PDA

View Full Version : Live from Disneyland Day 2

Disney4us2
10-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Today we started out early going over to the Disneyland Hotel. There is a new DVC event called Royal Gatherings. It is the same thing as Welcome Home Wednesdays. There are give away drawings, trivia games etc. It was very small scale compared to the Welcome Home Wednesdays. We didn't win the big prizes, but did get a DVC hat:)

After that we made our Target run. I saw some LED Halloween lights at our local Target but didn't get them. I got them to decorate the basket on my scooter for the Halloween party tomorrow night.. very cool looking in orange and purple.

As for the parks. While Jessica was going over her pins in the room, I went to see about getting my GAC FP for Racers for later. When I got there, the attraction just went 101... The CM was nice enough to give me the FP when I told him I wouldn't need it until after 6 pm.

We chilled out in the room a lot. The temps were around 103 or more. Finally we went over to DCA and the Animation building. We did the drawing and this one was of Victor from Frankenweenie. Then off to see the movie preview...again.:thumbsup: We used some FP's for Grizzly River Run and I got soaked, which was my goal.:D We were going to go to the pool after that until we discovered that Jessica forgot her swim suits at home. We were bummed. We dried off and went back to DCA and had a quick dinner at Award Weiners They have a Frankenweenie... It is a pork sausage wrapped in bacon, with carmelaized onions, with bbq sauce. Sounds gross, but it was really good. Did a quick run to Toy Story, Maters Junk Yard Jamboree... Love that ride and RSR. The parks closed early (8pm). We got to watch World of Color from our room. Wasn't the greatest view, but was still nice.

Tomorrow: Pin trading at Disneyland (Jessica's request. Rest in the afternoon. Halloween party at Disneyland till 11pm. Very full and long day. Going to be another hot one.

faline
10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Nice day! Have never done the Grizzly River run ride.

NotaGeek
10-03-2012, 02:07 AM
What a fun day -- I can't believe how hot it is! I am gonna die this weekend! :faint:

Disney4us2
10-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Nice day! Have never done the Grizzly River run ride.
It is similar to Kali River Rapids...only better, and wetter:thumbsup:

What a fun day -- I can't believe how hot it is! I am gonna die this weekend! :faint:

I hope it cools down a bit by Friday. It was not as bad today. Are you going to the Halloween Party? It was a total blast.

Melanie
10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Grizzly is so much better than Kali! Sounds like you needed a good soaking. Boy the weather sounds miserable. :unsure:

Thanks for taking us along on your days!

pdrlkr
10-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: