PDA

View Full Version : Twins Disney Trip September 2012 - Highs and Lows

Dragongirlx
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
This is a trip myself and sister took from the 2nd to the 16th September. It has been 2 years since we were last at the world so we were missing it greatly.

I was going to do daily reports but the thought of writing them for 14 days seemed a little daunting so I have just decided to write the highs and lows instead.
Separate reports are available in the dining section for both our counter service and table service reviews.

Highlights

Wilderness Lodge – I love this hotel. Our room was on the 6th floor near the front but there was rarely any noise and we could faintly here the wilderness lodge music which played on the walk to the bus stop which was kind of cool. We also got one of the refurbished rooms. I especially loved the Disney character tiles in the shower and the cushions with chip and dale on.

Cast members – apart from one server in via napoli every cast member was lovely. There were some that just seemed to go out of there way to help. Special mentions to the server at Tony’s, the CM’s at the emporium and Mouse gears, the guys at the stand selling drinks next to the Rose and Crown and the lovely lady at roaring forks who was at the till every morning, also every cast member at POTC – really got into the spirit and my sister and I were included in jokes on many occasions as we are both redheads which was fun.

Enchanted Tales with Belle – we were one of the lucky few who got to test this. I practically dragged my sister across when they announced it after philharmagic. The whole experience was wonderful, especially the bit were you step through into the castle. The little boy who was in line in front of us got to be the beast and he had the biggest roar. He was really sweet and the whole thing was great fun. Just wish I could have tested the little mermaid ride as well.

The food – The majority of food was lovely, so much so I put on 3 pounds. Apart from one bad meal and one bad dessert there was nothing I didn’t enjoy – even if there was too much of it sometimes.

The adult beverages:marg: – tried for the first time a green apple sake cocktail and it was lovely. Also tried it in pineapple – quite nice and orange (yuk) but it was lovely and I would recommend it. Also tried a couple of new frozen margarita’s (pomegranate in Epcot and Golden margarita in HS). Also still love the grand marnier drink in France and the Strongbow in the UK. I know I can drink that here but its nicer when its hot and sunny and I am relaxed.

British Revolution - I never really liked the British Invasion even though I love Beatles music but we stopped to listen to the British Revolution and thought they were great. Wide variety of music from The Who to Oasis and it was all great (apart from anything by Wings Yuk!). Went to quite a few of their shows and really enjoyed them.

The World Showcase Players – Now only playing in the UK but we were the first group to see them do Romeo and Edna which they told us they haven’t done for 2 years. It was really good and very funny, also enjoyed the Holy Grail show.

Off Kilter :thumbsup:– these guys rock and I love them. Enjoyed the two guys playing the fiddle too very cool.

MNSSHP :bat::mpumpkin:– Now this is quite expensive but for me well worth it. I love the trick or treat line and seeing what candy you get is fun especially as there are lots of different ones from the stuff you get in the UK, The parade is excellent, the villains mix and mingle is great and Hallowishes is the best fireworks display.

The Jammin Jungle Parade – this parade always seems just a little better to me and my sister. The characters seem to go out of their way to interact with the audience (and not just the kids) and we enjoy it every time we see it.

Merchandise – last time we went it was all very generic and it was the same thing in every park, hotel and down town Disney. This year we found lots of new things and there was more resort specific merchandise available in WL. It was quite cool and we got lots of good presents for our family – my dad particularly loved his turkey leg air freshener.

Merida – We were in MK on a particularly wet day but the Merida meet and greet was still running however no one was at it. The cast member practically dragged my sister and I in to see her and I was glad he did. She loved that we were both red heads and that we were from Scotland. Lots of Quality time was spent and we came away feeling special. Every other time we went by this meet and greet it was mobbed.

Lowlights

Off Kilter – yes this is in both. We love off kilter and were sad to see that Jamie wasn’t at any of the performances. Miss those bagpipes. We did find out that he was actually away tending to his farm but while the performances were good it wasn’t the same without him.

UK Pavilion – Every time we come this pavilion seems to become more the English Pavilion and less the UK Pavilion. A lot of the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish merchandise was gone, including the antenna toppers. There was some Irish Merchandise but it was things from the Republic of Ireland which isn’t part of the UK. I took part in a survey while there and I made sure this was mentioned. Please Disney can this pavilion represent all parts of the UK and not just England!

Torontopolitans – or rather the lack of them. They have disappeared from the little cart by Le Cellier. Not sure when this happened but the listing on the carts menu had been covered by a slip of paper so I am thinking they haven’t been gone that long. I would like them back please.

Insects – My fault for not bringing the insect repellent but every bug in Disney world decided to take a bite out of me and as I am allergic they all swelled up and itched like crazy. I had antihistamine cream but was left with bare legs with horrible looking bites for most of the trip. That will teach me to remember the repellent in future.

Going Home – sob! :( Never mind I can come back next year:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm glad you had a pretty good trip!

And thanks for the heads-up about the insects ... I don't always think to pack the bug spray.

SBETigg
10-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Bugs always get me at home, but have never bothered me in Disney. Maybe I'll pack some precautionary repellent for my trip in case. But sounds like you had a lovely time, with lots of World Showcase. I love World Showcase! Thanks for reporting.

KylesMom
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Ruth, I can't believe it's been two years since your last trip - time sure does fly! Wonderful to hear that CMs were stellar, and that your stay at WL was a grand one. You guys always have a great time, and it sounds like this trip didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing the many highs - and the few lows with us! :mickey:

January-2007
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks so much for reporting! We have fond memories of "Romeo and Edna" from our Honeymoon.

faline
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I remember your reports from your last trip well! Has it really been two years ago?!!

You clearly had a wonderful time on this most recent trip! Thanks for reporting!!

yjgirl32
10-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Loved reading your reports- very helpful. Thanks for sharing

Dragongirlx
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks Everyone

It really has been two years since we were last at the world. No way am I leaving it that long in future.

Remembered a couple more highlights

Star Tours - My twin sister got picked to be the rebel spy twice on star tours. She thought it was the best thing ever.

Laugh Floor - despite my sister trying really hard to get picked for this by laughing loudly and joing in with gusto (she will deny this) I got picked to participate with Buudy Boyle when he does his mind reading trick. Then on the way out of the park we got stopped by a mother and a little girl because the girl recognised us from the show and wanted to say hello to one of the stars. It was cool to be recognised

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the report sounds wonderful