PDA

View Full Version : Should I Consider All-Star?

WDWgoofy
10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I have another solo trip coming in early February and was considering All-Star resorts, since I've never stayed there previously.

I have always liked Pop, but thought for a change maybe I should plan an All-Star stay.

I've included a poll to tally your results.

Itchy
10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I have stayed at All Star Sports and Movies.

Of the two I would stay at Movies. Next to POP it is my favorite value resort.

Movies has some great theming.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

darthmacho
10-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I like Pop Century better than All Star Music, my favorite of the All Stars, but since your signature indicates that you've been to Pop before, why not give the All Stars Resort a try? :mickey:

Disney4us2
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I have stayed at the All Star Movies Resort 3 times. Had a great stay each time, even though one was a short stay. Love the themeing there.

Capt_redshirt
10-02-2012, 02:37 AM
I stayed at all star movies and i think its a great place to stay... that being said there is only one down side to staying at any of the all star resorts. they share a bus between all 3 places..(altho ive heard that in really busy seasons each resort will have its own bus but would need confirmation of that)

AmandaChan
10-02-2012, 07:54 AM
We were surprised when we went to all star sports in 2007. We didn't mind the resort and thought it was nice. The busses can get old after a while but we were always picked up and dropped off first it seemed.

steamboat willy
10-02-2012, 08:24 AM
We have stayed Allstar Resorts, Moderates and Deluxe, but Dad started it all 40 years ago at Fort Wilderness Campground. As you can see from my signature, we call Allstar Music (Calypso) our home Resort. We enjoy the Pool, the Colors and Theming of MUSIC! The Food Court has the best selections for our taste and it's always special to come home at night to a chocolate sundae. Hey.....once a year treat!
I say give it a try, you can't go wrong with any of the Allstar's of your choosing.

ransam
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
For me, I'm never at the resort, so the value is perfect.

Tigerinvestigator
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM
We've stayed at All Stars a few times and our favorite is All Star Music. We like Pop as well but the only value we ever thought was actually really pretty at night was Music. The Jazz section reminded us alot of POFQ at night. If you really like Pop then I believe you will like All Stars as they are very very similar.:thumbsup:

brownie
10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
We've stayed at All-Star Movies, Pop Century, and All-Star Music. I think it's worth trying for a stay. We spent one night at All-Star Music this past summer and enjoyed our stay there.

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't imagine the bus service at Pop being much better than at the AllStars. So with that being equal, the theming at AS Movies is really cool. You'll like it over there.

DisneyorBust
10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
We have stayed at the All Star Sports twice, and have had an enjoyable experience both times. The bus service was very good, short waits and we never stopped at the other All Star resorts.

Mousemates
10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Honestly, there really isn't all that much difference between them...we've done them all and enjoyed them all. We did find Sports to be a bit noisier than the others. That being said we do prefer Pop (slightly) over all.

EJS-Houston
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I've stayed at All-Star Sports quite a few times and am trying Pop this time around for a change of pace...but I'll miss All-Star Sports, and recommend you give it a try. When the three resorts share one bus, Sports is first to be picked up when going to the parks, and it's first for drop-off on your return trip.

AllDisney
10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
We like these resorts as well. Our favorites are Music & Movies:mickey:

grumpypima
10-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes, give the All-Stars a try!! We've stayed all levels: deluxe, moderate, & value: both Pop & All-Stars Sports.

We really like Sports. The food court is great, bus service good, and resort theme perfect for our family.

It really is true, you just can't go wrong with any Disney resort...we love them all!!!

disneydeb
10-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I prefer Sports of all the all stars, because of the fact they are first on the bus line.

Pop is fun though too!

nfrustaci
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
we have stayed at music, was nice I agree with previous post that Jaz is very pretty at night. we have stayed at the pop every year since and we love it there too. this go around in feb we are trying the AoA. Have a great trip :thumbsup:

Jayhorn
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I really wanted to answer no, don't stay at a value resort ... but that wasn't an option.

azcavalier
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
As others have said, they're pretty nice resorts, and the themeing is amazing. Love the larger than life icons they have all over the place.

The food courts are mediocre, but how often are you going to eat there?

I would stay away from All Star Sports, though. Lots of youth teams. We stayed there once and had multiple problems...the noise, idiot kids knocking on our windows as they ran by at midnight, the door locks not working with our cards, etc, etc. Our week-long experience at All Star Sports was bay far the worst Disney experience we've ever had.

BigRedDad
10-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The only thing I regret about the All Stars is the bus system. We had breakfast reservations for 8:15AM at the Tusker House. We were at AS-Sports. We got out to the buses at 7:15AM, picked up at 7:40AM, went to AS Music and Movies. We arrived at AK at 8:10. We could have walked there faster.

If you do not want the hassle of buses, by all means stay at Pop. If you don't mind the resort hopping, shuffling people on, off, and around because of an ECV, then the AS are fine.

AmandaChan
10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Already mentioned the busses on here but as far as the resort itself it's fine. I think the next time we go to wdw we're taking a van.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-13-2012, 10:33 AM
We were surprised when we went to all star sports in 2007. We didn't mind the resort and thought it was nice. The busses can get old after a while but we were always picked up and dropped off first it seemed.
I haven't stayed at Sports but last time we did Music. DD noticed that sports always got dropped off first. She said next time lets stay there. If the buses mater to you then keep this in mind.
:mickey: