PDA

View Full Version : Frankenweenie

Aurora
10-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Anyone going to see Frankenweenie this weekend? It's a tough sell to my kids, who write off most black-and-white movies before seeing them (which is very irksome to me).

Would love to read people's reviews here.

Kathy Jetson
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
We're going to see it Saturday in 3D can't wait!

Disney4us2
10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
We will probably see it. We have been seeing the previews for it at California Adventure all week long. We love what we saw.

Niecyboo
10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
We just made the very hard decision to take our 14 year old dog in next week to have him put down, so I'm pretty sure this movie will not be on our watching list any time soon. Even though I know it is the right decision, even the commercials about the dog are making me tear up.

MizMissy
10-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Our first dog together was a white bull terrier (1994-2009, RIP Nathan) and we loved the original short movie. A lot of the personality of the dog showed through in the movie, same for the original Homeward Bound movie. We now have a brindle bull terrier.

The movie looks cute and we would probably see it anyway, but for personal reasons, it is a must see for us.

Disney4us2
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
We did go to see Frankenweenie today. We saw it in the 3D. It was very cute and really loved it. I won't go into any details:secret:, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Disney Hungarian
10-06-2012, 07:06 AM
I went to the screening at DTD on Sunday. I'm not a film critic. Being a photographer, I care more about how a film looks than the story. It looked awesome. Mom loved it and I didn't fall asleep, so I have to give it 2 thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Christine
10-06-2012, 07:33 AM
We just made the very hard decision to take our 14 year old dog in next week to have him put down, so I'm pretty sure this movie will not be on our watching list any time soon. Even though I know it is the right decision, even the commercials about the dog are making me tear up.

I am so sorry to hear this :(
The love of a fur baby is just magnificent, and to me it is a cruel life fact that they cannot live the duration of our lives with us.

Hugs and prayers to you for your loss.

Janmac
10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
My niece took her DD (7 yr) and her DBF and his nephew (5 yr) to see the movie last night. I asked her this morning how was it, and she said the kids liked it.

:D

Her DD does not like black and gray movies (as she calls them) but she did like the movie. As did the five year old.

The 7 yr old liked Frankenweenie better than Hotel Transylvania. She said she'd love to watch it again.

Jan

arbie_c
10-06-2012, 04:48 PM

I am so sorry. I've had to make that decision a few times and I know how difficult it is even when you know it's the right thing to do. They just add so much to our lives. Prayers & hugs going out to you.

Laura