PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Building Suggestion

Granny Jill A
10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Staying at GF for first time - woo hoo. Would like recommendation on building choice. I'm looking at the map and either Boca Chica or Big Pine Key look good because they are far away from the boat rental location.

Would appreciate some expert opinions on which building is best. Thank you.

faline
10-05-2012, 09:44 AM
We stayed in Boca Chica and really enjoyed it. We booked a standard room but think we got upgraded a little bit as we ended up in a room overlooking Narcoosee's and could even see some of the Magic Kingdom fireworks over the roof of that building. We were very close to the quiet pool and just a short walk to the main building.

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I loved Boca Chica. We had a great view on the lagoon side, but the other side overlooks the courtyard pool and would have been a good choice, too. Nothing is really far from the lobby building, all short walks away. But Boca Chica is also right next to the boat dock, not the rentals but the launch stop. We usually took the monorail to the MK and the launch back, with a quick walk right back to our room. Lovely.

Keneva
10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is your issue with the boat rental location? We stayed in Sugarloaf overlooking boat rental location and thought it was a big positive. I would not want to be next to the boat launch because of the constant boat whistles.:lizard:

Granny Jill A
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is your issue with the boat rental location? We stayed in Sugarloaf overlooking boat rental location and thought it was a big positive. I would not want to be next to the boat launch because of the constant boat whistles.:lizard:

The smell and the noise bother me a lot, so I was hoping not to be right next to it.

Granny Jill A
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I loved Boca Chica. We had a great view on the lagoon side, but the other side overlooks the courtyard pool and would have been a good choice, too. Nothing is really far from the lobby building, all short walks away. But Boca Chica is also right next to the boat dock, not the rentals but the launch stop. We usually took the monorail to the MK and the launch back, with a quick walk right back to our room. Lovely.

Sounds great. I put in a request for Boca and I am looking forward to staying there.