PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Festivities 11/12/12 - 01/06/13

tinkwest
10-02-2012, 02:27 PM
:tree: Here’s a look at what’s in store this year! :deer:

At Disney California Adventure park:

Buena Vista Street will be decked out in vintage-style ornaments and décor.
In Cars Land, each address along Route 66 – Flo’s V-8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, the Cozy Cone Motel, Luigi’s Casa della Tires – will feature holiday decorations reflecting the personality of the “Cars” character who lives there.
New wintertime fun will rock the night at Mad T Party.
Returning favorites will include “a bug’s land” holiday decor and “Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party: Holiday Edition.”

At Disneyland park:

Santa’s Holly Jolly Jamboree in Big Thunder Ranch is where Disneyland park guests can meet Santa Claus and participate in games, music and crafts.
Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performances from December 3-20 will be open to Annual Passholders and guests who book select dining packages. Follow details in this thread. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=193884)
Returning favorites include: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, “it’s a small world” holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

tinkwest
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
from the Disney Parks Blog:
Once again, Santa and Mrs. Claus are making the trip down from the North Pole to enjoy a special visit with everyone at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. But this year there’ll be more fun than ever as they play host to the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, starting November 12!

It’s a jolly holiday spot filled with Disney characters, music, games, crafts and seasonal entertainment for the whole family. At the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, you’ll be able to enjoy some of Mrs. Claus’s tasty treats and try your hand at Reindeer Games like “Wreath Around the Antlers” or “Pass the Presents.” When Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies take to the stage, expect holiday tunes with a humorous twist and maybe even a singalong.

Of course, the Jingle Jangle Jamboree is also the place in Disneyland park where youngsters can meet Santa Claus himself and whisper their hearts’ desires into his ear, right up until he departs on Christmas Eve. When Santa visits the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, you’ll find him in a place of honor alongside a sparkling Christmas tree, surrounded by homespun holiday trimmings.

The Jingle Jangle Jamboree promises to be the perfect spot to celebrate the spirit of the season in a warm-hearted way as big as all outdoors!

Looks like they decided to change the title from the previously announced Holly Jolly Jamboree. This is an expanded edition of the previous years' Reindeer Roundup. Not sure if Santa's Reindeer will still show up. Glad the Billys will be there!

tinkwest
11-06-2012, 03:17 PM
**Change**
No dining packages offered for the Candlelight Processional and Ceremony this year. Read about these performances in this separate thread. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=193884)

tinkwest
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I am really excited about seeing Buena Vista Street decorated. DCA always seemed to be a bit forgotten in the past when it came to having a holiday feel.

from Disney Parks Blog:
Buena Vista Street is filled with dreams of a bright future for all, and this Yuletide season promises to be even brighter as this happy, bustling community celebrates its first Christmas with joyous new traditions.

Shopkeepers up and down the street have decorated for the holidays, but inside the lavish Elias & Co. department store, they’ve gone all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus. Here, wide-eyed children may take a seat alongside the jolly old elf to share with him their fondest wishes for Christmas morning.

Another new idea really struck a chord after a holiday committee meeting of the Buena Vista Street Chamber of Commerce. Wishing to serve their community, eight individuals decided to form a volunteer holiday troupe, calling themselves the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers. Acting as a spirited, traveling “welcome wagon” to anyone visiting this friendly neighborhood, the Bell Ringers take their festive cheer to the street, encouraging others to join in spontaneous ring-along sing-alongs of familiar holiday tunes.

As dusk falls each evening, the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers will gather in Carthay Circle with their fellow Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The sound of bells rings out, and everyone is invited to join together in the lighting of the town’s Christmas tree, wishing goodwill and joy to one and all!

You’re all invited to come join in the merriment, November 12 through January 6, at Disney California Adventure park.

Disney4us2
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

Glad the Billy's will be there. We had a chance to see them during the Halloween Time at BTR and they were so funny and put on a really good show. Looking forward to seeing how BTR is transformed for the Christmas holiday. Hope the reindeer will be there.:deer:

tinkwest
11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Included in the Jingle Jangle Jamboree description at Disneyland's website is the following:

The Holiday Corral — Head over to the petting zoo, where you'll find "The Goats of Christmas Present" and 2 cuddly "BAAAA-Humbug!" lambs.

So maybe no reindeer this year. :sad:

NotaGeek
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I am SO excited for my holidays trip! WOO HOO!

Disney4us2
11-11-2012, 01:31 PM
We went yesterday and sadly no reindeer. Next week they will be getting a couple of new animals. The goat/ sheep petting area is still open.

Santa is now inside the BTR area. It was very nicely done. The Billy's were there and we caught the end of the show. They have peppermint looking cotton candy, Monte Cristo bites, like from the Monte Cristo sandwich, and other goodies and cookie decorating.

The park is all decorated, but I didn't notice if the castle had all the lights on it.

DCA: All I can say is WOW.... they really went all out over there. Cars Land is really decorated for the holidays to the hilt. At the Cars Land sign at the entrance to Route 66 they added a Snow Mater. Instead of a carrot nose, he has an orange cone. Didn't get a pic for that. but got several others. Had to choose since my battery was almost gone.

All the attractions had some type of tree as well as the stores. There was garland across the walk way that was so cute and creative. It was made of air filters with a tire in the center. Hanging from the garland were snowflakes made from wrenches. Each snowflake was different.

Buena Vista Street was very well done and classy. The tree is not in the center but to the left as you are walking in. Everything was very nicely done and the holiday seasond doesn't really officially start until 11/12/12.

I really can't wait to go back and experience it again. I was in total awe.

Here are a few pics from Cars Land.
www.photobucket.com/disneylandholiday

tinkwest
11-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm getting more and more excited. Wednesday can't come soon enough! :tree:

Disney4us2
11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm getting more and more excited. Wednesday can't come soon enough! :tree:

I am excited for you. You will love how it is all done.

DCA has so much more than I expected as far as decorations. Even the Hollwood Studios area has some type of decorations. Cars Land was just over the top though.

DisneyLandMomma
11-12-2012, 04:19 PM
OMG....soooo cute!! Love the snowflakes!!

tinkwest
11-12-2012, 06:24 PM
This holiday season, enjoy the yuletide adventures of Christmas elves Lanny and Wayne in "Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice", airing in 3D at Muppet*Vision Theater beginning November 16 through the holidays!

tinkwest
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
:elf: We had a lot of fun watching Lanny, Wayne and his brother Noel, in the Prep & Landing movie in the Muppet Theater.

:nopity: Billy Hill was great as usual, with holiday music and special guests.

Mary Chase
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
This holiday season, enjoy the yuletide adventures of Christmas elves Lanny and Wayne in "Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice", airing in 3D at Muppet*Vision Theater beginning November 16 through the holidays!

Does this mean they will not be showing Muppet Vision 3D? Even though we've seen it a million times, my kids really like that show. But sounds like the Prep & Landing show will be cute too.

tinkwest
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Does this mean they will not be showing Muppet Vision 3D? Even though we've seen it a million times, my kids really like that show. But sounds like the Prep & Landing show will be cute too.

Just Prep & Landing: Naughty vs Nice right now. I like these characters and had fun watching their adventures. I missed the Frankenweenie showing that was running in the theater during Halloween Time so I'm happy I was there for the first day of this Holiday show.

TwinPrincesses
11-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I have been studying the Disneyland site and intercot and I have to say I am really disappointed. We are always going at Christmas time, but I am having a hard time getting excited this time around.
No reindeer? How sad! But what I really can't figure out is why there is no Christmas fantasy parade at night (We will be there the week of Dec. 10th through the 14th) I think that parade looks SO much better under the lights. Anyone have insight why they are only having parades in the daytime? :(

tinkwest
11-19-2012, 04:21 PM
No reindeer? How sad! But what I really can't figure out is why there is no Christmas fantasy parade at night (We will be there the week of Dec. 10th through the 14th) I think that parade looks SO much better under the lights. Anyone have insight why they are only having parades in the daytime? :(

Although the reindeer are not at Disneyland this year the Jingle Jangle Jamboree is better than the Reindeer Roundup ever was. There is far more space - enough for games, crafts, and cookie decorating along with goats, lambs, & calf - and continuing shows with the Billys and guest performers.

During the time period that you are there the Candlelight Procession will be sharing Main Street USA with the parade, snow, and fireworks. In order to fit it all in the parade had to be bumped up a bit. This parade is excellent no matter what the time of day is.

ETA: Don't forget that DCA is more decorative than ever this holiday season. It's great!

NotaGeek
11-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I am SO excited to see the decorations this year -- and the Jamboree thing is gonna be awesome!

TwinPrincesses
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
Christmas fantasy is my favorite parade in any of the parks, it is truly excellent. We usually watch it every night when we are there and I have enjoyed it for years. But still, to me personally it just doesn't have the same magic without the many colored lights. I am really disappointed.
What is the candlelight procession? I didn't see that on the schedule at all.

tinkwest
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
...What is the candlelight procession? I didn't see that on the schedule at all.

Here's a thread with info. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=193884)