PDA

View Full Version : How to burn up these snack credits?

jakeofwildwood
10-01-2012, 06:40 AM
My family of 4 (DW, DD 16, DD 18) usually visit the World during the Food and Wine festival. We save our snack credits until our last day, always making Epcot our final park. Using those saved snack credits we will graze from the stands until needing to head for the airport.

That got me thinking, if you have 6 snack credits in your pocket where would you use them in each park? The rule is that you have to have at least breakfast and lunch.

Ideas where to eat?

tinxmom
10-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Not really a direct answer to your question (because it doesn't technically qualify as breakfast and lunch), but we hoard our snack credits and then go home with a bag of mickey krispy treats. It helps to ease the withdrawal once we get home!

SBETigg
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM
If it's Food and Wine time, that's an easy one. I will use my snack credits on F & W treats, but I won't wait until the last day.

If it's not F & W time, I like crepes in France, something at Karamell Kuche, a Dole Whip or two, egg roll or fried rice at the AK, something at Boulangerie, maybe a pretzel, cupcakes. Sometimes a cinnamon roll for breakfast. I never have trouble using my snack credits.

Lindsey310
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm obsessed with the cinnamon glazed almonds! Delicious :eat:

#1donaldfan
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm obsessed with the cinnamon glazed almonds! Delicious :eat:

Oh yeah !! Those are incredible.....

Snack credits for 4, six credits left total ??

six credits will not feed both breakfast and dinner, but 4 double chocolate muffins and two drinks......rest out of pocket.....not easy to do splitting 6 credits between 4 people over the span of two meals.....

if you had six each, then one muffin each and a drink for breakfast, then for lunch I'd do a pretzel and a box of popcorn and a drink....one left for an icecream or rootbeer float.....

Gator
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
The first one would be for a large Dasani. After that, it's a pastry from France for breakfast. Later in the morning, I'll hit Norway for some school bread. For lunch, those maple/cinnamon baked almonds will do nicely. Then on to Germany for a chocolate treat. Last snack credit is for a green tea from the Joy of Tea stand near China.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
where do you get the cinnimon glazed almonds> Those sound GREAT!

tjstrike
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Goofy's candy store in DTD is a great place to burn those snacks. Lots of really great ride home snacks. :thumbsup:

andmomlau
10-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Yes! Where are the cinnamon glazed almonds?

jakeofwildwood
10-08-2012, 08:08 AM
I've found them in front of Pirates of the Caribbean, but I am sure that they are elsewhere too.

teamblackwell
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
We traveled with my parents last month and they didn't understand the "use it or loss it" aspect of the dining plan. Mom ended up having 13 snack credits on her last day. She used them all on the glazed almonds at the cart between pirates and the JC. She was so happy cause they charge $7 a bag these those at Silver Dollar City, were she usually goes.

mydisneygirls
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't know about in the parks, but I could get breakfast and lunch at Roaring Forks at the WL. For breakfast, a bagel, muffin, pastry, etc. is considered a snack and at lunch the soup of the day or chili is also.

E-OR
10-10-2012, 09:37 PM
We use a lot of our credits for candy, cookies, and snacks to bring home. It's fun to have them on hand to take to work, have on hand for those days when one needs something sweet, or to share with family and friends. I love the snack credits! Just found out when we ate at Art of Animation that we could get a bag of candy for our dessert credit since we did not want a dessert. Brought that home too.

Chaos
10-12-2012, 09:42 AM
We drive so when we had a ton of snack credits leftover on our honeymoon, we just raided the food court and got snacks for the ride home.

mc mouse
10-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I use my snack credits to cover breakfast, i.e., rolls, pastry, fruit cup, etc., and then use my refillable mug for coffee.

bruin1344
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I use my snack credits to cover breakfast, i.e., rolls, pastry, fruit cup, etc., and then use my refillable mug for coffee.

same here

Janmac
10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
One of the best uses for a snack credit for breakfast is beignets - but you gotta be at the French Quarter. 3 per credit. Almost worth taking a bus to the resort for.

The best lunch snack credit according to our youngest grandson when he was a teen, is egg rolls at Yak & Yeti counter service, AK.

With a teenage boy, snack credits don't last long. We would use a CS credit for an entree and a snack credit for extra food, trying to fill him up at lunches.

Jan

merryc17
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Our family's favorite "end of the trip" snacks are huge chunks of fudge from the Confectionary in MK (and the candy store at DTD). Everyone gets a different kind and we all split it as a treat to end the trip on a sugar high. It's delicious!

disneydeb
10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
When going late in the year, I have been known to get treats for Christmas stockings..:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
10-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Do the yogurt parfait's count as a snack credit?