PDA

View Full Version : AoA

Katzateer
10-04-2012, 09:16 AM
A friend at work just got back from AoA. She really liked the resort (and I think that says a lot since she normally stays in the luxury or DVC resort rooms.

She liked the food court, the decor and can't wait to take her son to a cars suite. (She has 2 young kids and this trip she just went with her mom for 3 nights)

Loved the shower curtains in the gift shop but didn't want to pay $100 for one.

Also, as others have said, it is a long walk from the Mermaid section to the main building and bus stop. Better get my hiking boots out since I will be there in less than a month.:thumbsup::mickey:

faline
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I've really got to take a look at this resort!

AgentC
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I stayed in the Mermaid rooms last weekend. I'll try to put a review up today. They are the furthest rooms but I really didn't find the walk to be too bad. Took me less than 5 minutes at a brisk pace. Probably would have taken 10 if I had my kids with me. :D

Mary Poppins
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
We are booked in a Cars Suite for our weekend trip in 2 weeks. Our 3 year old son is a huge Cars fan. He'll love it! Cant wait to check out the new resort :mickey:

Roger's #1 Fan
10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm curious to know if the buses are able to handle the resort at capacity. When we were there in August, Lion King was just opening and the food court and bus service was great.

Wondering if things have gotten crowded with the full resort now open.

AgentC
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm curious to know if the buses are able to handle the resort at capacity. When we were there in August, Lion King was just opening and the food court and bus service was great.

Wondering if things have gotten crowded with the full resort now open.

I only stayed one night, so I'm not sure. I took the bus to MK Saturday morning a little before 9. There were people waiting and I had to stand but it wasn't super full. I took the bus back from Epcot around 2. Again it came right up and was about 1/2 full. I did not take it at park close.

Katzateer
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
My friend said the buses were great! She was there 3 nights and I know they didn't have a car.

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
This place is sounding better and better. Don't have to go there this trip because my youngest is only 1. But future trips will require a suite, and I can't wait to try this place on for size.

DisneyorBust
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Trying AoA for the first time next month, can't wait! I have been reading so many good reviews for this resort, especially the food court. Now just to survive the wait......

Lindsey310
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Yes it is a long walk. Little mermaid rooms are the farthest from the main pool and eating area. It's quite a hike. But it will be an enjoyable one with all the adorable theming all over the resort. Have a great time :pixie:

Food court is great!! Excellent choices and the breakfast was delicious :eat: