PDA

View Full Version : Merida Makes Trip "Magical" -- Day One

MrPeetrie
10-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Magic Kingdom:

This is our first full day on property. We woke up early and headed straight out to the Magic Kingdom. No breakfast at resort. Bus transportation arrived after only 10 minutes and we reached the MK just minutes after opening. As soon as we walked through the underpass and into Towne Square my wife began to cry. (Last trip, she was in the midst of a year-long illness and she had a horrible, forgetable vacation. This time, she felt so much better and was so "ready" to enjoy Walt Disney World.)

We walked up Main Street and went straight to the Bakery. (I had the cheese danish. Delicious!!!) We went to Adventureland and made the Swiss Family Treehouse the first attraction. (Last year, it was under refurb so my DD9 wanted that to be the first thing we did.)

Jungle Cruise (Great Skipper), Magic Carpets, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, all in short order. Lines were very quick because there was a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night.

We went into Fantasyland and got FastPasses for Peter Pan, then rode Mickey's Philharmagic and It's a Small World while we waited for those to become valid.

After Peter Pan, my DD9 and I went to Cosmic Ray's and sat right up in front. My DW and DS2 went to Casey's, then brought their meals to eat with us and Sonny Eclipse.

After lunch, we went to the Merida Meet & Greet -- the highlight of the trip. [I detail this meeting quite extensively in the THEME PARK discussion section.]

After some more time in Fantasyland, DD and I grabbed FastPasses for Space Mountain. We all rode Laugh Floor and the TTA, waiting for them to becomse valid. (We only needed FastPasses twice the whole day.)

We worked our way back to Main Street for some more shopping, before heading out of the park. We took the resort monorail over to Contemporary as we had 8:15 ADRs at the California Grille.

Our dinner was amazing [Used TIW. Incredible savings.], but the California Grille is no place for an enthusiastic 2YO. As soon as our drinks were placed on the table, he put his cars in the glass. He was loud, too. To keep him occupied, we took turns walking him around, showing him the amazing kitchen as food was being prepared.

After dinner, we went outide to watch the MNSSHP Fireworks from the balcony.

Once finished, we took the monorail back to the MK, then hopped on a bus to POFQ. We stopped at the Sassagoula for some beignets to take back to our room. [TIW is valid at this food court!]

Tubbies, squish in bed, and our first full day was over!!! Great Day! Great Memories!

faline
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Having read your other post on your daughter's meet with Merida, I know this was a very wonderful and special day!!

A couple of years back, we dined at Caifornia Grill with my nephew who was 2-1/2 at the time. It was a bit of a challenging meal for my brother. We dined there again last winter when he was 4-1/2 which went much better!!

Dopey's Girl
10-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Great day. I'm still smiling about your meet and greet. Such a wonderful story.

2 year olds are fun aren't they?! I have a nearly 2 year old nephew...he's amazing, but not fit to take out to eat. That attention span just isn't there yet!

DisneyorBust
10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
A very nice day! Isn't it great when the crowds are low? Love the short wait times. Now I need to head over to the Theme parks thread to read about the meet and greet.

Melanie
10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Off to read about the Merida meet. I loved when I did it!

pdrlkr
10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

hoop de do
10-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Sounds like a great Day one.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

January-2007
10-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for reporting!

yjgirl32
10-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
10-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Your DW's reaction upon walking into MK for the first time each trip is something I do each visit! :mickey: Great strategy for visiting MK on a party day with low lines. And as commented in your other thread, your DD and Merida's story is truly magic. DS's reaction at Cali Grill is a crack-up, btw. :D Thanks for sharing another great day with us all! :mickey:

EpcotChic23
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I read your review on Merida eariler. What a great story and CM. We love the Cali Grill but you are right we have a 3 year old and she skipped that meal in June.

vizsla
10-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Love the Merida report.

I think next year we'll be doing the TIW card.

Thanks for the report... on to day 2!

MrPeetrie
10-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Love the Merida report.

I think next year we'll be doing the TIW card.

Thanks for the report... on to day 2!

It's been one month since e met Merida and my daughter is still over the moon about it.

Regarding TIW, as AP member, we purchased it for $75. It saved nearly $140 over 10 days and had I known on day one I could have used it at our food court (Sassagoula Floatworks) I would have saved even more. I recommend it.