PDA

View Full Version : Apologies in Advance

Melanie
10-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I want to go ahead and apologize for my certain confusion when I meet everyone. Between everyone's twitter handle, username on these boards and their real name on Facebook, I'm going to be SO confused! :blush:

I am trying to study up though! :thumbsup:

figgie
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I think we will all be in the same boat on this one. I apologize in advance also! :confused:

AgentC
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Me too! We are going to need multi line names tags. :D

SBETigg
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, we're all going to be confused so no need for apologies (though we will probably be apologizing to each other all weekend- oh wait, we've met? Oh wait, that's your username?) It's bound to be confusing. I'll try to be memorable by saying something inappropriate that I will regret later (I seem to always do that). :blush:

Dsnygirl
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!! I am going to need a cheat sheet!! :blush:

John
10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
All Staff will have lanyards with both Real Name and Screen name - same as seen in the forthcoming APP minus the photos - cause - well - you'll be in person ;)

Dopey's Girl
10-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Maybe we need to add that to the Easy Names list thread we have going.

Hi my name is Meg, aka Dopey's Girl here, MnMegK on Twitter and Meg Kromer on Facebook and FourSquare. To any of you that have friended me on FourSquare or Twitter, let me know if you want to do FB too, I'm always up for more friends!

SBETigg
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I haven't joined foursquare yet. Does it automatically check you in to places or do you have to do that? I don't always want people to know where I am. I mean in life, not during our meet (in which, of course I want you to find me).

Melanie
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Geez, I forgot about Foursquare. LOL!

I haven't joined foursquare yet. Does it automatically check you in to places or do you have to do that? I don't always want people to know where I am. I mean in life, not during our meet (in which, of course I want you to find me).

It's manual, thank goodness!

All my names are either Melanie or Melanie Bounds, so I'm easy. ;)

BriarRose0708
10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I had a hard time keeping everyone straight at the last meet and that was BEFORE Twitter, instagram, FourSquare, etc. I remember meeting people and introducing ourselves by screen names instead of real names. "Hi I'm Carol, PolyGirl. This is Michael, he's NotAGeek."

But that's ok, the name tags are really helpful. Will non-staff have them this year too? I remember getting a sticker last time.

Edit- I got freaked out by the title of this post, I thought there was bad news that the meet was cancelled or something!

Jared
10-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm just worried that I will forget everybody I met five years ago! If we have met already, and I forget who you are, please don't be offended!

BrerGnat
10-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh gosh, I am the WORST of the worst when it comes to remembering people's names. Seriously. When I meet people, I swear, it sounds like "Hi, my name is blehrgrahhh." I don't even HEAR the name the first time, usually. I have to immediately ask, "what was your name?" and act like I'm hard of hearing. It's so bad...

Nametags. Nametags are good. :blush:

John
10-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Will do our best on the non staff. Lots to do and little time to do it!

Melanie
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Mine's not so much being confused by a person's real name, I'm just scared I'm not going to make the connection to the other names I might know you better by (specifically Twitter, since I'm so active on there).

I'll meet Meg and know that Dopey's Girl has been super active here on INTERCOT forever (since the server fund drive at least!) and then later back at the room it will hit me - OH, MnMegK, who is also active on Twitter and a podcast listener! :blush:

Just an example Meg, cause I won't forget you. ;)

Ten years ago, no problem remembering all this. And now I'm in my 40s and well..... :D

Dsnygirl
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh gosh, I am the WORST of the worst when it comes to remembering people's names. Seriously. When I meet people, I swear, it sounds like "Hi, my name is blehrgrahhh." I don't even HEAR the name the first time, usually. I have to immediately ask, "what was your name?" and act like I'm hard of hearing. It's so bad...

Nametags. Nametags are good. :blush:

Natalie, if you're the WORST, then you have a partner... I am SO bad!! I ALWAYS have to ask Dan, "What was their name?" and if he isn't with me... then it's, "Hi! How are you?" and just hope that something they say will give me a clue..... :blush:

Thankfully, there are a bunch of you I remember well from the 10th... just hoping I can cement all the new names in, too!!

I'm Dsnygirl here and on Twitter... Blythe on FourSquare... so pretty straightforward.

Sherri, I joined FourSquare just so I can "check in" at all the cool places when we're down there... and then realized it's kinda like a game, unlocking badges for how often you are somewhere, or a certain "type" of place, like a pub or a coffeehouse... now it's become a bit of a fun new addiction, although I'm not sure how long it will last after we get home!! ;)

AgentC
10-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Natalie, if you're the WORST, then you have a partner... I am SO bad!! I ALWAYS have to ask Dan, "What was their name?" and if he isn't with me... then it's, "Hi! How are you?" and just hope that something they say will give me a clue..... :blush:

I'll join the two of you. I've always been bad with names. :(

I haven't joined FourSquare yet, I manage to waste enough time between here, Twitter and Facebook. I'm not sure I can handle any more. :D

I'm Cindy Jachrimo on everything except Intercot.

VWL Mom
10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I wish I wear in all your shoes having to worry about keeping the names straight. Instead, I'll be home, knowing my name, and pouting that I couldn't join in on the fun :(

Melanie
10-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't joined FourSquare yet, I manage to waste enough time between here, Twitter and Facebook. I'm not sure I can handle any more. :D

I miss Gowalla! They had the coolest 'badges' and 'levels', then they completely changed it and made it into more of a 'tell a story with your check-ins' app. So weird! I saw so many complaints and people giving it up, including myself.

I do like Foursquare and getting deals/coupons at some of the places I check in. Nice perk!

SBETigg
10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I do like Foursquare and getting deals/coupons at some of the places I check in. Nice perk!

There are deals? I'm signing up. But like Cindy, I'm worried about time. I also have a Tumblr. I'm updating my website. I have two FB sites to keep track of (a profile and a page). Twitter. I haven't even attempted linked in. I think I still have a Myspace I never use (myspace, hahaha). It's getting crazy, but fun. I'm Sherri Erwin or Sherri Browning Erwin on everything but here.

figgie
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
I wasn't able to make the 10 year meet but I was at the 5 year one, who else was there? I probably have you in my pictures that I keep looking at and saying, "Now who is that?" I don't even know what foursquare is and I have never even tweeted so this will be interesting... You are who?...over and over and over...:confused:

Tink1
10-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm just worried that I will forget everybody I met five years ago! If we have met already, and I forget who you are, please don't be offended!

DITTO!

Last time I did not recognize Jeanne, I was soooo embarrassed

Nanc

Patricia
10-04-2012, 05:16 PM
figgie, I was at the 5 year meet.. but my hair was blond. On Twitter I'm kabana0. Like Melanie, I miss the old gowalla.

coloradowendyl
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Melanie,

You do realize all future discounted rates will depend on you remembering my name, right?:funny:

Especially since you have a description of what to look for: the exhausted woman snoring on the nearby bench!

Wendy

disneydeb
10-04-2012, 06:03 PM
OH MAN, I wish I could go!

Melanie
10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Last time I did not recognize Jeanne, I was soooo embarrassed

I wish Jeanne would stop by and say hi! :(

Melanie,

You do realize all future discounted rates will depend on you remembering my name, right?:funny:

Especially since you have a description of what to look for: the exhausted woman snoring on the nearby bench!

LOVE! LOL! Girlfriend, you will NOT be allowed to sleep. After all, you have to be on the phone working out all those Disney Visa discounts. ;)

Speaking of which, is everyone coming from MJ? Who's having to stay home and mind the store? :(

Tink1
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Everyone except Debbie is able to come.

BUT, We are doing it as a working trip as usual! We will be answering emails, quoting new trips, making changes etc - same as always.

If a discount releases or Disney pulls a different stunt, we will be in our rooms on the phone and computers. Our clients take precedence over everything else.

No rest for the weary.

Nanc

Melanie
10-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Our clients take precedence over everything else.

And that's why we all love Magical Journey's! :thumbsup:

coloradowendyl
10-04-2012, 06:57 PM
BUT, We are doing it as a working trip as usual! We will be answering emails, quoting new trips, making changes etc - same as always.

If a discount releases or Disney pulls a different stunt, we will be in our rooms on the phone and computers. Our clients take precedence over everything else.

No rest for the weary.

Visual from Intercot 10: Nanc and I in jammies, reading glasses, head sets, laptops, router (pre wifi days), client files all over room, cell phones with door open to get reception, breakfast of champion (red twizzlers and diet pepsi)...working like bandits and in walks a client who came to visit us!

It was then posted that someone felt we could launch the Nasa Space Shuttle from our room based on all of the electronics we had stashed there!

This year....I will be dressed before working! No one really needs to see my hot pink/lime green tink jammies unless absolutely necessary!

Wendy

NJGIRL
10-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Well I will make it easy for everyone. I am NJGIRL on INTERCOT and my name is Rita. I am not on Twitter or Four Squares or anything else! :D

Imalismom
10-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Wait a minute.. I have another name besides Imalismom :thumbsup: really?

I've introduced myself as Alis Mom for almost 20 years now.. I don't go by anything else LOL!:secret:

Dopey's Girl
10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
And that's why we all love Magical Journey's! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Katzateer
10-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!! I am going to need a cheat sheet!! :blush:

:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-05-2012, 09:46 AM

We'll have to send Debbie some extra virtual hugs ... she takes such great care of me!

dpamac
10-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Melanie,

Wendy

I'll never forget you Wendy! Plus I have to tell you all about how I fell in love with Colorado and want to be your neighbor.

Ed
10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
No apologies from me. :nono:

I've got the perfect excuse - I'm :old:

:cool:

coloradowendyl
10-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey Gary,

Plus I have to tell you all about how I fell in love with Colorado and want to be your neighbor.

Happy to fill you in! Of course today with the "S" word in the forcast, you may change your mind!

Wendy

Hammer
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM
All Staff will have lanyards with both Real Name and Screen name - same as seen in the forthcoming APP minus the photos - cause - well - you'll be in person ;)

Ah, but what about the staff members with the same name? There will still be confusion as we have 2 Christine's on staff. I think only 1 Jeff will be at the meet, or that would have been interesting too (we have 3 moderators named Jeff, for those who don't know) :) .

My greatest fear as well, Jared! I figure you have totally changed in 5 years!

No rest for the weary.

Nanc

So sad Debbie won't be there :(. We live less than an hour apart and I have never gotten to meet my personal MJ agent. I love all of you, though!

I remember how it was 5 years ago for you ladies. What hotel is Command Central this year?

Dsnygirl
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
We'll have to send Debbie some extra virtual hugs ... she takes such great care of me!

Ditto!! :cloud9:

Tink1
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I remember how it was 5 years ago for you ladies. What hotel is Command Central this year?

We are actually spread out this year. Most are at PORS or POFQ

N

Buttercup
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah totally... I'll need lots of space on my nametag:

HELLO MY NAME IS
Carolyn
a.k.a. "Buttercup"
@InBloomPhoto

Y'all can just remember my name by thinking of John & Ian singing "WHY DO YOU BUILD ME UP, BUTTERCUP" on the podcast! :)

Dsnygirl
10-06-2012, 02:52 AM
My DH had a hilarious idea... he said we should all print out our avatar and put it on a stick, and hold it up in front of our face... he figures we'd all know each other much better that way.... :funny:

dlpmikki
10-06-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm dlpmikki on here and twitter. Real name Mikki Young on Facebook and (I think) foursquare (that I just joined today).

If you meet me I'll explain the dlp bit but you may be able to guess it!

I have an app on my smartfone that may be worth trying out at the meet - it's called hello and you can take pictures and record details of who you meet and where. This could try it out with a vengeance!

Katzateer
10-06-2012, 07:06 AM
My DH had a hilarious idea... he said we should all print out our avatar and put it on a stick, and hold it up in front of our face... he figures we'd all know each other much better that way.... :funny:

Dopey's Girl
10-06-2012, 08:20 AM

That is hilarious Blythe! That would be a great ride photo!!

TikiGoddess
10-06-2012, 09:06 AM
For the 10th ICOT meet, I made a name tag with my name and screen name, about the size of a luggage tag. If I find the template for it, I'll post it. It worked well and lasted longer than the sticker-name-tags.

Kathy

John
10-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I have an official template somewhere - I'll look around for it but like I said - we should be able to provide name tags both as stickers and blinky HELLO MY NAME IS pins.

That being said - everyone will be getting a lanyard that will have a resealable clear pouch. You'll be able to put something business card sized in there with your info on it if you want (besides park tickets/room keys etc).

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know what y'all are worried about--it will be a breeze to remember names! On that note, my INTERCOT name is MNNHFLTX and my real name is...um.....hmm, I'll have to get back to you on that. :shrug:

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't know what y'all are worried about--it will be a breeze to remember names! On that note, my INTERCOT name is MNNHFLTX and my real name is...um.....hmm, I'll have to get back to you on that. :shrug:
Okay, I checked my signature and it's Beth! BethWaterm on Twitter. :D

Dsnygirl
10-06-2012, 04:38 PM

Okay, I checked my signature and it's Beth! BethWaterm on Twitter. :D

:rotfl:

Mousefever
10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I think I'm just going to hang around with someone who is more detail-oriented and well-informed than I am. Oh Kaaaaatthhyyy!

Amy