PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts on this Promo....

DisneyFr33k
10-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I just received this offer via e-mail for visa card holders. My TA said this is only a free dining plan offer, but to me and my DH it sound like free tickets too. What are your thoughts?

This enchanting offer includes:

Dining plan – When staying at a Value Resort, enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort quick service restaurants. When staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets – Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

disneynarula
10-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Is the price less expensive than booking a Magic Your Way package with rack rates?

We got something in the mail like this recently and it was not really a special offer.

You have to book a ticket package when you get the dining plan anyway.

joonyer
10-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I just received this offer via e-mail for visa card holders. My TA said this is only a free dining plan offer, but to me and my DH it sound like free tickets too. What are your thoughts?

This enchanting offer includes:

Dining plan – When staying at a Value Resort, enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort quick service restaurants. When staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets – Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

Don't be deceived. Nothing is "free" at Disney. Even the "free dining" plan when offered is not really free. You just pay more for something else to make up the difference. It may save you some money (discount) but it ain't really "free" But as consumers we can't seem to resist that word. Remember what P.T. Barnum said.

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I've seen the same thing. The tickets aren't free - you're purchasing them as part of the package. The free part comes with the dining. And it is free. Sure some people say you pay for it elsewhere. But if the tickets are normal prices (they are) and the rooms are normal prices (they are, too), and you get the DDP thrown in at no charge, most people call that free. And it's a really good deal if you're staying at a moderate.

DisneyFr33k
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
We are staying at a value, and had to give up our AAA discount, paying $53 more for the "free" quick service dining. Still a good deal seeing as we would have spent tons more for food that week! :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I've seen the same thing. The tickets aren't free - you're purchasing them as part of the package. The free part comes with the dining. And it is free. Sure some people say you pay for it elsewhere. But if the tickets are normal prices (they are) and the rooms are normal prices (they are, too), and you get the DDP thrown in at no charge, most people call that free. And it's a really good deal if you're staying at a moderate.

Too bad. If you read it - it is bulleted like both are free! A bit deceiving.

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Too bad. If you read it - it is bulleted like both are free! A bit deceiving.

I agree that as is, it reads as if both are included free in the package. Deceiving, yes.

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I might be confused here but nowhere do I even see free dining. I think it's a MYW package being marketed with the new room discounts announced yesterday and includes DDP & tickets.

Well, yeah, now that you mention it, no mention of free. I just read it in there because the OP said. So I'm guessing there might be more to the message that we didn't see?

VWL Mom
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Well, yeah, now that you mention it, no mention of free. I just read it in there because the OP said. So I'm guessing there might be more to the message that we didn't see?

Oops, i was trying to edit the post you quoted but deleted it in error.

I think this is the full offer here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2308295&postcount=11)

It looks like you must get a ticket for the entire stay which is the way they're getting around those that took free dining and a 2 day ticket. They may be starting to close up loop holes.

DisneyFr33k
10-06-2012, 06:54 AM

I called my TA and she called Disney. They told her it is a free dining offer but not free tickets.

VWL Mom
10-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I called my TA and she called Disney. They told her it is a free dining offer but not free tickets.

In your case maybe the price worked out that the dining was free or your TA has you on a different package but in general the Chase offer (which will be released to the public on 10/10) is not a free dining offer. Please see Nanci from MJ's post here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2308349&postcount=8)

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I booked the Disney Visa offer yesterday. The CM I spoke with explained that it's a percentage off the entire package. So no one component is free. I ran some numbers and in my case it was around 30% off my entire package of room, tickets, and dining.

I did some pricing to compare. All prices are using the same number of nights, same moderate resort, same tickets, and the basic dining plan.

$3275.92--no discount
$2307.68--Visa Discount
$2349.65--military discount + add dining
$2117.00--if Free dining had been offered (I don't remember the exact cost if it was free dining, but it was close to this)

As much as people slam "free dining" as you can see it would have been the cheapest route for the same package.

Of course the military route could be cheaper if we didn't get the dining plan, but DH would like to have the dining plan for this trip. After all we would still have to factor in $ for food either way, so military discount wouldn't have been cheaper by much after we added up what we spent on dining during the trip.

We went with the Disney Visa deal and saved close to $1000. This is still a very good deal.

DisneyFr33k
10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Strange. If it is not a free dining offer, then I got mine free somehow. I only had to give up my AAA discount to get it, which only added $53 to my package.

princessgirls
10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I got a free dining offer that I'm taking advantage of for November. We are only paying $99 a night at the Pop...

I upgraded from the Quick Service to the DDP, family of 4 (all being "Disney" adults kids ages 11 & 12) for 7 nights, 7 day hopper and dining was $2700. I think that was pretty good.

Julie:mickey: