PDA

View Full Version : A few day's in WDW is better than no days in WDW trip report Chapter 1: Arrival

EpcotChic23
10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Cast of Charters
Me: 33 years old young. Huge WDW and Epcot fan. My birthday was the beginning of September and this was my birthday gift from DH.

DH: 36 years old/young. He tries his best to keep up with me but it’s hard. This was my birthday gift from him to me.

Hotel:CR

Dates: 9/30-10-3

Arrival Day:
We had a late flight out of Newark NJ. DD (3 years old) was staying home for this trip with my folks and we wanted to spend as much time with her before we left. Our flight was for 5:40pm. After I dropped off DD at my parents we waited for my in laws to bring us to the airport. They got to our house on time and by 2:30pm we were on our way. On our way there we got a message from United our flight was going to be 20 min. late. Okay no biggie. Went through security with no problems and went to grab a starbucks. We walk to our gate. As soon as we get there they change our gate to the other side of terminal C. We get to our correct gate and they are boarding the flight before ours. We went to get dinner. It still says we are leaving at 6 but it is not possible. Our plane is going to land from TX at 5:45. They eventually update our time and continue to do so for r 2 hrs!! We finally take off around 7:30. Now DH and I are getting worried b/c we checked in our baggage for ME. They only pick up luggage until 10 pm. We land at 9:40 pm. Us and another family starting asking MCO staff if our luggage will get picked up by Disney or should we get it. She nicely said the rule is as long as the plane touches down before 10 they will get it. She also said she will call the ME area to inform them our plane landed. We walked through a very empty/ quiet airport. Everything was closed. We checked in for ME and walked right on a waiting bus. We waited 20-30 min. for more people to join then we are off. I felt so bad with families with little kids on the bus. Most of them were asleep in their parent’s arms.

We first stopped at POFQ, then WL, and then the CR. We walked off with another family. It was so quiet in the lobby it was borderline eerie. At this time it was a little after 11.

Here is the back-story of why we are staying at the CR. Around 6 years ago we stayed here with our family. We were in the wing which is now BLT. At around 3am the fire alarm went off. Everyone exited the building. No staff member ever came out to tell us if it was safe to go back in to wait. I walked over to the front desk and complained. A couple of weeks later I got a free night in the mail. With the current discount they were offering paying for 2 nights plus one free was just a little more if we paid for 3 nights in a moderate. So back o present day. I did the online checking. We paid for garden wing and request 1st floor. The gentlemen behind the desk said are you okay not staying on the first floor. I said of course it’s not a problem. At this moment I just wanted to go to bed. He said well because we have you on the 10th floor. My DH and I are half a sleep but that woke us up. We took the evaluator up to the 10th floor found our room and of course the keys don’t work. So DH goes back to the front desk and comes back up with the CM with new keys. He apologizes he said they must have cut our keys early in the day and since we got in so late they must have gotten voided. At this time I don’t even know what side of the CR I was on. Our keys worked and we walked in and our jaws dropped. We were facing Cinderella’s castle. Which was green/orange because the Halloween party was going on? Talk about a million dollar view. I can lie in my bed and fall asleep staring at the castle.
At this time we look for something to eat. Well guess what NOTHING is open past midnight at the CR. You can’t even fill your mug they close down everything. It was 12:06 and my DH needed food/drink to take his meds. The monorail was running to 1 am that day. We have been staying at the Poly the last couple of years and we know their counter service is open 24hrs. Do DH hoped on the monorail to get food/drink at the Poly. He got back at 1. Our luggage was still not here. We called the front desk and they told us it would arrive at 130. At this time I had a mild meltdown b/c I was over tired and I was blaming United on everything. Our luggage showed up at 1:30 and we were asleep by 2am. Tomorrow has to be a better day…..and it is its Epcot’s 30th bday!
:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
10-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Nice upgrade!!!

I hate late flights for just that reason, it always seems so much harder to get food and get settled when you don't get there early enough!

Can't wait to read more.

faline
10-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Being overtired can make one grumpy - hope all is better after a good nights sleep!

What a terrific upgrade!! I'm sure you'll enjoy this room!!

yjgirl32
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
What an awesome upgrade!!!! Sorry about your flight being so late.

princessgirls
10-06-2012, 12:11 AM
A good nights sleep and waking up to Cinderella's castle will cure all that ails you!!!

Life is good at CR!!!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
10-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2012, 07:17 AM
What an exhausting first day.

DisneyorBust
10-11-2012, 03:50 PM
What a rough start to your vacation. Except for that upgrade, that is just fantastic! I'm sure once you get some much needed sleep your trip will be all that you expected it to be,

pdrlkr
10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: