PDA

View Full Version : How is Sunshine Seasons?

Gator
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I've never been here on 6 trips - mainly because I like eating from other countries. But the menu I've seen has my curiosity piqued. Is the quality/quantity good here, or should I stick with the World Showcase?

faline
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
We hadn't eaten there in quite some time but had lunch there on our last trip. The food was good but the lines and the ordering process can be a bit confusing and the dining area somewhat chaotic.

SBETigg
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
What Linda said. The quality is good, but it can be a little confusing/chaotic. I'd always avoided it for the same reasons as you, I prefer World Showcase. But actually, the food is really quite good and there's a nice healthy variety. I recommend giving it a try for something new to you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm one of the few people who DON'T seem to like Sunshine Seasons.

We've tried a couple of times, and there is some "different" stuff, but we've had horrible service, and even trying to make a small change (like not adding cheese to a dish that was being "put together" right before us) was met with a harsh "no, we don't make any modifications".

epceddie
10-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Eating there is always one of the highlights of our trip. We like all of the different choices and my wife loves the creme brulee they serve. We always make it a point to get two fastpasses for Soarin on our way out and give them away to a couple as we're leaving.

Awesome_guy
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I like Sunshine Seasons and have done it each trip. Admittedly, I like the "feel" and era represented by The Land pavilion... right down to the balloons floating above. Some points:

Actually has CS hot breakfast (the only, if not, among the few in Epcot).
For meals outside of breakfast if paying out of pocket: don't get the side and save some money. The sides are tiny, and shown in each of the pictured meals, and cost extra (not indicated). Save for a snack later on, instead.

princessgirls
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
It is one of my favorite counter services. Good variety, and the desserts are awesome here!

Julie:mickey:

darthmacho
10-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Based on visits on our past two trips, Sumshine Seasons is now my favorite counter-serve in all of WDW! My kids agree too!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm one of the few people who DON'T seem to like Sunshine Seasons.

We've tried a couple of times, and there is some "different" stuff, but we've had horrible service, and even trying to make a small change (like not adding cheese to a dish that was being "put together" right before us) was met with a harsh "no, we don't make any modifications".

We also didn't care for it and prefer World Showcase

Mousemates
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
We like it for an early lunch and it is actually one of the few counter service places we go to with any regularity at epcot.

#1donaldfan
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
It's a great place to eat and to people watch while you're eating.....big selection, good food...can't go wrong.:cool:

Tigerinvestigator
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
We love it. The pork chop that I got there in July was the best counter service meal of the trip.:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I like it. They have a good variety and several healthier options. It does tend to be crowded, but we just try to eat a little earlier or later than usual meal times.

BrerGnat
10-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I have a Love/Hate relationship with Sunshine Seasons.

I hate that it's the only decent place to eat in Future World, but I love that it's close to all the future world attractions.

I much prefer World Showcase CS dining options, but often, I get lazy and wind up at SS. :blush:

I like the variety, but have found that more than one food item I've had there has been seriously lacking in flavor. The desserts have been consistently good, but I've had mixed results with most of the other stuff (specifically the Asian foods and the Rotisserie meals...pork chop and chicken).

It is one of the 2 places in Epcot where my son can get Macaroni and Cheese to eat, so for that reason alone, we go there.

bruin1344
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
It's a great place to eat and to people watch while you're eating.....big selection, good food...can't go wrong.:cool:

my thoughts exactly

mom2morgan
10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Eating there is always one of the highlights of our trip. We like all of the different choices and my wife loves the creme brulee they serve. We always make it a point to get two fastpasses for Soarin on our way out and give them away to a couple as we're leaving.

What a sweet idea! I wish we had thought to do that!

Gator
10-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Based on visits on our past two trips, Sumshine Seasons is now my favorite counter-serve in all of WDW! My kids agree too!

That's why I'm asking about it. I love food from WS, but my kids, OK my son, can be a little picky. But SS might be the answer for him.