PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Magical Adventure 2012 Part 15 (Going home and final thoughts)

Zawadi
09-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Saturday Sep 29
Well all good things must come to an end.

It was up early to start the packing and to hopefully be tired on the plane so that we could get some sleep. I went down to the Marketplace at 07:30 for some drinks and cinnamon rolls. The itemised bill was pushed under the door and we checked it against the receipts. All was correct. We went for a loop around Crescent Lake to see how we could use up our snack credits and bought candy from the Character Carnival (Seashore Sweets doesn't open until 11:30) We were all done by 11:00, which just happens to be the check-out time and took the cases to the bell desk.

We were thinking what to do for the next 3 hours. First, lunch but where for a CS? We weren't impressed with the obscenely large doorstops at the Boardwalk Bakery (several times more bread than filling). We decided on Wolfgang Puck at West Side, as we had dined there before during our last trip. Drove to Downtown Disney and we were not disappointed.

We returned to the hotel and got one of the few reaming spaces in the parking lot. We sat in the lobby watching the world go by. It was approaching 14:00 and we went to the Marketplace again for a final round of drinks. After drinking up, it was a case of how to recycle the mugs, as we have so many at home including AKL ones from 2001 and the current design. Asked a CM in the shop and, after getting over the shock that we didn't want to keep the mugs, suggested putting them into the plastic bottle bin. We found the bin, in the Beach Club Villas courtyard, next to a trash bin that was being emptied by a CM. The mugs didn't fit through the hole and the CM asked what were we doing. Again disbelief that we didn't want the mugs. We were told to just leave them on the top and that somebody would probably take them.

We returned to the Yacht Club's lobby and DW asked for our cases whilst I fetched the car. We were loaded up and on our way to MCO by 14:20. The drive, via I4 and 528 toll, to the Alamo return at Terminal B was uneventful apart from a RV that decided to pull out in front of me from a standing start on the shoulder and I had no space to overtake it.

We dropped the cases off and got the boarding cards with no delay and proceed through security, after a final look in the Disney Earport store. We settled in to the Delta lounge until our flight was called. The plane pushed back bang on time (17:35) and the watches were put forward 5 hours. We arrived in London 7.5 hours later (06:30 UK). Our cases were one of the first on the reclaim belt and our driver was waiting for us. We were home by 09:15 and fell asleep for 4 hours.

Final Thoughts
Apart from the rain during the first week, this has been a fantastic two weeks in WDW. *The rain caused us to change the plan and go with the flow (of rainwater). DW has achieved the impossible and got me to slow down. Instead of doing a few things time and time again we did more things once or twice (Soarin' being the exception)

The two tours, Steam Trains and Wild Africa Trek, were exceptional and our dollars went there instead of MNSSHP. The memory of crossing the rope bridge above Nile Crocodiles will not be forgotten in a hurry.

We didn't get to try Tokyo Dining, the chance of going to Le Cellier could not be ignored. Maybe next time.

We've talked with several people on Intercot and the chance meeting of us from UK, badkitty from California and joannelet from New Jersey finally put faces to names.

We're now in a strange situation with not having the next holiday planned. It could be WDW or Hawaii with a couple of days at Disneyland (Anaheim). Time will tell. In the meantime we've got the photos and memories of this trip and the Disney recipes, from the books that we bought on this trip, that we will be trying out.

We hope that you have enjoyed reading these reports.

See ya real soon :mickey:

faline
09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your reports! I've greatly enjoyed reading each and every one!

Good luck with your new measuring cups and the new recipes you'll be trying out!

Have you been to Dinseyland? Hawaii? Both are wonderful destinations!!

Joannelet
09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Glad you are both home safe and sound! You certaintly did have a wonderful trip! Jay and I are so interested in doing the tour at AK after hearing about your experience. I will however remember to put bug spray on. I hope her bites are on the mend!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip and it was great to finally meet you!

wildernesslady
10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip. Have fun planning your next adventure.

Zawadi
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your reports! I've greatly enjoyed reading each and every one!

Good luck with your new measuring cups and the new recipes you'll be trying out!

Have you been to Dinseyland? Hawaii? Both are wonderful destinations!!

Baking will start next weekend. The hard part is deciding what to try first :chef:

We called in to Anaheim in 2004 (The year that ToT opened there but prefer WDW's version). We liked the Aladdin show. Is it still running?

Never been to Hawaii but the scenery in Hawaii-5-O and documentaries on the volcanoes have made us very interested. It's just the flying - 11.5 hrs to LAX then another 5 hrs to the islands.

pdrlkr
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation! :smickey:

faline
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Baking will start next weekend. The hard part is deciding what to try first :chef:

Sounds like there'll be some yummy eating around your home!!

We called in to Anaheim in 2004 (The year that ToT opened there but prefer WDW's version). We liked the Aladdin show. Is it still running?

It's been about 6 years since our last Disneyland visit. We loved the Aladdin show. I understand it is still running but has had some changes (like the flying carpet no longer flies out over the audience) that would likely diminish the show that I remember.

Never been to Hawaii but the scenery in Hawaii-5-O and documentaries on the volcanoes have made us very interested. It's just the flying - 11.5 hrs to LAX then another 5 hrs to the islands.

We're on the east coast of the U.S. so our flight(s) to Hawaii are a bit shorter but still quite tedious. It's why we plan to visit for two weeks when we go. The scenery is astounding! While the Caribbean is beautiful, in my opinion, Hawaii is more beautiful. We've not been to the island of Hawaii (where the active volcano is) but have visited Ohau and Maui a couple of time within the last 10 years. I would highly recommend a visit - each island has something to offer and each feels a bit different.

DisneyDawgette
10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I have been meaning to read your posts for a week! So, I sat down tonight and knocked them all out. I must say that I was incredibly sad to see them come to an end, as I'm sure you were about your trip!

Thanks for the great posts! They may make my last 7 days before we get to leave even more exciting than before... And if you ask my DBF, any more excited and I just may pop!

Glad you made it home and had a wonderful trip. :mickey:

January-2007
10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks so much for reporting!

DisneyorBust
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I really enjoyed travelling along with you!

Zawadi
10-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Sounds like there'll be some yummy eating around your home!!

It has started with a 9" Italian Lemon Tart, from Disney Cruise Line. Yummy is an under statement but don't count the calories. :cloud9:

faline
10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
It has started with a 9" Italian Lemon Tart, from Disney Cruise Line. Yummy is an under statement but don't count the calories. :cloud9:

If you're using a Disney cookbook doesn't the no calorie rule hold true??!! ;)