PDA

View Full Version : Arrest at AKL...

figgie
10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Quite a ruckus at Animal Kingdom Lodge last night as a former houskeeper, woman age 34, was arrested on charges of stalking and child neglect. She was apparently upset that a housekeeper still working at AKL was giving a ride home to her boyfriend and she thought something was going on between them. She actually took a cab to the resort with her child. Left the child in the lobby to watch tv and went off to find the other lady to confront her. Just reminds us all that even at Disney, we are just dealing with regular human beings working there and though we most often have wonderful memories of our CMs, they are still just people and keep aware of that!

Mendelson
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Darn that Rosita....if I've told her once I've told her a million times, Angelina and I are JUST FRIENDS! :shake:

laprana
10-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Yikes! I hate it when the real world creeps into Disney World!

Darn that Rosita....if I've told her once I've told her a million times, Angelina and I are JUST FRIENDS! :shake:

:funny:

BTW, Mendelson - I love the quote in your signature! Naddafinga!

faline
10-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Such a sad situation - particularly for the child involved.

CosmicRay
10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I wonder how old the child was. Does anyone know if it said in the article? Just wondering if it was a 2 or 3 year old or an 8 or 9 year old.

figgie
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
The child was a little girl, age 5. Sounds like the woman was also charged with cyber stalking. Just so sad.

Mousemates
10-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Just reminds us all that even at Disney, we are just dealing with regular human beings working there and though we most often have wonderful memories of our CMs, they are still just people and keep aware of that!

I hate it not only for the little girl, but also for all the families who had to deal with this kind of drama on a vacation that was supposed to be an escape from the "real world."

seanyred
10-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I was staying at AKL at that time. I had no idea this happened but we were also at MNSSHP at the time.

BugeyedMuggy
10-06-2012, 09:49 AM
We are here now and were here on the 3rd and heard nothing going on either. It is very sad for the little girl that her mom couldn't act like an adult and put her daughters needs first.

Terra
10-07-2012, 03:08 PM
We are here now and were here on the 3rd and heard nothing going on either. It is very sad for the little girl that her mom couldn't act like an adult and put her daughters needs first.

Agreed. I hope that little girl finds some stability in her young life.

DisneyDawgette
10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Agreed. I hope that little girl finds some stability in her young life.

Yeah, me too! Unfortunately, the current foster system may not offer much reprieve. Here's to hoping she has some responsible family member or friend who can take her in! :(