PDA

View Full Version : NEW info on GF Spa and SS spa

littleolliesmom
10-03-2012, 02:43 PM
If you havent heard, I just wanted to let you guys know that all the spas on Disney property are going to be operated by Disney now. They were being operated by a third party. Since the GF spa has closed, they are completely remodeling the spa. So it will be completely brand new and beautiful. Also, I'm very excited about this, Disney will be taking over and running the spas. No more third party company! Disney had been getting so many complaints about the spa customer service that they decided to end their contract with them and run everything themselves. This means NEW staff, new menu new everything! Im a massge therapist and have applied for the GF spa and hope to be working there soon. They said it would reopen before christmas. Once the GF spa is up and running they will be closing down Saratoga Springs spa for a remodel as well and hire all new staff. They want both spas to provide exceptional service. So remember if you had a horrible experience before, things will be different. I will post any new information I hear. When they will be taking appointments, new menu offerings and if I got the job!

SBETigg
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I had excellent service before, no problems with it. I don't mind change, though. Best wishes with your job opportunity.

brownie
10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Have to treat this as a rumor at this point since there's been no announcement from Disney or Niki Bryan Spas about any change in management of the spas and there's no news reporting on this outside one fan site.

The only spa job postings listed on the Disney careers site are for Aulani in Hawaii.

littleolliesmom
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Actually it's not a rumor. I'm a massage therapist who interviewed there yesterday. They had over 400 applicants and have been testing us all week on our skill. The information I posted came straight from the corporate director. We begin training in November for opening in December. There are no career posts for GF because they took them down. They were there for 3 weeks in September asking for massage therapists, nail techs and estheticians. They are going to fully operate the spas from now on.