PDA

View Full Version : Twins CS Table Service Review Sept 2nd to 16th

Dragongirlx
10-02-2012, 11:16 AM
This is a brief review of the counter service restaurants my Twin sister (Jeniflower) and I went to for our trip from 2nd to the 16th of September

For our table service review please go here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=195093)

Columbia Harbour House – I really like the food here but have had bad experiences with service a few times and unfortunately this is was no exception. Ordered quite quickly but the wait to get what we ordered (one chicken and fish basket and one fried shrimp) was very long. People who ordered after us were getting their order straight away while we waited and we weren’t the only ones this was happening too. Two other families in the queue had ordered before us and were still waiting too. Eventually another server went and checked with the kitchen to find out what had happened to our orders and made sure we got them quickly as we had been waiting so long. We did enjoy the food but the service put us off returning here for the rest of the trip. I will eat here again in future though because I love the food and the theme of the restaurant.

Cosmic Ray’s – Ate here a few times. Love the food and love Sonny Eclipse. Service was good the first time but only good for me the second time. I got my meal but my sister who had ordered from another bay had a bit of a wait as the servers were celebrating another persons birthday. It was a bit frustrating for Jeni as she could see her meal waiting at the window but it was nice to see them make an effort for people birthdays. The burgers here are lovely as always but the new buns are a bit dry. I did try my first ever chilli cheese dog which was really nice if a little messy.

Sleepy Hollow – Ate here for breakfast and tried the new waffle sandwiches for lunch. I love the funnel cake and really enjoyed that for a breakfast. Glad they don’t do them in the UK though or I’d never stop eating them. The new sandwiches were ok but I found the contrast between the sweet waffle and the savoury filling to be too much. I had the chicken one and Jeni had the cheese and ham. In the end I removed the filling and ate it separately.
I will return here for more funnel cake though.

Flame Tree BBQ – Love, love love this restaurant. Always order the same thing – the pork sandwich and a side of onion rings. These are the best onion rings ever and I wish there was a way to ship them here. My sister who doesn’t like BBQ sauce loves the one at this restaurant so much that I am going to attempt to make it here (thanks Disney recipe book). I could eat that pork sandwich every day. We did get harassed a little by the birds but not too much. We abide by the rules and don’t feed them but we did see a few others feed them despite the signs.

Animal Kingdom – we had breakfast at one of the counter service places in Africa but I can’t remember the name. We both had the breakfast flatbread which was very nice. It was good to find a hot breakfast there and the seating area was very quiet. Gave us a nice break before tackling kali river rapids and expedition Everest.
Backlot express – We both had the cheeseburgers here with the onion straws. They were very nice and the service was very quick. The buns here seemed better than ones at cosmic rays. It was nice to be able to sit outside as well and still be under cover as the inside part was quite noisy. It was also fun to be able to hear the noise from star tours and Indiana Jones.

Catalina Eddie’s– Standard counter service stuff. Jeni had the hot Italian deli sandwich and I had to get my one counter service pizza of the trip. I do love these but try not to eat them all the time. We both enjoyed this meal but it was nothing special.

Katsura Grill – I have always loved this restaurant since we started coming to the world but my sister hasn’t really been that fond of it however this year it all changed. First she tried the teriyaki salmon and loved it, the next time we got the tonosama combination with beef, chicken and salmon and she decided that the chicken was also gorgeous and better than the salmon. She wasn’t too fussed on the beef but that left more for me – yummy. I really like sitting outside in the Japanese garden too very tranquil.

Cantina de san angel – a new one for us we both had the tacos de pollo and they were lovely. We liked them so much we came back on another night just to have them again. The nachos with the meal were a nice change from fries too. This always seemed quite busy though and it was a struggle to get a seat but it was nice to be able to eat looking over the lake.

Yorkshire County fish shop – Ok despite being in the UK and being able to get fish and chips whenever we want we still went here a couple of times. They are good fish and chips, not to greasy and always piping hot. I would also love to see them start doing some other fish and chip shop faves such as a haggis supper or a nice sausage supper but you can’t have everything.

We were planning to go to more counter service but never seemed to make it
All the counter service food was good and apart from the issue with service in CHH there were no real problems.

SBETigg
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Great reviews, thanks! I'm laughing thinking about Yorkshire Fish and Chips serving Haggis! Can't even imagine that. But wouldn't that be something?

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Cosmic Ray’s – Ate here a few times. Love the food and love Sonny Eclipse. Service was good the first time but only good for me the second time. I got my meal but my sister who had ordered from another bay had a bit of a wait as the servers were celebrating another persons birthday. It was a bit frustrating for Jeni as she could see her meal waiting at the window but it was nice to see them make an effort for people birthdays. The burgers here are lovely as always but the new buns are a bit dry. I did try my first ever chilli cheese dog which was really nice if a little messy.

Phew, that was a close one. I thought we were the only family that like Sonny Eclipse. It wouldn't be a WDW vacation without him.

January-2007
10-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

Dragongirlx
10-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Great reviews, thanks! I'm laughing thinking about Yorkshire Fish and Chips serving Haggis! Can't even imagine that. But wouldn't that be something?

I know it probably wouldn't be a big hit but living in Scotland I had some real haggis cravings when I was away. Anything that can make that pavillion more representative of the whole of the UK and not just England has to be a good thing.

yjgirl32
10-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Great reviews- thanks for sharing.

MNNHFLTX
10-03-2012, 02:33 PM
I was glad to see you mention Katsura Grill--that is one of my favorite CS restaurants at Epcot. Loved it when it was the Yakitori House too.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2012, 01:20 PM
thanks for the reviews, not sure how well the haggis would go over but I do agree they need to represent Scotland, Wales and Ireland a bit more.

BriarRose0708
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Great reviews! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

missastrocat
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks so much for the reviews! I don't think I've eaten at Cosmic Ray's and will put that on our maybe list if we happen to be in that area during a meal time. I've heard Sonny Eclipse's whole gig on a disney radio site, but have never seen it in person.

My DH is from Scotland (tomorrow he will have been in the US for 3 years), and cannot wait to go to the UK pavilion for dinner, lunch (and he wanted another dinner at R&C). Too bad they don't have Irn Bru, but they do have Strongbow!!