PDA

View Full Version : vacation planning dvd

goofygonewild
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Does Disney make new dvd's each year & if so when is it available? I have one from 2011 but would like an updated one especially with all the recent changes. Thanks!

faline
10-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I seem to recall that they start pushing the availability of DVD's in the fall. Typically, they don't change completely from year to year though I would imagine that the opening of the new Fantasyland section will drive the need for updated materials on an upcoming DVD.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I would wait until early 2013, so they can update it with all of the new changes. We try and order one every other year or so, and sometimes they lag a bit with the changes, like they are using up "old stock".

January-2007
10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I got the new dvd last month and it was new from last year. Enjoyed it more than the one with all the clouds.

Gator
10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I would wait until early 2013, so they can update it with all of the new changes. We try and order one every other year or so, and sometimes they lag a bit with the changes, like they are using up "old stock".

That's what I tend to do, unless there's some phenomenal event. Like the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Other than that, it doesn't change enough to merit ordering one each year. In fact, they still use the same script when decribing the resort as they did back on the HCoE video.

Chaos
10-07-2012, 05:31 PM
We have the 2012 one and it's outdated. It mentions the Kim Possible thing at Epcot which is now Agent P themed. And it didn't have anything but the artwork for the Fantasyland expansion.

I'm going to order one in January and see what we get. DD loves the planning DVD we have, especially the part about little ones (kids 5 and under).