & Dale are supposed to be in cowboy costumes. I saw a picture in someone's Twitter feed. They were very cute.

vizsla
10-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the updates.

BrerSchultzy
10-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Tidbits
October 2012

10/7/12 With two of the three tents re-opened, Disney has released some information on the future of the remaining yellow tent. The location will serve as a central FastPass location for Storybook Circus, feature snack locations, provide seating area, and offer charging stations for cell phones and ECV’s.

Are these the "D-Zones" that have been rumored for a while? And is there a second one being added over by IASW...the alleged "Tangled" restroom area?

Gator
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM

Donald Crokett was my favorite character pic to catch. Two of my favorite combined. Now Donald's a magician? Weird.

Figment!
10-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Are these the "D-Zones" that have been rumored for a while? And is there a second one being added over by IASW...the alleged "Tangled" restroom area?
Yes, these will be the first two locations.

pdrlkr
10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey: