PDA

View Full Version : Merida Makes Trip Magical -- Day Two

MrPeetrie
10-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Hollywood Studios.

We didn't get an early start because I felt like I have been pretty hard on us regarding schedules the previous two days. So we slept in...a bit, then ate breakfast at Sassagoula's. (I had the croissant sandwich. Delicious!)

We arrived at Disney's Hollywood Studios around 9:45 and went straight down Sunset Blvd. While my wife and DD9 got in standby line for Tower of Terror (25 min.), I strolled over with DS2 (in stroller, hehe) to Rock 'n Rollercoaster and got two FastPasses. (DW can't take the G-force start.)

We got child-swap tickets for TOT, but DD9 kind of got sheepish and didn't want to ride it a second time that quickly. So, we shopped a bit, then she and I used our FastPasses for RnRC.

When we got off, we had just enough time to go across the park and see the Indiana Jones Show. (They didn't do the effect where the man "appears" to be shredded by the propeller, but really drops through a trap door.) Since we have a young one, that means diaper bags, toy bags, toys scattered everywhere, crawling under benches to retrieve toys, stuff like that. So, instead of trying to be quick on the exit, we hang around and take our time leaving. That worked out really well, because we got to take pictures with Indiana Jones. My DD9 got her picture taken, holding the Golden Icon.

My son became an Indiana Jones fan that day so we bought him a WDW Racer Indiana Jones car before heading to lunch -- 50s Prime Time Cafe. That is one of our favorite places to eat. I had the fried chicken, the second best fried chicken on property. (I would have the best the following evening.)

Anyone who has eaten there knows the wait staff is just as important as the meal and our waitress (big sister) was great!'

"Everything ok?"
"I can use another Coke," I answered.
"Well, I can use a million dollars, but you get what you get."

We're still laughing about that one.

We were only going to be at DHS for a half day before taking the boat to Epcot, but we never seemed to get into sync. Everytime we tried to get to an attraction my son could watch, he'd either need a diaper change or he'd be asleep. Or he'd be asleep, needing a diaper change. Our mojo was off.

My daughter and I managed to do Star Tours 2 twice and Muppetvision 3D once during one snooze session. He finally woke up and we made the last show at Playhouse Disney. No Toy Story Mania this trip.

Since we were there so late, we decided to stay and see Fantasmic. The atmosphere was electric. The pre-show was fun. (This is one show where I'm just as excited sitting on the bleachers BEFORE the show as I am during the show.) My DS2 really enjoyed it, too.

After the show, we stayed and talked to another family with kids. There was also a young couple in front of us with "JUST ENGAGED" pins, and we kept teasing them about what they have to look forward to.

We went in Villains in Vogue, but couldn't find anything good. So we hopped on our bus and stopped in Sassagoula's...again!

Tubbies. Brush teeth. Story. Squish. Another day was over.

hoop de do
10-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Sounds like another sleep in tomorrow.
Keep the reports coming.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
10-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Despite the "mojo" being off, it seems like you had another great day in DHS.

MrPeetrie
10-04-2012, 07:16 AM
DisneyorBust, we did have another great day!

yjgirl32
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Great report and I too love 50's Prime Time. Great place.

faline
10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
How nice that your got a pictue with Indiana Jones! Fun day!

pdrlkr
10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
10-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Love your report! Having a little boy myself, I have experienced much of what you described. The waitress you had at 50's Prime Time sounds hilarious!